American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Haha, yeah, moms are still the best cooks :whistling:

You will have to drag me there. There´s a pizza restaurant right next to it and a crepe restaurant (I´m crepe addicted!) right around the corner!

But I might give it a try :thumbsup:

I´m happy for you that you got to go btw! I was surprised you didn´t get any ticket when they went on sale but it´s great that you got to go anyway!

Yeah well at least my mom is :lol: and I think I will drag you there next time your in town, I know the pizza and crepe places are tempting but I will find something that you like there. Thanks though i tried when tickets went on sale but it didnt work out so I am really happy I was able to score a ticket for this. It was totally worth it too.

The entire night was amazing! It ended up just being my 11 year old son Xander and I, and we had a great time!

It was great to meet/see everyone at Rudy's for dinner. Then, before the show, I had a Whatshername drink, and it was delicious. We met up with a friend inside near the bathroom, and a few minutes later, Tre and Adrienne were there, so we talked to them for a minute. They were so nice! Xander asked Tre to sign his Rolling Stone magazine, and Tre did, and he was really funny.

The show was fantastic! We were in the very center of the mezzanine, so we had a great view of the entire stage. After the show was over, while the audience was applauding, I saw several people taking photos, so I did as well.

After the show, we saw Mike, who was rushing out with his daughter, but who graciously took photos with 2 kids. Then we met up with friends again, and met and talked to most of the cast. Everyone in the cast was so nice, and they were all so happily surprised at the reception of the show. Many of them said that they didn't know what the reaction of the audience would be, especially of the Green Day fans, so they were pretty blown away. We stayed and waited for to see if Billie Joe would come out, but he must have snuck out at some point, so no one got to see him after the show.

We are going again in 2 weeks, this time with the whole family, and we can't wait!

Here are some pics:

Meet up at Rudy's

DSCN0246.jpg

Xander and Tre before the show

DSCN0251.jpg

Xander, Adrienne, and I before the show

DSCN0252.jpg

After the show, during the applause

DSCN0253.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

Xander with the director Michael Mayer after the show

DSCN0272.jpg

I think of reading everything so far regarding this, this made the most happy. I'm so glad you were able to get to theater and see it!

And wow, sounds like it was just a fabulous night!

Thank you so much, I am happy I got a chance to get to the theatre and see the show last night. It totally was a fabulous night too. You are in for such a treat when you come out here to see the show.

Thank you so much, I am happy I got a chance to get to the theatre and see the show last night. It totally was a fabulous night too. You are in for such a treat when you come out here to see the show.

Yes! I can't wait!!!!! wwwwoooooooottttttt......

I still haven't recovered.

:o LOVE!! I hope you had an amazing time.

I don't feel like a Green Day fan at all, because all these things happen out of my way and I am actually getting a little upset with things. Ga.

so... i'm assuming the band members wont be attending tonight's show, huh?

I kind of doubt it. But I'm gonna try to go anyway. The musical was good enough to see it again.

I kind of doubt it. But I'm gonna try to go anyway. The musical was good enough to see it again.

Yeah its definately worth seeing again, good luck with trying to go see it agian tonight

I knew they'd be there. It would have made for an unbelievably awesome birthday to be there to meet them, since that is the only thing I could ever want in this world. But I'm so glad you guys who went got to see/meet them.

I guess I'm just not worthy of meeting them. (*sigh*).

Maybe I should go the John Hinckley, Jr. route (i.e. shoot the president to get the attention/love of a celebrity, in this instance 3 celebrities).

We were interrogated last night by a guy with a video camera. He said it was for Berkeley Rep's web site.

I have a question guys but please don't make fun of me

I still don't know it was acted live on stage or it was a movie like highschool musical?

I have a question guys but please don't make fun of me

I still don't know it was acted live on stage or it was a movie like highschool musical?

Acted live on stage.

I guess I'm just not worthy of meeting them. (*sigh*).

Don't say that, Matt :(

I've felt like that many a time, I'll tell you now.

Acted live on stage.

really? I was looking forward to see its movie and buy its dvd :D

I wish it was a movie

I'm more jealous about the meet-up than the actual play, which sounds delightful by the way

It really wasn't a meet-up. They were just there and people were sort of mobbing them. :/

in Rudy's?

Ah. I thought you were talking about after the show, haha.

The meet-up was pretty fun. We all missed you, Juany-poo.

We were interrogated last night by a guy with a video camera. He said it was for Berkeley Rep's web site.

Oh yeah :lol: I was like umm yeah it was awesome, the acting and singing was great.

I am so bad when people put me on the spot like that and start interviewing me out of the blue

Oh yeah :lol: I was like umm yeah it was awesome, the acting and singing was great.

I am so bad when people put me on the spot like that and start interviewing me out of the blue

Haha, same here. It was a little awkward.