American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Are there any pictures of anything from the final night? GDCers? The guys? GDCers with the guys or cast members?

I know Justin got a couple pictures with cast members and Morgan got one with Tré. I wish I had gotten one with BJ and Tré.

Booties? Photos, please. Are they crocheted/knit ones? They sound cute. :)

I got some photos of the ones Dawn made for me. They are precious (mine are the Billie Joe's). I'm hoping to upload photos today and will share.

I know Justin got a couple pictures with cast members and Morgan got one with Tré. I wish I had gotten one with BJ and Tré.

Oh, cool! Also, these booties, did I miss something?

Booties? Photos, please. Are they crocheted/knit ones? They sound cute. :)

Hi ya --

I'm flattered and a bit surprised these have generated some interest. Perhaps J'net is right -- this could be a whole new career for me. :cool:

The link below is the prototype of the "Billie Joe" -- J'net has pictures of the pair, and the ones I gave to Adie were more like high tops. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of those.

http://tinypic.com/4duk9g94

Next set will be the "Tre oh so Cool". And as soon as I can figure out how to replicate Mike's Macbeth shoes (every try to crochet a gromit? Not easy, my friends), those will follow.

Does anyone have a video of a song from this musical for 21 Guns or something?

any videos would work since i haven't seen any videos from this musical

News about the 21 Guns recording from Ben Thompson:

"Ben Thompson is back in NYC!!! Look for the new release of Green Day's 21 Guns featuring the cast of American Idiot everywhere shortly after Thanksgiving..."

Woot to that!

"Ben Thompson is back in NYC!!! Look for the new release of Green Day's 21 Guns featuring the cast of American Idiot everywhere shortly after Thanksgiving..."

Woot to that!

:woot:

Woot to that!

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

Yeah he did. He was so great! He even signed my AI poster. :bunny:

i was there thursday also (came across to see tony especially) i may have seen you having your poster signed :). i've seen him so many times in various shows and gigs over the years, but he never ceases to amaze me. each time he settles into the skin of his character and makes it TOTALLY his own. st jimmy is SO perfect for him. probably the most well cast role he's had i think. i'm really proud of him, AND so so glad i booked to come see the show when i did and NOT the closing weekend!

-ing x

i was there thursday also (came across to see tony especially) i may have seen you having your poster signed :). i've seen him so many times in various shows and gigs over the years, but he never ceases to amaze me. each time he settles into the skin of his character and makes it TOTALLY his own. st jimmy is SO perfect for him. probably the most well cast role he's had i think. i'm really proud of him, AND so so glad i booked to come see the show when i did and NOT the closing weekend!

-ing x

Oh, Ingrid, I was wondering when you were going to see it! I'm SO glad, too, that you saw it when you did. I was truly disappointed that Tony wasn't in any of the performances I saw. He is the perfect St. Jimmy!

i was there thursday also (came across to see tony especially) i may have seen you having your poster signed :).

I was the one with the choker on - and my hair in a ponytail. Black Jacket and taking too many pictures of the sig wall.

I really wished I woulda got a picture with him.

I was the one with the choker on - and my hair in a ponytail. Black Jacket and taking too many pictures of the sig wall.

I really wished I woulda got a picture with him.

hmmm.....i remember some young children and a rather drunk older lady having autographs with tony, so that couldn't have been you lol. were you in the court yard or main building when you met him? i was the one with blonde spikey hair (part shaved) dressed all in black w/ black glasses--the one looking totally dazed from a hard day's travelling by air and rail. i only got to berkeley 2 hrs before curtain up! and why no pic!?! i signed the wall too :) --"Tony for a TONY!" :) :) :)

-ing x

Oh, Ingrid, I was wondering when you were going to see it! I'm SO glad, too, that you saw it when you did. I was truly disappointed that Tony wasn't in any of the performances I saw. He is the perfect St. Jimmy!

yup yup j'net. nov 12th was my nite at the rep! :) - a whirlwind trip, but one i wouldn't have missed for the world--simply incredible. i'm sorry that you didn't get to see tony this final show weekend--the disappointment was felt on his end too in a major way. what has been amazing to watch over the 10 week run of the show is that so many of you have been introduced to the wonderful "TV", and have been "wow'd" by his interpretation of st jimmy. this puts the BIGGEST smile on my face. may he continue to "wow" you all on another theatre stage soon!

-ing x

yup yup j'net. nov 12th was my nite at the rep! :) - a whirlwind trip, but one i wouldn't have missed for the world--simply incredible. i'm sorry that you didn't get to see tony this final show weekend--the disappointment was felt on his end too in a major way. what has been amazing to watch over the 10 week run of the show is that so many of you have been introduced to the wonderful "TV", and have been "wow'd" by his interpretation of st jimmy. this puts the BIGGEST smile on my face. may he continue to "wow" you all on another theatre stage soon!

-ing x

Yes, I'm just grateful that I got to see Tony perform the first two times I saw the show. But the show had changed so much and was so much stronger by the end that I think it would have been near perfect if Tony had been performing the St. Jimmy role. I loved the whole show from the start, but there's no question that it's just gotten better as they tweaked it during the run.

Oh well, I hope to see it again when it hits NYC, and I'm sure if Tony's free to perform, they wouldn't want anyone else doing the role!

I saw the show on the last night-totally awesome, every f****** minute of it-wish I'd seen it in the beginning so I could have compared the two. Amazing energy by everybody on stage, you had to watch really carefully, there was so much going on all the time! It would be fantastic if there was a video after Broadway!!!!

Woot to that!

WHEEEEEHEEEEEEE

hmmm.....i remember some young children and a rather drunk older lady having autographs with tony, so that couldn't have been you lol. were you in the court yard or main building when you met him? i was the one with blonde spikey hair (part shaved) dressed all in black w/ black glasses--the one looking totally dazed from a hard day's travelling by air and rail. i only got to berkeley 2 hrs before curtain up! and why no pic!?! i signed the wall too :) --"Tony for a TONY!" :) :) :)

-ing x

I totally did see you.. I was standing behind you waiting to write more on the wall after you finished. I was inside the main building when I met him, after those little kids and whatnot. I remember thinking.. she has cool hair! :) I didn't get a pic because I didn't think to but now I am kicking myself. Ha! maybe I will see it in NY [if I hit the lotto]. I was the one that was taking numerous pictures up close of my writing. I wrote "GDC 2009 - We love you!" [i also put (separately) CrimsonRegret was here - 11/12/09!]

:bunny:

Have you guys seen this video yet, it's pretty cool, I think a member from the forum is in it

It's hosted by Billie's nephew.

Have you guys seen this video yet, it's pretty cool, I think a member from the forum is in it

It's hosted by Billie's nephew.

gasp! how wonderful! thank you for sharing.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told I'm supposed to be featured in it some how.... that's what I'm told at least