American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Is the American Idiot merchandise area at the Saint Jame's Theater only open during the show? Or are you able to purchase merchandise before the doors open for the show? I would like to purchase all my goodies ahead of time and bring them back to the hotel so I don't have to carry them around before and after the show.

Thanks!!

The merchandise stands are inside the theater, so unfortunately they are only open once the doors open for ticketholders. I don't think there is any way to get anything ahead of time. Some of the same stuff is sold at the Broadway store a few doors down from the St. James to the right, but I have no idea about the pricing and what they have available. I am pretty sure I saw the t-shirts in there, though. They're open regular daytime and evening hours there.

I guess I would get your stuff after the show...the stands stay open until the last purchaser leaves. At least you'll only have to carry it around after, then, not before. :)

So effin' excited about St. Peacock tomorrow! He might not be the best but damnit, I know that he'll be entertaining as hell. :runaround:

• Like 1

I'm flying to ny from california to see the show (for my second time :D) this upcoming weekend

And I was wondering if anyone knew if Billie Joe comes outside after the performance to sign things and take pictures.

(I want to get his sig tattooed on my neck haha)

So anyone know? Or has anyone gone and gotten to take a pic with him etc?

Edited by rockgreenday420

I'm flying to ny from california to see the show (for my second time :D) this upcoming weekend

And I was wondering if anyone knew if Billie Joe comes outside after the performance to sign things and take pictures.

(I want to get his sig tattooed on my neck haha)

So anyone know? Or has anyone gone and gotten to take a pic with him etc?

1) Yes, he usually comes to stage door after evening performances. He's a hit-and-miss for matinees.

2) People show up during the show to line up for stage door so you're best bet of catching him is actually when you're not seeing the show.

3) Refer to the St. Billie thread to read about others' encounters with him.

The 'losing their job, blah blah, blah, new people" rumor was confirmed a fake and a stupid troll (obviously.) The mod for that Tumblr is absolutely livid.

Holy shit, I have a ticket to the 27th. I'm so fucking excited. :runaround:

• Like 1

The 'losing their job, blah blah, blah, new people" rumor was confirmed a fake and a stupid troll (obviously.) The mod for that Tumblr is absolutely livid.

Holy shit, I have a ticket to the 27th. I'm so fucking excited. :runaround:

It seems like st. james will be filled completely with GDC'ers on the 27th :P

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

http://broadwayworld.com/article/RIALTO_CHATTER_Justin_Guarini_to_Become_an_AMERICAN_IDIOT_in_March_20110208

Former American Idol runner up and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown alum Justin Guarini revealed at the Drama League Gala last night that he will be joining the cast of American Idiot in March. Guarini did not reveal which role he would be assuming.

Guarini is a first season runner-up on FOX-TV's American Idol, has released two studio recordings - Justin Guarini, produced by RCA and Clive Davis and Stranger Things Have Happened, and is currently at work on a third. In addition to American Idol, his television credits include hosting duties on the TV Guide Channel, Run of the House, and AMC's Fun Fakers, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He has starred in the films From Justin to Kellyi with Kelly Clarkson and Fast Girl.

Each year, The Drama League's one-night-only gala concert boasts an incredible roster of Broadway's biggest and brightest stars, performing favorite songs from Broadway seasons past and present. This year, the show included performances highlighting Patti LuPone's unequalled stage career.

Co-directed by Roger T. Danforth and Tony Award winner Cady Huffman, the musical revue was the highlight of The Drama League's annual benefit gala at The Pierre New York. The festive evening began at 7 p.m. with a cocktail reception and silent auction/raffle in the Cotillion Room, followed by a seated dinner at 8 p.m.

"A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF BROADWAY" featured musical direction by Eugene Gwozdz and special written material by Stephen Cole.

All proceeds from "A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF BROADWAY" support The Drama League, which was founded in 1916 as an association of theatre professionals and patrons dedicated to encouraging the finest in professional theatre and has since then developed into the theatre's premiere service organization.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/article/RIALTO_CHATTER_Justin_Guarini_to_Become_an_AMERICAN_IDIOT_in_March_20110208#ixzz1DNdnK7a5

OMG. I don't know this kid but I am pretty sure he is not right for this show. If I recall, his voice wasn't even that good. :dry:

Edit: Perhaps I should reserve judgement until we know more. But I hope he is not cast as fucking St. Jimmy. Talk about loss of cred for the show, gah.

:lol:

I have to ask: which role are ypu picturing him in? Jimmy or Will? I'm 90% sure he'll be Will, if that helps anyone's nerves.

I saw him in 'Women on a Verge...' and I thought that he was one of the positives of the show.

He was actually wandering on stage during the meet & greet on Sunday. He was talking a little bit to Esper. Heh.

The musical is a bit of a slut isn't it?

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I have to ask: which role are ypu picturing him in? Jimmy or Will? I'm 90% sure he'll be Will, if that helps anyone's nerves.

I saw him in 'Women on a Verge...' and I thought that he was one of the positives of the show.

He was actually wandering on stage during the meet & greet on Sunday. He was talking a little bit to Esper. Heh.

Slightly more acceptable as Will. Slightly. I don't see the angst there, though. I just looked at some of his fabulous work on "From Justin to Kelly." LOL.

Omg, that guy? I think I remember him ...

Man this show ... I don't know. I don't want to say it but it's seemingly becoming more about the money than anything else. It's almost embarrassing how desperate it's getting.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think that is stunt casting. Justin is a legit Broadway performer as he did 'Women on a Verge...' this past season. He did a good job and had good reviews to show for it after people wrote him off because of American Idol. I'm certainly keeping an open mind about him.

:pinch: That's my first reaction, but I guess I will hold judgment, too... Will maybe but St. Jimmy, just say NO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

http://broadwayworld.com/article/RIALTO_CHATTER_Justin_Guarini_to_Become_an_AMERICAN_IDIOT_in_March_20110208

Former American Idol runner up and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown alum Justin Guarini revealed at the Drama League Gala last night that he will be joining the cast of American Idiot in March. Guarini did not reveal which role he would be assuming.

Guarini is a first season runner-up on FOX-TV's American Idol, has released two studio recordings - Justin Guarini, produced by RCA and Clive Davis and Stranger Things Have Happened, and is currently at work on a third. In addition to American Idol, his television credits include hosting duties on the TV Guide Channel, Run of the House, and AMC's Fun Fakers, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He has starred in the films From Justin to Kellyi with Kelly Clarkson and Fast Girl.

Each year, The Drama League's one-night-only gala concert boasts an incredible roster of Broadway's biggest and brightest stars, performing favorite songs from Broadway seasons past and present. This year, the show included performances highlighting Patti LuPone's unequalled stage career.

Co-directed by Roger T. Danforth and Tony Award winner Cady Huffman, the musical revue was the highlight of The Drama League's annual benefit gala at The Pierre New York. The festive evening began at 7 p.m. with a cocktail reception and silent auction/raffle in the Cotillion Room, followed by a seated dinner at 8 p.m.

"A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF BROADWAY" featured musical direction by Eugene Gwozdz and special written material by Stephen Cole.

All proceeds from "A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF BROADWAY" support The Drama League, which was founded in 1916 as an association of theatre professionals and patrons dedicated to encouraging the finest in professional theatre and has since then developed into the theatre's premiere service organization.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/article/RIALTO_CHATTER_Justin_Guarini_to_Become_an_AMERICAN_IDIOT_in_March_20110208#ixzz1DNdnK7a5

The day the music(al) died...

I don't know. I'd give him a chance before I'd put the musical in its grave. As Vi said, he did get good reviews in Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, he's a fairly good singer, he has experience, and we don't know what role he's playing yet.

Though this does really make me want Kelly Clarkston as St. Jimmy... flame me or not... she's got it going on. I was actually surprised at the music that she put out after American Idol.

but... I also don't want the show to become a one-way ticket to b'way for American Idol... sigh.

He may be experienced, but Tanya (You already know this fact about me) I can't stand seeing anyone other than Esper on for Will. I love the understudies and swings, but I cringe any time one of them is on as Will.

As far as I'm concerned, Billie and Michael was the icing on the cake for me before this. When they left, I was always going to be done.

• Like 1

He may be experienced, but Tanya (You already know this fact about me) I can't stand seeing anyone other than Esper on for Will. I love the understudies and swings, but I cringe any time one of them is on as Will.

Esperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............yummmmmmmmmmmmm....had i been at that Idiot Nation event, I woulda slung that boy over my shoulder and headed for the door...

• Like 1