American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

My favourite radio station mentioned it going to Broadway!

Wow! and he (the DJ) played American Idiot just for me! ( I know it was because I had emailed him about 15mins before it happened:

...This is kind of how it went: (paraphrazing)

...That was Gorillaz...They have done some stage productions with Theatre. Many musicians are doing stage productions lately...which brings us to our next group, Green Day...They are doing their American Idiot Musical in California and it was just announced the play is now going to Broadway...this is the song "American Idiot"....

I almost fainted....and fell over....now the whole city knows now! The DJ and I have a report...I give Green Day info...he announces it on the air...he always reads my emails and says the stuff on the air..

its the largest Rock radio station in my city....so if Green Day comes here...word will get fast...:)

So there's a slight chance that I may have someone to go with when it comes to Broadway. :woot:

My roommate is a huge Broadway fan, and is pretty much in love with John Gallagher Jr, the one playing Johnny. She even told me that she doesn't care that it's a Green Day musical, she just wants to go in order to see him perform.

I'm really happy about this because no one else I know would ever even consider going to see this with me, and they'd probably laugh if I even asked them to come. Now that my roomie is excited about this, there's a chance of us going to see it! Yay for not being alone!

So I saw Spring Awakening on Sunday! The choreography and stage setup was American Idiot-esque, it was really cool.

I think I will get there earlier than I originally planned. Maybe 6ish to deal with the line and the waiting and whatnot - I want to partake in the before the show activities and the ones afterwards too! I wonder if they have any of those cool drinks in non-alcoholic form?

:woot:

So I saw Spring Awakening on Sunday! The choreography and stage setup was American Idiot-esque, it was really cool.

awesome:)!!!!!!! I am listening to the Music Right now!

fantastic :)xxooo!

First post :P I just learned that American Idiot is going broodway (

) thats freakin awesome! I had to signup to cheer about it hopefully I can get to see it soon!!!

) thats freakin awesome! I had to signup to cheer about it hopefully I can get to see it soon!!!

its very exciting indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!! we cheer with you!!!!!!!! xxoo!!

:(

John was not in the 10th of Nov Performance....his neck again...

if you have him on twitter...send him good wishes....I am sure he will be better for later

Welcome to our happy place :). The show is outstanding, and I know you'll love it when you get to see it!

So just to clarify, we are planning on a 3 PM Saturday meetup at Rudy's, correct? And a possible Sunday one as well?

So just to clarify, we are planning on a 3 PM Saturday meetup at Rudy's, correct? And a possible Sunday one as well?

Yes, I've pinned a thread in Green Day Chat just for the meet up. So please put which ones you plan to be at there, and I'll know how many to tell Rudy's to expect.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Justin!

Don't know if this was posted, it's audition info for the show in New York

http://castingcalls.p0ky.com/2009/nyc-cast...-broadway-show/

They're auditioning for St Jimmy, Will, Johnny, Whatsername and Tunny

That's interesting. I thought they'd try to keep the cast intact. Maybe it's for understudies/swing. Or maybe these folks have other obligations.

T -- you know how B'way works -- you think they'd do open Equity casting calls for main players?

That's interesting. I thought they'd try to keep the cast intact. Maybe it's for understudies/swing. Or maybe these folks have other obligations.

T -- you know how B'way works -- you think they'd do open Equity casting calls for main players?

They have to hold auditions for the lead (and every) parts in every new production. That doesn't mean that those people who aren't already in the show won't be cast. Also, they might be looking for understudies, but it's primarily because Equity says you have to have an open Equity call for shows.

Don't worry, everyone who is currently in the cast who wants to be on B'way will probably be going...

They have to hold auditions for the lead (and every) parts in every new production. That doesn't mean that those people who aren't already in the show won't be cast. Also, they might be looking for understudies, but it's primarily because Equity says you have to have an open Equity call for shows.

Don't worry, everyone who is currently in the cast who wants to be on B'way will probably be going...

its union/equity requirements....a formaility if anything....and understudies are important as we know ...some actors get ill or injured so its important to have other people who know the parts...John hurt his neck so someone had to do his part recently

:woot: :woot: I'm happy for you!

Have a great time, and come back to tell us all about it :).

Thank You both and I will for sure. A Radio DJ also wants a report LOL. :teehee:

its union/equity requirements....a formaility if anything....and understudies are important as we know ...some actors get ill or injured so its important to have other people who know the parts...John hurt his neck so someone had to do his part recently

Does anyone know who's John's understudy? I know Ben Thompson understudies Matt Caplan, but I don't know who takes over for John when he's unable to perform.

I'm curious - somebody help me!

Does anyone know who's John's understudy? I know Ben Thompson understudies Matt Caplan, but I don't know who takes over for John when he's unable to perform.

It's Chase Peacock, I believe. :)

btw...I sent a twitter message wishing for his quick recovery!

maybe he is ok now...

yes, that's what I said. Was it unclear? Sometimes I'm not clear.