American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Very true, and it's stuff I've heard other people say, but his review makes it seem that there are no redeeming qualities to the show at all. That was a bit bothersome.

I just re-read his review, and here is what I don't like. With the way he writes the article, he does not go in to any detailed specifics about what he feels is wrong with the show, just generalizations. In addition, instead of looking at the show as a seperate piece of work, he keeps comparing it to the album. Its as if he went there expecting a Green Day show, and instead saw a musical, and then felt disappointed that Billie, Mike, and Tre were not on stage.

Negative Blog Review (Not an official news review):

http://rantsravesandrethoughts.blogspot.co...ng-america.html

The review from the East Bay Express will be coming out soon too.

Yikes that was brutal, but I find it amusing that a different person at the same source had a much better review

Its interesting to note though that he is a music critic, while she is a theater critic. I'd rather the theater people like it than the rock people, since the theater people decide if this goes east.

Negative Blog Review (Not an official news review):

http://rantsravesandrethoughts.blogspot.co...ng-america.html

The review from the East Bay Express will be coming out soon too.

Its interesting to note though that he is a music critic, while she is a theater critic. I'd rather the theater people like it than the rock people, since the theater people decide if this goes east.

That is true I think it would be more beneficial that the theater people like the play more than anyone else since it is their opinions that will matter whether is does go East, but I have a good gut feeling it will though

Nice all these interviews from last night popping up, will have to watch this one when I get home tonight

I can't get this to load, can someone rip it?

It took a bit for it to load for me, try giving it a bit of time. This video didn't seem to want to rip with any of the tools I used.

It took a bit for it to load for me, try giving it a bit of time. This video didn't seem to want to rip with any of the tools I used.

Yeah Videos off the KTVU news site can sometimes take a while to load

I wouldnt mind a hair dye job or a mohawk from Billie

Next thing we know he'll open his own hair salon specializing in mohawks and dying hair. :lol:

Next thing we know he'll open his own hair salon specializing in mohawks and dying hair. :lol:

Hey its Billie Joe anythings possible with him, and I'd be a regular customer too :lol:

Hi all - I just registered here, but I've been lurking for the last couple of weeks since I got the link from BroadwayWorld when American Idiot first opened. I live in New York City but I'm going to be in San Francisco for the next five days (flying tomorrow!) and I'm seeing the show tomorrow night.

I am first and foremost a theatre fan - the business/PR side, rather than acting - but a newer-ish Green Day fan (maybe 5 years?). I had always liked their singles but never bought one of their CDs until American Idiot. I tried once to write a "book" (the script) to American Idiot (like a huge dork), so I was ecstatic when they announced this. I knew a few people involved with the New York reading last... I want to say December, so I knew it was coming, just didn't know when.

Words can't describe how excited I am for tomorrow night. I will review it for my personal blog, and post it here (if anyone is still interested in more opinions!). Anyways, hi and nice to meet everyone!

Hi and welcome! We'll be quite interested to hear your reactions :).

LOVE the KTVU video - Billie Joe looks completely bored by the interviewers inane questions but doing his best to be a good sport. and why so much restraint by Tre!?!?

Not a review, but an interesting pre-show article:

http://www.dailycal.org/article/106651/ant..._rep_s_american

Just now watched that ABC news segment, has some good shots from the play.

I'm so glad to see my favorite piece of staging from Holiday included in that video so people can get an idea of what it looked like (though the hugeness of it doesn't really come across)...