American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

This musical is going down the drain. John was the best one in the musical, and now he's going to leave along with Tony and Michael.

I've seen Van Hughes as Johnny a few times lately and he's actually really good. Not sure if John's leaving the show means it's going down the drain. This happens on Broadway all the time. If they aren't closing the show that means that they have enough faith in it to be able to lose the original actors and find new and good ones to replace them. And seriously, any show does have to eventually close... unless it's Phantom of the Opera, Lion King or Cats... and even Cats eventually closed!

• Like 3

I've seen Van Hughes as Johnny a few times lately and he's actually really good. Not sure if John's leaving the show means it's going down the drain. This happens on Broadway all the time. If they aren't closing the show that means that they have enough faith in it to be able to lose the original actors and find new and good ones to replace them. And seriously, any show does have to eventually close... unless it's Phantom of the Opera, Lion King or Cats... and even Cats eventually closed!

2 of the best actors in the show (in my opinion) will be leaving. Not good for the show. American Idiot's success it being streched a little too far, with the movie, the musical, and the 2nd album being released.

2 of the best actors in the show (in my opinion) will be leaving. Not good for the show. American Idiot's success it being streched a little too far, with the movie, the musical, and the 2nd album being released.

Ah, I see, you're actually concerned about the original album being stretched too far. Well, that's a different story. But replacing the actors is what happens on Broadway. I can't say that I don't agree with the second part. But, in the end, there's nothing we can do about it but just enjoy the ride!

Just wait until the third album (the movie version) is released, lol! Then it will really be stretched.

Edited by t ann

When did you say Wallace is leaving?

Wallace leaves March 13th.

So if my math is correct, that means Josh Henry's six weeks are up by April 24th, a week before May 1st, which is weird since if they're not extending ticket sales beyond May 1st, why have JHenry leave a week before that point and have someone else do Favorite Son for a week?

So either (a) Josh has something else planned and he can't make it past April 24th; (b) they're closing shop on April 24th; © they're extending ticket sale beyond May 1st; or (d) my math is faulty. :lol:

He had to catch his breath a little bit during St. Jimmy

Christ, *I* have to catch my breath a little during St. Jimmy!!

Christ, *I* have to catch my breath a little during St. Jimmy!!

Lol, you're not a B'way singer, though... It was more like not taking a breathe at the right moment before singing. It's a pretty quick pace. For sure! ;)

Does American Idiot Tour mean.. outside of the US.. like.. London's West End? (.. fingers crossed.. :woot: )

There might finally be a chance for me to see the musical, most likely with another cast, but I just have to see this!

Does that mean that actors for the other roles have been found, or do they usually only put up the leads?

They usually put the notice for the principals first and then the ensemble. However, I don't know why Heather or Extraordinary Girl weren't listed. If I remember the Broadway casting notice, it didn't have Heather or Extraordinary Girl on the principal call either.

Does anyone know the exact dates Davey Havok is in the play? It says he's in the play for 2 weeks starting March 1st. So does that mean March 1 - 13? I wanted to go his last night, but I'm not sure when exactly his last night actually is. I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

So why don't they mention Billie in the "cast also features" part? Is it because he's not an equity actor? But he can become one now, right? (no idea if he wants to or not though!)

So why don't they mention Billie in the "cast also features" part? Is it because he's not an equity actor? But he can become one now, right? (no idea if he wants to or not though!)

Heh... that's because it's BroadwayWorld. They copy & paste their boilerplates and they probably didn't have Billie's name in the last one.

Does anyone know the exact dates Davey Havok is in the play? It says he's in the play for 2 weeks starting March 1st. So does that mean March 1 - 13? I wanted to go his last night, but I'm not sure when exactly his last night actually is. I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

Idiot Nation responded to my query and said that the dates are March 1-March 13.

I love that they're going on tour! Makes the prospect of them coming over the UK eventually seem more likely :wub: