American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I feel the same way.

Like, when I heard the rumor that Justin guy will replace Michael Esper...my first reaction went from this :o to :mad:

I just...want somebody...like you said, Broadway-ish to replace them. idk, like...I want somebody as the same caliber to replace them.

I hope you understand what I'm talking about cause I think this makes no sense. :lol:

Haha no, it makes perfect sense. It'll be interesting to see him do the job, but I don't want the importance of St. Jimmy to be forgotten. At this rate, people are only gonna care about Jimmy because ______ celebrity's currently playing him, and not because of who he really is in the story.

• Like 2

Haha no, it makes perfect sense. It'll be interesting to see him do the job, but I don't want the importance of St. Jimmy to be forgotten. At this rate, people are only gonna care about Jimmy because ______ celebrity's currently playing him, and not because of who he really is in the story.

I agree with this...

At first its a cool idea on paper. I mean the idea that someone that other people know get to play a part in the musical is a good idea...

and as much as I love Davey, and its nothing against him, but they need to start getting some consistancy in the character. I think it would be better if people paid attention to the actual character than the person playing him. :unsure:

Haha as soon as I heard this I assumed it's because Billie LOVES him rather than a stunt casting. I'm still inclined to think that.

• Like 1

I totally disagree with all of the casting haters. I love having them mix it up a bit and I love seeing what different people can do with the roles. The idea that they should just stick to 'Broadway actors' is a bit lame. Keep things interesting.

• Like 1

I'm actually pretty proud of him with his Death of St. Jimmy...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/dosj.mp3

This & LNOE sounded GREAT! thank you for giving us a listen!

Guys, I leave tomorrow! :woot::runaround:

SO excited for you Laura!! YAY!!! :banana:

I'm looking forward to Chase!Johnny... whenever that'll happen.

Also, for those who are sad that all the original cast is leaving, there's a strong rumor that an original cast member is returning. Let's just say this person was a Favorite. :runaround::dance:

OOOoOOOooo, this makes me happy. :dance: muscles! hehe

Davey Havok to replace Billie as St. Jimmy?

Not too sure what to think, at least it would be a step up from Melissa whatserface.

I don't like Davey a whole lot but I think he will make a good fit as St. Jimmy.

Well. Not sure how I feel about Davey - gotta reserve judgement until the reviews (and videos, ha!) start coming in. My initial reaction is similar to whoever commented that the musical is kind of a slut, though. :lol:

He does look an awful lot like Tony Vincent, doesn't he? So, I can visually see him in the part with no prob.

I just read that...then I had to read it twice.

It really won't be the same without Johnny. :cry: Not that it won't be good and worth seeing, but just.not.the.same.

Is everyone leaving after the March 27th show? That will be one huge cryfest onstage and one big party afterward!

Congrats to Libby for the new role! I haven't seen her in it, just Aspen. Saw her as Heather, though - I'm sure she will be great.

I just read that...then I had to read it twice.

It really won't be the same without Johnny. :cry: Not that it won't be good and worth seeing, but just.not.the.same.

Is everyone leaving after the March 27th show? That will be one huge cryfest onstage and one big party afterward!

Congrats to Libby for the new role! I haven't seen her in it, just Aspen. Saw her as Heather, though - I'm sure she will be great.

feb 27th yeah

Christina is actually leaving the evening of the 26th, not the 27th.

There will be no more standby so Chase, Dec and Ben will all be first covers.

I was told that there'll be a time next month where Van will be going on for Will because Justin & Dec will be out and the 2nd cover wouldn't have learned the track yet. Chase!Johnny will happen. But that's just a passing word.

• Like 1

Christina is actually leaving the evening of the 26th, not the 27th.

There will be no more standby so Chase, Dec and Ben will all be first covers.

I was told that there'll be a time next month where Van will be going on for Will because Justin & Dec will be out and the 2nd cover wouldn't have learned the track yet. Chase!Johnny will happen. But that's just a passing word.

wonder why christina wants to be different

Probably just something to do with the needs of her new role. I doubt it's just because she wants to go out a day early.

rebecca will be the last original leading cast member

(stark was not original Matt Caplan Was)

plaid do you know who will be the new ensamble people in March?

Johnny :cry::cry::cry: and I agree Dorie, "Not that it won't be good and worth seeing, but just.not.the.same."

Now I wished I could be there on the 27th even MORE! I still don't have enough saved up though. :cry:

but yes, congrats to Libby & Van. :)

rebecca will be the last original leading cast member

(stark was not original Matt Caplan Was)

Stark is original Broadway which is all that matters. Matt Caplan was horrendous and thankfully was replaced.

Nawwww everyone is leaving :(

And all on the same day (well, Christina a day earlier, but that's still close).

As for Davey Havok... I have to admit I know no music of AFI, but the couple of times he sung a part of Who Wrote Holden Caulfield when they were supporting Green Day, I didn't like his voice a lot. Can't say anything about his acting abilities.

And a neutral observation of mine is that in the two pictures I've seen of him (the one on GDA and in the Playbill article) he looks like a girl.

I'm actually pretty proud of him with his Death of St. Jimmy...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/dosj.mp3

That sounded really good :happy:

I won't be able to go to Johnny's last show :cry:

But I am definitely following through on my rose plan. I'm thinking of doing it this weekend, since who knows how much money I'll have in a few weeks. Johnny is back tonight, right?

plaid do you know who will be the new ensamble people in March?

Krystina Alabado will most likely be in Libby's old track. I haven't heard about anyone else.

By the way, if anyone wants to see Christina before she leaves, she has the matinees of the 12th, 19th ad 26th off due to rehearsals. :) I'm hoping for some flying Aspen. :lol:

Stark is original Broadway which is all that matters. Matt Caplan was horrendous and thankfully was replaced.

Aw, I didn't think he was horrendous. Maybe not as good as Stark but I didn't hate his Tunny.

I'm really sad christina is leaving .. i met her last summer and she was so nice.

Very happy for libby though :D she was on as heather and her voice is gorgeous !

I don't know how to feel about all these people replacing st. jimmy ?

i mean yes, billie joe is amazing. but melissa and davey? idk.

and i'm so disappointed john is leaving as well !!! :o

I was soooo hoping to see him and michael again this summer :cry:

this is really sad.. but at least rebecca stays. and stark and chase. :thumbsup:

Aw, I didn't think he was horrendous. Maybe not as good as Stark but I didn't hate his Tunny.

I've seen Caplan is many shows before and I've always detested his voice. His acting ability (or lack thereof) also leaves much to be desired.