American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I would love to see Mike on stage with them. Did he play the guitar or was he just sorta there? I love the video of him and Billie back in 98 playing Redundant together with both of them on acoustic guitar

:o

I SURE would've LOVED to see that! here's hoping for video! :thumbsup:

THERE IS CAPSLOCK EXCITEMENT FROM JOHNNY GALLAGHER.

And on another note, there's talk of this new guy joining the cast. He was in the Legally Blonde tour?

Gallagher excitement is contagious! haha :lol:

New guy?! hmmm.... :)

How long do you guys think this show will run? I'd love to see it, but I can't get to NYC until next year.

I'm doubtful it'll run into next year.

at the moment it's only confirmed till May (I think that's right)

Aww it was so great seeing Mike onstage! :happy: He looks awesome and it was so cute when he tried to get close to Billie's mic :lol:

My friend is on the events committee at my college, and she just told me that there's gonna be a bus trip to see the musical this spring!

She said we'll have "shitty seats" but I don't care :happy:

I'm trying to convince my parents to take me to see the musical. I want to see it more than anything. I was on the musical's site and noticed a student offer which lets you get 27 dollar tickets the day of the show. I was wondering if this was a good deal? The tickets I'm guessing are most likely for the Balcony. Can you still see the show well from the balcony? What do you think are the best seats for the lowest price?

Student rush tickets depend on the performances. Usually during the week you can get rear orchestra. On busy weekends, I've noticed they only had balcony seats. Partial view after lottery can get better results, if they offer it and if you can haggle with the box office. Heh. Last week I got Orchestra Row B, seat 8 one show and Row B, seat 9 the next. However, those are $37 and are due to availability and how nice the person at the box office is. :lol:

I might be going with my friends soon! My friend told me that she and my other friend are definitely going, and I just need to ask my mom now so they can get the tickets. Hopefully my mom says yes. :runaround:

And if she does, I'll be really excited because I haven't seen the musical yet, or Billie in real life! FUCK YEAH :cool:

new here but long time GD fan. I was at the AI show last night and whoa! What fuckin awesome show.. and the end well we all went nuts up in the balcony!! What a nite! I am so going again here before his run ends!

To but honest, my favorite part of yesterday's performance, was actually not Mike with Billie in Good Riddance, it was actually Leslie McDonel-the understudy for whatshername-'s performance, it was -dare I say- better than Rebecca's performance.

What are the chances of them extending the Idiot Club lotto seat offer? I've kinda been holding out on buying tickets Billie's last weekend in case IC's offer get extended but now I'm at a catch-22 on whether or not good seats will be available. :(

To but honest, my favorite part of yesterday's performance, was actually not Mike with Billie in Good Riddance, it was actually Leslie McDonel-the understudy for whatshername-'s performance, it was -dare I say- better than Rebecca's performance.

I LIKED leslie as whatshername also

it was like a spice girl version of whatshername and that's a good thing

What are the chances of them extending the Idiot Club lotto seat offer? I've kinda been holding out on buying tickets Billie's last weekend in case IC's offer get extended but now I'm at a catch-22 on whether or not good seats will be available. :(

I would think that they would have done it by now if they were going to extend it, unfortunately. I can email one of the admins over there and ask.

Student rush tickets depend on the performances. Usually during the week you can get rear orchestra. On busy weekends, I've noticed they only had balcony seats.

Sorry for my ignorance but is there a difference between the lottery and "student rush tickets"? I only heard about the student tickets once but never knew what it was about or how it works. Does it mean you get cheaper tickets if you show them your student ID?

And do you think they would accept non-American student cards?

thanks for sharing that. im always drawn to watching leslie in the ensemble. awesome to hear she crushed it as whatsername.

thanks for sharing that. im always drawn to watching leslie in the ensemble. awesome to hear she crushed it as whatsername.

she did a great job last night, and i'm super happy that i got to see her in the show.

but i'm still a rebecca girl through and through. missed her in the show last night.

i don't know what was up with van hughes as will last night, but i've seen him as will before and he did a great job. last night was... how shall we say... really frigging rocky.

I emailed Netty, one of the admins at the Idiot Club. She's Netty here at the GDC. She is going to ask Idiot Club admins if they are extending it. I am going to assume that more than likely that they don't remember anything and haven't figured out the offer is about to expire. Or maybe they know and are just letting it expire, she doesn't know, but will ask.

BTW, BJA did a little bit of a Replacements song before Good Riddance last night. They have it up at the americanidiotonbroadway.com\download for 1/23, evening.

Heh. When Van got to 'Nobody Likes you,' I was cringing which isn't good since I was in the front row but damn, it was off. I must see him again.

Thanks for asking about IC. :)

Okay, since it was officially announced, I can post about it. Christina, our wonderful Extraordinary Girl, will be leaving for a new show called "Baby, It's You" which starts previews across the street from the St. James at the Broadhurst on March 26th. While she hasn't made public her departing date, I will say to enjoy her performance as much as you can. :)

Okay, since it was officially announced, I can post about it. Christina, our wonderful Extraordinary Girl, will be leaving for a new show called "Baby, It's You" which starts previews across the street from the St. James at the Broadhurst on March 26th. While she hasn't made public her departing date, I will say to enjoy her performance as much as you can. :)

Bummer bummer. Good luck to her. Where was it announced? I didn't see it! Thanks.

Never mind, just saw it, thanks!

i may just still be mad about the jets game last night and i know you guys will yell at me for saying this

maybe cause i was sitting in balcony

but i thought johnny was off in the day show yesterday

just sounded like he was rushing his lines and he did not want to be there

This might seem like a stupid question, but how loud is the musical? :ninja: It's just that I have mild tinnitus and wear earplugs to gigs, so I was just wondering what the sound levels are like? :happy: