American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

yes, that's what I said. Was it unclear? Sometimes I'm not clear.

sorry....I meant to just agree with you .....:P

brain fart at the end of the day

Last night was F*cking UNBELIEVABLE! I will post a review/recap later and put the link here for you all to read! <3

If I could go again I would!

Last night was F*cking UNBELIEVABLE! I will post a review/recap later and put the link here for you all to read! <3

If I could go again I would!

OK, just make sure to post the review in spoilers, I don't want to know the changes until I see it tomorrow :) one more day!!

If I do post the whole thing here, I will. Most likely I will put up a link in this thread leading to MySpace or something where its actually posted. That way who wants to read it can, and who does not is not exposed to the spoilers.

If I do post the whole thing here, I will. Most likely I will put up a link in this thread leading to MySpace or something where its actually posted. That way who wants to read it can, and who does not is not exposed to the spoilers.

i´m excited :D

Adam Duritz (lead singer of the Counting Crows) went to see the show and sent some tweets about it. :wub:

I flew to Berkeley this morning & saw the play "American Idiot", based on the Green Day album, @Berkeley Rep tonight. Beyond brilliant.

about 7 hours ago from Twittelator

"American Idiot" will come to B'way next year & hit Times Square like a bomb going off. It's like the most melodic buzzsaw you ever heard.

Green Day's songs, Tom Kitt's arrangements, & an incredible cast made up of an amalgam of the best young talent B'way talent.

It stars John Gallagher ("Spring Awakening"), Mary Faber ("Saved"), Rebecca Naomi Jones ("Passing Strange"), & Matt Caplan ("South Pacific")

:D

Adam Duritz (lead singer of the Counting Crows) went to see the show and sent some tweets about it. :wub:

:D

It's amazing to me that he could leave out Tony Vincent in his tweet about the cast!

Well, I can't believe the two shows I saw last night. Simply brilliant! The only disappointment for me was that Tony Vincent's understudy played his part. He is certainly one of the highlights of this show, and I missed him. The understudy did a good job, but Tony is beyond great. The changes that have been made really enhance the audience's insight into the characters. And the ending ... well ...

Spoilers

Last of the American Girls is indeed included and mixed with She's a Rebel. These two songs are performed with a lot of joy and energy and really give Whatsername a more 3-dimensional feel to me.

There's much more development of everyone's relationships, which really add depth to the show.

Heather's defection from Will to "Rock and Roll girlfriend" and the way it all ends have become much more clear.

St. Jimmy's death has been altered so that he is closer to the floor of the stage (on one of the movable stairs) and is carried off at the end. This is the only thing I'm still not 100% happy with.

After the (multiple) curtain calls, the final curtain rises on the entire cast standing on stage in their curtain call positions. Every one of them has an acoustic guitar. As the audience applauds louder with delight, the cast waits until the right moment and then starts picking something beautiful. Something familiar. Something that causes many of the audience members to gasp with joy. One of the ensemble sings the first line of Good Riddance, and then different members take it in turn to sing different lines (or at times all singing together). The joy and love in the room is palpable. What a finish!!!

That's all I have time to write now - gotta get ready for Rudy's and another GDC meet up! More later...

I couldn't resist reading J'net's post above, and I am so excited to see all the changes tonight!! This will be my 4th time seeing the show, and every time it just gets better!

Thanks for those spoilers, J'net! It's awesome to see they are still expanding things and improving the show. I think it'll be absolutly brilliant by the time it hits Broadway. I'm so excited to see it when it does!

Well, I can't believe the two shows I saw last night. Simply brilliant! The only disappointment for me was that Tony Vincent's understudy played his part. He is certainly one of the highlights of this show, and I missed him. The understudy did a good job, but Tony is beyond great. The changes that have been made really enhance the audience's insight into the characters. And the ending ... well ...

Spoilers

Last of the American Girls is indeed included and mixed with She's a Rebel. These two songs are performed with a lot of joy and energy and really give Whatsername a more 3-dimensional feel to me.

There's much more development of everyone's relationships, which really add depth to the show.

Heather's defection from Will to "Rock and Roll girlfriend" and the way it all ends have become much more clear.

St. Jimmy's death has been altered so that he is closer to the floor of the stage (on one of the movable stairs) and is carried off at the end. This is the only thing I'm still not 100% happy with.

After the (multiple) curtain calls, the final curtain rises on the entire cast standing on stage in their curtain call positions. Every one of them has an acoustic guitar. As the audience applauds louder with delight, the cast waits until the right moment and then starts picking something beautiful. Something familiar. Something that causes many of the audience members to gasp with joy. One of the ensemble sings the first line of Good Riddance, and then different members take it in turn to sing different lines (or at times all singing together). The joy and love in the room is palpable. What a finish!!!

That's all I have time to write now - gotta get ready for Rudy's and another GDC meet up! More later...

RE last spoiler: WOW...that would give me goosebumps and probably make me cry like a baby.

RE last spoiler: WOW...that would give me goosebumps and probably make me cry like a baby.

Oh yeah, I left out that part :).

I can't believe today is closing and they still don't have a theater/dates for the NYC transfer. Hope everyone who goes tonight has a blast! Lucky bastards. :wink:

Oh yeah, I left out that part :).

that end part is so so so so so so so so so cool - i am so delighted by that. i wonder who came up with the idea to close the show that way - its so perfectly green day. ugh, im gonna need someone to hold me after that or a massive audience hug (if im ever lucky enough to see it)!

that end part is so so so so so so so so so cool - i am so delighted by that. i wonder who came up with the idea to close the show that way - its so perfectly green day. ugh, im gonna need someone to hold me after that or a massive audience hug (if im ever lucky enough to see it)!

can you imagine an audience hug???

Do you know that is true meaning and purpose of music...its the highest spirit

sorry I am crying right now even if I am not there...no realy

That last spoiler is so epic. I can only imagine how beautiful it would look and sound.

it would be like something I only feel after classical music in like cathedral or something

i would be a puddle of tears and screaming...if I get emotional I scream..primally ... sometimes...might have to run outside afterwards onto the sidewalk..its how much it would it hit my soul

^Yeah. It would be so special and powerful. I'd probably tear up. :lol: I'm really excited for when it comes to Broadway. I hope to see it a couple times. I still think the fact that AI has been transformed into a musical is the coolest thing. It's my favorite album ever, and I'm dying to see it.

The band did indeed show up to tonight's closing show. No deets yet, just a text from Kat saying she said hi to Mike.

The band did indeed show up to tonight's closing show. No deets yet, just a text from Kat saying she said hi to Mike.

Darn! I could of went to this show instead of the Thursday one. Why oh why did I not think this was a possibility! :cry:

To everyone that went.. and is probably still there, *shakes fist* I need details.

1sm036doh.gif

I chatted with Mike, Jason F., Billie, and Adie. Billie, Adie and Joey sat right in front of me for the show. Amazing, awesome night! Just wonderful. The show, the people, the emotion, everything!!! More details tomorrow. :wub:

I feel some grief because it's over. Now I know I'll just have to see it in New York. TOO incredible!!!