American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Heh. Nah. Different things. One is the theater itself and the other is the company. :)

Did you see Chess or Sunset Boulevard at the Signature, though? I liked them. :) It's a nice area you have over there in Shirlington (?).

Heh. Nah. Different things. One is the theater itself and the other is the company. :)

Did you see Chess or Sunset Boulevard at the Signature, though? I liked them. :) It's a nice area you have over there in Shirlington (?).

I wanted to see Chess -- heard they did a kick-ass job with it -- but couldn't convince the wifey to come with. At least I got her up to NYC to see AI last month. :)

I know! I'm still in shock. But it's a nice feeling :lol:

Pictures:

Johnny mid-sentence

le hug (didn't really come out too well because he moved before my friend got the pic, haha)

and general squee

Love the pics! Love the story! What an incredibly lovely experience - and the pic of the two of you together is adorable!

How weird is it that I recognize everything in the background of that photo and know exactly where you were standing - even though I live in Oklahoma? Well, I'm guessing Feb 27 might be my last time to see this show. I just don't know ... I hope it keeps running for a good long time - as long as it stays true to the high standards of the original production. But, I'm sensing that it's drawing to a close.

Separation anxiety? In Oklahoma? Yeah...

Nothing ever prepared me for how much I would fall in love with this show.

I'm SO happy for you that you got the experience of your dreams! It really couldn't have worked out better for you (well, maybe if it had been a balmy spring day :lol:).

As much as I want to see Davey. I think I'm going to pass. I've spent to much money plus John and Michael won't be there. So I can pretty much say Feb 17 will be my last time seeing the show. What a way to end it, seeing it on Billie's birthday.

Oh my God that's an amazing story! That makes me so happy! I'm so glad it went so well for you, and that you managed to grab a picture too! You'll have to share it with us :D

I'm also really really REALLY not looking forward to the fangirls, at all. I'll probably be yelling at them a lot. I'm going to get in trouble D:

Yeesh those girls were super annoying. When they like attacked Rebecca and they were still standing near us, my friend went "are you fucking kidding me?" super loud so they could hear. :P

If Billie came and they screamed at him like that, I was prepared to roll my eyes at them and say "please. Have some respect." directly to them

Aww... Yay! I'm glad that you got to talk to him. He's a sweetheart. :)

I get annoyed by people who call him an asshole because he doesn't really stagedoor. *le sigh*

Me too :wub:

I don't blame him for not stage-dooring.

He hadn't even been on stage yet when we met him and he already looked tired! He actually looked like he'd just woken up. :lol: I have so much respect for this entire cast for all the energy they give on stage.

Aww, that's so great! :D Made me happy reading it :happy:

Its cool that you both have the same expression in this one! :lol:

:happy:

Love the pics! Love the story! What an incredibly lovely experience - and the pic of the two of you together is adorable!

How weird is it that I recognize everything in the background of that photo and know exactly where you were standing - even though I live in Oklahoma? Well, I'm guessing Feb 27 might be my last time to see this show. I just don't know ... I hope it keeps running for a good long time - as long as it stays true to the high standards of the original production. But, I'm sensing that it's drawing to a close.

Separation anxiety? In Oklahoma? Yeah...

Nothing ever prepared me for how much I would fall in love with this show.

I'm SO happy for you that you got the experience of your dreams! It really couldn't have worked out better for you (well, maybe if it had been a balmy spring day :lol:).

The entire time I was worried he was there already or that something would go wrong or those stupid obnoxious girls would get to him first and chase him away. So I'm so glad everything went as I'd hoped (even better, actually!). The best part (besides the hug :P was that he remembered me from before even though then I had just been one face in a huge crowd of girls. It was amazing that he knew he'd seen me before)

AND YES OMG. We were outside for 2+ hours and I was literally shaking and shivering about a half an hour before he got there. I was afraid I was getting hypothermia but I was determined. :lol:

Amazing guys, amazing. :wub:

I posted in the St. Billie thread too. The whole thing is just full of energy, the cast is full of energy. Billie sound amazing tonight, really amazing. I met a GDCer today,s he's new here but she's really cool! We waited outside the St. James today for 2 hours for Billie to arrive. Our line of the day is "Damn you, Armstrong!" Soo much fun!

Tonight was a mad house! It sold out right before the show and Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker were in the crowd. I'm so glad I made this trip to NY to see this musical.

Then after the show I raced out after the Good Riddance encore and got to the 3rd/4th row and a nice lady in the 2nd row took my program and got Michael's, Wallace's and Billie's autograph for me. I told her I was forever grateful :lol: But I got cussed out by an Irish guy because he said I was squishing his son. His son was like 6 and was in a mob of at least of 100 people. He told me "if you squish my son I promise you, there will be fucking trouble." He didn't understand that I couldn't help it. ANYWAYS Esper came out first after about 15 minutes, then Wallace came out shortly after. Then we waited about 5 more minutes and Billie's SUV started backing up. Holy shit, more pushing than any concert I have been to. But he came out took pics with people and signed TONS of autographs including mine.

I got one candid shot of him in front of me but I can't post pics till tomorrow when I get back home to Ohio.

Tonight has been fucking amazing. :wub:

I'm still in Green Day heaven right now.

Amazing guys, amazing. :wub:

I posted in the St. Billie thread too. The whole thing is just full of energy, the cast is full of energy. Billie sound amazing tonight, really amazing. I met a

Tonight has been fucking amazing. :wub:

I'm still in Green Day heaven right now.

AW, Laura!! So happy you had such an amazing time! Right when I saw your fb post I hihgh-talied over here to see more details!! EEP! So happy for you!!! :banana:

what fun to read your & ScreamsInSilence815 adventures today. AWESOME! :dance:

Laura! Glad to hear you had such a fabulous time! After you said BJA was still sick when he went in this afternoon, I was afraid his performance might be a little less than usual. But it sounds like it was amazing as always. :)

What the hell was that guy thinking, having his 6 year old in that crowd? Jeez, there are some terrible parents out there.

Aspen Vincent tweeted:

name a person in the cast and they probably fell onto their butt tonight. poor rebecca's toe is all banged up from her fall...

AND

Another night of American Idiot on Ice! To quote Declan, the stage seemed to have been mopped with Vaseline. People down left and right...

Laura, was it really like "American Idiot on Ice"??? our poor favorite cast. :(

Yeesh those girls were super annoying. When they like attacked Rebecca and they were still standing near us, my friend went "are you fucking kidding me?" super loud so they could hear. :P

If Billie came and they screamed at him like that, I was prepared to roll my eyes at them and say "please. Have some respect." directly to them

:lol: I'll probably end up skipping all pleasantry's and just tell them to shut the fuck up.

Thanks for the clarification of what happened during LNOE! I also saw Aspen's tweet and wondered if it was just a more-beautiful-than-usual rendition or what. The bloopers are always funny to hear about.

Yes, I think most of the GDC people are holding out for BJA's birthday show and/or the final St. Billie performance. Sorry to hear he is not feeling well, hope he doesn't have to skip any shows. How much would that suck to make the trip in from out of town mostly to see him in the role only to have it played by an understudy?

No problem! Glad to be of service. It's bloopers like this that (among other things) make live theatre awesome. LOL.

Is it sad that I'm uh, totally going to those also? It's kinda ridiculous how many times I'm seeing/saw the show this month. Well, BJA's bday if I don't have to work. *fingers crossed* Yay for working 5 blocks from the theatre. lol.

SO happy for everyone else who's been having awesome times at the show!

EDIT: Oh and sorry to the person who thought I meant the Signature in DC. I meant the Signature in NYC, that's doing Angels in America right now.

Edited by vla313

Laura! Glad to hear you had such a fabulous time! After you said BJA was still sick when he went in this afternoon, I was afraid his performance might be a little less than usual. But it sounds like it was amazing as always. :)

What the hell was that guy thinking, having his 6 year old in that crowd? Jeez, there are some terrible parents out there.

I have no clue. The guy said the only reason they were up there was because the kid wanted Billie's autograph and that's it.

Aspen Vincent tweeted:

name a person in the cast and they probably fell onto their butt tonight. poor rebecca's toe is all banged up from her fall...

AND

Another night of American Idiot on Ice! To quote Declan, the stage seemed to have been mopped with Vaseline. People down left and right...

Laura, was it really like "American Idiot on Ice"??? our poor favorite cast. :(

Y'know, now that I think back, I remember seeing a lot of cast members falling. I read that Rebecca really banged up her toe during a fall.

I didn't really notice last night.

For those who like keeping track of the cast here are the upcoming changes (* means not officially confirmed):

Libby Winters- Extradordinary Girl (Christina Sajous) on February 27th

Krystina Alabado- Ensemble (Libby Winters)/ US Whatsername (C. Sajous) & EG (L. Winters) on February 27th

Van Hughes- Johnny (John Gallagher Jr.) on March 1st

Davey Havok- St. Jimmy (Billie Joe Armstrong) on March 1st

Justin Guarini- Will (Michael Esper) on March 1st

Jennifer Bowles- US Heather (L. Winters) on March 1st *

Jason Kappus- US Will & Tunny on March 1st *

PJ Griffth- Temporary Swing... Date unknown *

Joshua Henry- Favorite Son (Wallace Smith) on March 15th

Is it weird that I want all of the OBC to leave now that most of them are going? I think it needs to start anew with a different cast if the majority of the staples are gone - it'd just be a whole new experience.

And Davey Havok is playing St. Jimmy? I can actually see that working, because he's very homoerotic theatrical in his performances.

Is it weird that I want all of the OBC to leave now that most of them are going? I think it needs to start anew with a different cast if the majority of the staples are gone - it'd just be a whole new experience.

They kinda did that with HAIR with a majority of the revival cast heading to London's West End. It didn't work out so well.

Of the OBC, after March 13th (As of right now), these would be left:

Van Hughes, Stark Sands, Rebecca Jones, Libby Winters, Declan Bennett, Andrew Call, Gerard Canonico, Miguel Cervantes, Joshua Henry, Brian Charles Johnson, Lorin Latarro, Omar Lopez-Cepero, Leslie McDonel, Chase Peacock, Ben Thompson, Alysha Umphress, Aspen Vincent

That's still a good amount of people. All of whom are very talented With a small cast like this, I feel it more of an ensemble than anything else. *shrugs*

Some of the Grammy's are given out before the show actually starts. There's no acceptance speech or anything. There's so many categories. Just the major categories are given out during the actual show.

Cast album just won the Grammy for Best Musical Show Album. CONGRATS!! :banana::banana:

Isn't THAT AWESOME! YAY!! :banana: Congrats to Green Day, Tom Kitt & the AI cast! So well deserved! So happy & proud of everyone! :bunny:

LOL you can hear someone yell "WE WON A GRAMMY!!!" at the end of Good Riddance from tonight. Anyone know who it was? Apparently it was Miguel and Ben. I really should ask people who were there before posting...

Edited by vla313

It sounds more like Ben than Miguel.

That being said... what happened during the matinee? Billie got in a giggling fit. Heh... :lol:

It sounds more like Ben than Miguel.

That being said... what happened during the matinee? Billie got in a giggling fit. Heh... :lol:

I think Miguel also yelled it, but after the audio cut off.

I have no idea, but apparently at the night show Billie yelled "Happy Fucking Valentine's Day" at the end of KYE, the cast chanted "We won a Grammy!" before the show, and Billie uncorked a bottle of champagne during GR and was pouring it in people's mouths. lol. And "Esper and JGJ were both hot messes." lol Knew it was gonna be an epic show.

• Like 2

I have no idea, but apparently at the night show Billie yelled "Happy Fucking Valentine's Day" at the end of KYE, the cast chanted "We won a Grammy!" before the show, and Billie uncorked a bottle of champagne during GR and was pouring it in people's mouths. lol. And "Esper and JGJ were both hot messes." lol Knew it was gonna be an epic show.

Oh, man, now I REALLY wish I could be there for the February 27 show. =/

That sounds fucking amazing. :wub: