American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

wow, i have no words to even describe how amazing tonight was. ive never seen or imagined anything like that. i went into it without reading any of the reviews on here or reading any of the plot line or anything like that, and i think that made me like it even more. i cryed hella. ooo when they did time of your life at the end, that was epic. i cryed then too.

im pretty sure this trip turned my best friend into a green day fan, when before she really didnt like them. she hates me for this :lol:

i told her to write a review and i'll post it here later- she loved it. she said it was the best theater thing shes ever seen and she like a theater person who's seen tones of shows.

i saw mike tre and billie but didnt really talk to them really. when i first got to the theater we were waiting outside and all of a sudden mike walked right by us down the street and i was like holy shit that guy looks like mike! lmao and everybody was like whoa was that mike? cuz it was so unexpected to see him just walking right past us like that. then he walked by like 3 more times. hes alot taller than i thought lol. then i saw tre and i was like, was up? and he was like i gotta go find my seets. then i saw billie and i was like holy fuck is this really happening? and i couldnt talk or anything but i said something, dont remember what, and he smiled and was like yeah or somthing like that. lol ahh it was amazing.

and John Gallagher is like the coolest dude everrr. super nice. so is Rebecca Naomi Jones. ahh everyone was so nice and chill.

thanks to J'net and everyone i met you guys are awsome.

stoked to go see it in new york!

anyway thats my big long post, i just got home so its a bit all over the place and crazy. lol sorry.

wow, i have no words to even describe how amazing tonight was. ive never seen or imagined anything like that. i went into it without reading any of the reviews on here or reading any of the plot line or anything like that, and i think that made me like it even more. i cryed hella. ooo when they did time of your life at the end, that was epic. i cryed then too.

im pretty sure this trip turned my best friend into a green day fan, when before she really didnt like them. she hates me for this :lol:

i told her to write a review and i'll post it here later- she loved it. she said it was the best theater thing shes ever seen and she like a theater person who's seen tones of shows.

i saw mike tre and billie but didnt really talk to them really. when i first got to the theater we were waiting outside and all of a sudden mike walked right by us down the street and i was like holy shit that guy looks like mike! lmao and everybody was like whoa was that mike? cuz it was so unexpected to see him just walking right past us like that. then he walked by like 3 more times. hes alot taller than i thought lol. then i saw tre and i was like, was up? and he was like i gotta go find my seets. then i saw billie and i was like holy fuck is this really happening? and i couldnt talk or anything but i said something, dont remember what, and he smiled and was like yeah or somthing like that. lol ahh it was amazing.

and John Gallagher is like the coolest dude everrr. super nice. so is Rebecca Naomi Jones. ahh everyone was so nice and chill.

thanks to J'net and everyone i met you guys are awsome.

stoked to go see it in new york!

anyway thats my big long post, i just got home so its a bit all over the place and crazy. lol sorry.

Hannah, it was so great to meet you and Page (Paige?) and your other friends. And I understand how you feel. I'm a bit all over the place right now, too!!!

Wow, some interesting changes to the show! I think they sound like great additions, especially that bit at the end. J'net, it must have been interesting to see this at both the preview night and closing night to compare things. Probably still more changes in the works before it hits NYC!

I saw Tony Vincent was not performing Saturday, but did he perform the final on Sunday? That would be a shame if he missed that.

That's great that the band was there....although I think I would have been surprised if they didn't show up for the closing night. They have been so supportive all along.

Now....to wait out the announcements about it heading East. :cool:

I chatted with Mike, Jason F., Billie, and Adie. Billie, Adie and Joey sat right in front of me for the show. Amazing, awesome night! Just wonderful. The show, the people, the emotion, everything!!! More details tomorrow. :wub:

I feel some grief because it's over. Now I know I'll just have to see it in New York. TOO incredible!!!

er, how did you sit behind him without running your hands thru his hair for 3 hours and licking the back of his seat? sorry..inappropriate...i know...

er, how did you sit behind him without running your hands thru his hair for 3 hours and licking the back of his seat? sorry..inappropriate...i know...

NOPe, totally appropriate. Especially with Joey and Adrienne there :cool:

HAHAHA...this made me LOL. Great visual.

J'net has admirable restraint, I guess! :lol:

wha what? Beej has nice hair? who knew. :banana:

Wow, some interesting changes to the show! I think they sound like great additions, especially that bit at the end. J'net, it must have been interesting to see this at both the preview night and closing night to compare things. Probably still more changes in the works before it hits NYC!

I saw Tony Vincent was not performing Saturday, but did he perform the final on Sunday? That would be a shame if he missed that.

That's great that the band was there....although I think I would have been surprised if they didn't show up for the closing night. They have been so supportive all along.

Now....to wait out the announcements about it heading East. :cool:

Dorie, it was really interesting to see the beginning and the end, and that's one reason why I went ahead and got tickets again (when they extended it to the 15th - I couldn't have made it two weeks earlier as I was just getting back from Rocktober).

Last night was a wonderful show. SO many people were crying. The cast was just like a stage full of puppies at the end - running around hugging each other, tackling each other - even had a big dog pile (while still holding their guitars)! Everyone was beaming through their tears. It was a beautiful experience.

Unfortunately, Tony was still sick, and that was the one major disappointment. Nothing else was disappointing in the least. :)

Actually it was easy for me, because I don't really feel that way about the guys. What was difficult was not leaning over every 5 minutes to say, "This is my favorite part!" "Oh, I love the lyrics to this song." "Did you see how he did that?" ... etc. It was so tempting to want to share the show with them in a really obnoxiously annoying way like that.

I SO enjoyed watching their reactions though. It was sweet and wonderful.

Dorie, it was really interesting to see the beginning and the end, and that's one reason why I went ahead and got tickets again (when they extended it to the 15th - I couldn't have made it two weeks earlier as I was just getting back from Rocktober).

Last night was a wonderful show. SO many people were crying. The cast was just like a stage full of puppies at the end - running around hugging each other, tackling each other - even had a big dog pile (while still holding their guitars)! Everyone was beaming through their tears. It was a beautiful experience.

Unfortunately, Tony was still sick, and that was the one major disappointment. Nothing else was disappointing in the least. :)

Actually it was easy for me, because I don't really feel that way about the guys. What was difficult was not leaning over every 5 minutes to say, "This is my favorite part!" "Oh, I love the lyrics to this song." "Did you see how he did that?" ... etc. It was so tempting to want to share the show with them in a really obnoxiously annoying way like that.

:) its so nice they are so down to earth....i love it! and I am not sad at all...I am happy to see the next plan!

love !xxoo

Green day is Going into the studio this week to record 21 guns with the cast of american idiot. It's gonna rule!-Billie

Whaaaa?? This is going to be AMAZING. :woot:

im just sayin...i would never ever lick a chair, a swipe at the hair tho? that i might not be able to resist (im just kidding...im a big loser chicken)...the proximity to them on such a special occasion would be give me a pretty good contact high. do you think it was billie's idea to end the show that way? im with u...i would been dying to tap them on the shoulder to ask for their insights and to share my insignificant thoughts on everything which would be annoying at best!

thanks for sharing

Are there any pictures of the guys? Or GDCers with the guys?

I didn't take any photos or ask for any. I felt like it was not a fan meet and greet, and I didn't want to act like it was. As for Mike, Billie, and Jason, I just shook their hands told them thank you for all the great music. Billie and Mike recognized me and continued the conversation. I didn't ask for signatures or anything. Just chatted like you would chat with a friend that you bumped into at the theater.

The guys looked so tired, and apparently Bill Schneider was too sick to attend.

I don't know if I said this up above or on facebook or what, but I also had lovely chats with Pat Magnarella (really nice guy!) and Ollie (Billie's mom). I'm going to write a recap with all the details - but not today. I can barely stay awake.

I didn't take any photos or ask for any. I felt like it was not a fan meet and greet, and I didn't want to act like it was. As for Mike, Billie, and Jason, I just shook their hands told them thank you for all the great music. Billie and Mike recognized me and continued the conversation. I didn't ask for signatures or anything. Just chatted like you would chat with a friend that you bumped into at the theater.

The guys looked so tired, and apparently Bill Schneider was too sick to attend.

I don't know if I said this up above or on facebook or what, but I also had lovely chats with Pat Magnarella (really nice guy!) and Ollie (Billie's mom). I'm going to write a recap with all the details - but not today. I can barely stay awake.

So sorry to hear that Bill S. was sick. So many people came down with the Gerg over in England! And yes, it's always nice to have a conversation with people. it's hard, but it really is the nice way to handle it.

Whaaaa?? This is going to be AMAZING. :woot:

I know! imagine 19 voices...choir ...duets....

I just went to heaven......***doves and butterflies and rainbows suddenly appear!***

I know! imagine 19 voices...choir ...duets....

I just went to heaven......***doves and butterflies and rainbows suddenly appear!***

I agree, Suzanne. I'm delighted to hear this! I wish they would do Whatsername!!! I love the way it sounds with the full cast.

I agree, Suzanne. I'm delighted to hear this! I wish they would do Whatsername!!! I love the way it sounds with the full cast.

Whatsername would be gorgeous..I feel tingling now...I can't wait for the scoops the next few days!

J'net, I can't wait to read your review! When I saw your update from Facebook, I squealed out of excitement for you! So lucky!

Anyway, I really wish I had been able to go to Berkley to see the show. :(

But, I'm hoping to save up enough money to make it to New York and see it on Broadway whenever that happens.

I'm so sad that its over (for the time being), but so happy I was there for the Alpha, Omega, and many times in between. I love this cast so much, and they better not replace a single one of them.

I'm so sad that its over (for the time being), but so happy I was there for the Alpha, Omega, and many times in between. I love this cast so much, and they better not replace a single one of them.

Those are my feelings, too, Justin. When I left the theater last night, I stopped before I walked through the door and said to Kat, "I don't want to walk out, because that means it's really over."

But wow - it was SO great while it lasted, and we have New York to look forward to!

Hannah, it was so great to meet you and Page (Paige?) and your other friends. And I understand how you feel. I'm a bit all over the place right now, too!!!

i was really nice meeting you too! i couldnt stop talking about the whole way home. and yea its Paige :happy:

i really wish i coulve seen it more than once so i could remember more details and things. but i will defiantly go see this on Broadway

Those are my feelings, too, Justin. When I left the theater last night, I stopped before I walked through the door and said to Kat, "I don't want to walk out, because that means it's really over."

But wow - it was SO great while it lasted, and we have New York to look forward to!

Yes yes yes! It's onwards and upwards!

I'm glad to know a bit about what they're recording, Christina wasn't really sure what they were going to record when she told be about it on Saturday.

Yes yes yes! It's onwards and upwards!

I'm glad to know a bit about what they're recording, Christina wasn't really sure what they were going to record when she told be about it on Saturday.

its going to be so beautiful :wub: