American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

any more Canadians going to see AI? Because I have a tiny little thing I would love to make for you:)

Ritchie and I are going and we are from Victoria BC!!!,Canuckland

PM me or anything and lets chat!

much love,,,,Suzanne:)

Guest Shangri-La
Like Zoe said, I have a bunch of programs, too. And East Bay Expresses with them on the cover. PM if you want.

I completely forgot we took all those East Bay Expresses until I was unpacking all my crap earlier and they exploded out of my backpack.

yeah.. if anyone wants one of these also i have like 20..

Same. I'm hoping for some NYC transfer news soon!

Nobody will know until after the 16th when the critics come and give their opinion. Unfortunately, the success of this play in terms of going to NYC is almost completely dependent on them, and on the people that know nothing about the album. If Michael Mayer can get Aunt Gertrude and and Uncle Fred to understand the story, then this will make it I think. But since the story is so subtle, this has been difficult. So far it sounds like only about half the audience are getting it. The couple I sat to last night were a great example, the wife totally understood what was happening, but the husband did not. Now, we of course all know the story, and you will all be pleasantly surprised with how it is expanded. Unfortunately, many people don't want to have to think about what they are seeing, they want it spelled out for them, plain and simple. No one has said they didn't like the music, or the dancing, or the set, thats all good.

Now, a number of people seem to be saying that the band was too loud, and that they cannot hear the words because of it. This is a bit of a dilema. If you make the band to quite, you lose a lot of the show's energy. If you make it too loud no one can hear the words, and they are the essential part to understanding the story.

I myself have faith Mr. Mayer can do it.

Guest Shangri-La
No one has said they didn't like the music, or the dancing, or the set, thats all good.

really? because i kind of wanted to shoot the choreographer at times. more specifically during 21 guns.

really? because i kind of wanted to shoot the choreographer at times. more specifically during 21 guns.

I am expressing the vibe I got from talking to people. I had some issues with some of the dancing, but the majority of it I liked. I didn't find anything wrong with 21 guns really.

Don't be upset about "21 Guns"; it gave us our new secret handshake. All of the spastic seizure movements were pretty irritating, though.

Guest Shangri-La
Why didn't you go tonight?

i'm in seattle!! my green day adventure has finally ended.. are you back in mormonville?

Don't be upset about "21 Guns"; it gave us our new secret handshake. All of the spastic seizure movements were pretty irritating, though.

they were very irritating!

i still think Favorite Son was the best thing i've ever seen.

i'm in seattle!! my green day adventure has finally ended..

Ahhhh well that would be a good reason.

Favorite Son was a definite highlight, but I would have to say St. Jimmy is my favorite. Whatshername, Letterbomb, Before The Lobotomy/Extrodinary Girl, and Homecoming would have to be some of my other favorite scenes too

i'm in seattle!! my green day adventure has finally ended.. are you back in mormonville?

I agree on "Favorite Son". Tunny rules.

I agree on "Favorite Son". Tunny rules.

???? He really doesn't sing in that song though. It's Joshua Henry thats singing for the most part, along with the female chorus.

I guess you mean his branch in the story, right?

???? He really doesn't sing in that song though. It's Joshua Henry thats singing for the most part, along with the female chorus.

I guess you mean his branch in the story, right?

I know. Tunny's just my favorite character. I like that scene, and the reaction and the obvious brainwashing. Commentary on somewhat current affairs.

I know. Tunny's just my favorite character. I like that scene, and the reaction and the obvious brainwashing. Commentary on somewhat current affairs.

Gotcha. It is one of the great scenes for that brainwashing bit, no doubt.

I really love St. Jimmy just because of how Tony Vincent takes complete control of the stage at that point, and the way the energy of that song hits you. And Favorite Son does achieve that same effect.

The point at which they reveal his coat is an especially powerful moment that I like.

IM ABOUT TO SHOOT MYSELF FOR REAL

Billie was at the musical tonight!! NO!!!!

Wow I am surprised he was at the musical tonight, I thought the only day that he or any of the guys would be there would have been the opening night on Friday

this is the best tribute ever given to green day so far.

i wish i could see it.

i could never be more proud being a green day fan for this.

there's a full version now?!!

i'm searching Google for anything to come up but it keeps bringing me back here. XD

did you find anything?

Holy hell. The full version of 21 Guns is blowing my mind.

Like..wow. This is the most amazing thing ever.

theres a full version?

can you post the link please? :)

i wanna hear it so bad .. :happy:

Wow I am surprised he was at the musical tonight, I thought the only day that he or any of the guys would be there would have been the opening night on Friday

I wouldnt be that surprised if they go several times. Especially Billie, it is his masterpiece after all. This is the two week trial and I am sure they are gonna be critiquing it to put any final tweeks on it.

Mike didn't seem to be in a very good mood, which was odd.

I meant to ask you why you thought that was odd? I think Thursday was the day of their friend's funeral

I wouldnt be that surprised if they go several times. Especially Billie, it is his masterpiece after all. This is the two week trial and I am sure they are gonna be critiquing it to put any final tweeks on it.

I meant to ask you why you thought that was odd? I think Thursday was the day of their friend's funeral

Thanks Beth I was going to say this the other day but then forgot, yes it was and not everyone can be in a good mood all the time, the guys are human after all, even they are allowed days when they feel crap and generally not sociable.

<3

Thanks Beth I was going to say this the other day but then forgot, yes it was and not everyone can be in a good mood all the time, the guys are human after all, even they are allowed days when they feel crap and generally not sociable.

<3

Yes, I read this the next day, I had not be keeping up on other Green Day news very well before my trip. Anyways, I have always liked his kindness in talking to fans, so I was in no way being critical, it was just different from what I had in mind as a normal encounter.