American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

All this Melissa Etheridge stuff made me think that maybe after St. Billie's run ends, we'll have a permanent female St. Jimmy...I mean, we've already been surprised by the casting choices, so it's not like it's out of the question.

I went to the show last night and had left orch PV seats in Row A - different and great to see it from that perspective, but my neck ached a bit by the time it was over, lol. Don't know why I never noticed before, but Michael Esper has a huge saliva thing going on, lol! You do see a lot more stuff when you're close up, but I never really noticed that before. After Rock and Roll Girlfriend, his mic started making really loud, horrible noises. I didn't know it was his mic until he came out with a hand-held one - we were joking that he shorted out the headset. :lol: As always the cast was great - it was my first time seeing anyone else doing 'Johnny,' and I think Van was awesome! There were things I missed about JGJ's 'Johnny' but then other things that I thought were brilliant like the way Van accented some of the lines, his pronunciation and timing was just great as well. I would love to see him (or Chase for that matter) do 'St. Jimmy' - while watching them, you can see that they'd do the part justice. I dunno - just something in both their eyes.

Heh... Gallagher usually beats Esper in the saliva contest but without Gallagher, Esper wins. LOL. At least you didn't get hit in the head with a beer bottle. :lol:

How did Michael hold the baby with the headheld? Better question, how did he do the choreography in Whatsername with Jeanna with the headheld? :D

Thanks for all the Melissa Etheridge reviews, interesting to hear how she's doing in it.

I just saw this

http://www.broadway.com/shows/american-idiot/buzz/155142/weekend-poll-which-2011-grammy-nominee-should-join-the-cast-of-american-idiot/

and I thought it was quite interesting. To be honest I'm not a fan of any of those people, but it might be interesting to see how it turned out. What do you guys think?

Haha! I'd actually love to see Eminem in it. And I reckon Rihanna could kick some arse as a strong female character too.

I don't know, I guess I'd have to see the musical first to get an idea of who'd be good and who wouldn't :lol:

Lottery is for the first two rows of orchestra. Putting your name for lottery does not guarantee seats. Student rush seats will get you an actual seat but their location varies from back orchestra to partial view balcony. Both lottery and student rush tickets are $27. And any type of student ID would work. That being said, it's suppose to be one student rush ticket per ID but depending on the box office person, you could get two tickets per ID.

Just read this. Thanks a lot for the info! Can I get student rush tickets at the box office as well?

Just read this. Thanks a lot for the info! Can I get student rush tickets at the box office as well?

Yes. Student rush tickets are available when the box office opens, which I believe is at 10am during the week and noon during the weekend... or at least on Sunday. :lol:

And I reckon Rihanna could kick some arse as a strong female character too.

Perhaps she could, I don't know, but her voice is so goddamn annoying, I wouldn't want her in the musical ever :lol:

• Like 2

Heh... Gallagher usually beats Esper in the saliva contest but without Gallagher, Esper wins. LOL. At least you didn't get hit in the head with a beer bottle. :lol:

How did Michael hold the baby with the headheld? Better question, how did he do the choreography in Whatsername with Jeanna with the headheld? :D

I never noticed Michael maybe because I am always focusing on John and his saliva - THAT I have noticed before, lol. :ninja:

He had the mic while singing the rest of Homecoming - he hugged the boys with one arm if I remember correctly, while holding the mic in his right hand. I am pretty sure that he held the baby with his left hand like holding a football while holding the mic, too. I have to ask my hubby what he did with it after - right before the "shove-the-baby-in-the-bag" part, I was telling him to watch, so maybe he saw what he did with it. I don't remember seeing him with it during Whatsername, tho. The receiver on his back was flopping around all over the place at one point - poor guy!

Cheryl, thanks for sharing your thoughts on St. Melissa!

I lol'd about Michael and the slobbering....he and Johnny both are definitely spitters. I really noticed that myself the last time around when Olivia and I were in the first rows. Oddly enough, Stark is not much of a spitter. That must have been rough on Michael with the handheld through the last part of the show. I have seen him with a handheld during Jesus of Suburbia before, but not the end. Why is it always his mic that goes out, I wonder? :sherlock:

Rumors Johnny's leaving in March and Van's replacing him.

/life over

Can anyone confirm/deny?

No but seriously I have too many things to do in March and I HAVE to be at his last show so if this is true/false hopefully we'll know soon. :unsure: In the mean time I'm not worrying about it too much since no one knows for sure and it's just a rumor but still...

Rumors Johnny's leaving in March and Van's replacing him.

/life over

Can anyone confirm/deny?

No but seriously I have too many things to do in March and I HAVE to be at his last show so if this is true/false hopefully we'll know soon. :unsure: In the mean time I'm not worrying about it too much since no one knows for sure and it's just a rumor but still...

Better be a rumor. :cry: He's such a fun energetic guy. The part suits him well.

I really wanted all the leads to stay forever. But I understand their situation and reasoning.

I never noticed Michael maybe because I am always focusing on John and his saliva - THAT I have noticed before, lol. :ninja:

He had the mic while singing the rest of Homecoming - he hugged the boys with one arm if I remember correctly, while holding the mic in his right hand. I am pretty sure that he held the baby with his left hand like holding a football while holding the mic, too. I have to ask my hubby what he did with it after - right before the "shove-the-baby-in-the-bag" part, I was telling him to watch, so maybe he saw what he did with it. I don't remember seeing him with it during Whatsername, tho. The receiver on his back was flopping around all over the place at one point - poor guy!

awww I'd love to see all those 'technical' bloopers :pinch:

Michael Esper just tweeted that the February 27 evening show will be his final show. Let the crying commence. :cry:

That is going to be quite an emotional night, Billie's last show as well as Michael's.

Michael Esper just tweeted that the February 27 evening show will be his final show. Let the crying commence. :cry:

That is going to be quite an emotional night, Billie's last show as well as Michael's.

:cry:

It's sad to hear of cast members leaving.

Yes, the St. James on the 27th will be hotmess.com central. :lol: Michael is such a dear. He will surely be missed.

I have heard of two of the leaving cast members' replacements and both are really good choices. One especially... Heh. I mean, it's a perfect replacement, to be honest. :) I'm so excited for March, just to see this person... Get excited, folks! :runaround:

Ugh...this show already makes me cry.

I'm gonna be like a fucking fountain that night. :cry:

Yes, the St. James on the 27th will be hotmess.com central. :lol: Michael is such a dear. He will surely be missed.

I have heard of two of the leaving cast members replacement and both are really good choices. One especially... Heh. I mean, it's a perfect replacement, to be honest. :) I'm so excited for March, just to see this person... Get excited, folks! :lol:

Now I'm curious. The new St. Jimmy?

Heh. Sorry but I have to be as vague as possible since nothing is officially announced. But look out for more official announcements leading up to the 27th.

So, I went to the Meet and Greet tonight and took mmuucchhh better photos of the set than before. Ha! Flash is good for you!

Idiot Nation Meet and Greet Photos

Abbey was feeling a bit bummed today and jokingly asked me to lick Michael Esper for her... and I told him. He lol'ed big time. And then... I drunk dialed Abbey and had her talk with Michael. It was kinda hilarious. He is a sweetheart and will be dearly missed, but you gotta get off the couch at some point!

It's sad more and more cast members are leaving. Now Esper as well? :cry:

With the 27th being his last show, and also Billie's, it makes me even more just wanting to buy a ticket and all that and just go to NY for that show. Too bad it's not going to happen.