American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Hi Laurel! Are you and your family going this Friday? It would be great to see y'all again. I was next to your mom at the San Jose show (I'm the one who's been to 10 shows this year - Billie borrowed my glasses and sang Mother Mary to me :woot: ).

I'm really excited about this show and hope to see you there!

Hi!! Yeah i totally remember you! I can't go to the show this Friday, but my mom, brother, and maybe dad will be there. And we are all going to the show on the 18th. My mom says hi! and she'll see you on Firday.

Guest Shangri-La
Here's something I think all of you will enjoy reading :D

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/general/flash/09-02-2009/

Green Day Inc

see two posts above yours.

I almost peed myself today in starbucks when i saw this. Has there ever been an article about them that didn't mention "speed, pot, masturbation, paranoia, teen angst, and suicide"?? It's getting kind of old.

Hey guys, this is gonna sound really wierd, but

I don't know what to wear..

I know it's a theatre and people usually go formal

for plays.. but its also a rock show. I pretty much

don't want to stick out and look like a moron.

Any suggestion? :blush:

Guest Shangri-La
Hey guys, this is gonna sound really wierd, but

I don't know what to wear..

I know it's a theatre and people usually go formal

for plays.. but its also a rock show. I pretty much

don't want to stick out and look like a moron.

Any suggestion? :blush:

I don't think that sounds weird at all! this has actually crossed my mind, BUUT i haven't been home in 2 weeks and i barely have anything with me.. so whatever. i'll be happy enough if i shower that day.

fuuck my friends. i cant go now because my ride just bailed on me, so i have no way of getting to Berkeley. this sucks.

Michael Mayer et al.. is for sure wanting to get this to Broadway at some point ...I read it in an article...

The previews are sold out and the whole thing is getting close to selling out and they are going to extend it a bit

soooooooo....I think there might be a chance

Love your nickname ,,,Tunny

Tunny is a character for sure in this production :) yay

That would be great. If it's selling out, they should extend the dates at least. It's not where its located thats the problem really, its just the dates don't work. Haha.

But they should take it to Broadway! That would be pretty epic. :D

And thanks about the name, I'm glad to hear he's a character!

I almost peed myself today in starbucks when i saw this. Has there ever been an article about them that didn't mention "speed, pot, masturbation, paranoia, teen angst, and suicide"?? It's getting kind of old.

I've also decided never to use the word "snotty" and "Green Day" ever again. Way old.

fuuck my friends. i cant go now because my ride just bailed on me, so i have no way of getting to Berkeley. this sucks.

Can you take the bus or something and stay with someone in the area that you may know. that would be sad if you couldn't go. there must be a way!

As to what to wear, Berkeley Rep is a bit casual, but casual nice. But give it a touch of the punk. It's an experimental theater, so don't go dressing to the nines. but look nice. does that confuse? haha.

Guest Shangri-La

public transportation?

Broadway! Broadway!

I need to see this! It's so awesome that it's the fastest-selling show in Berkeley Rep history! But, it's Green Day, so what else is new?

I loved the article, can't wait for the loverly reviews (both official and fan-written)!

speaking of articles....I am writing a paper on this....part of my education will include lectures and things.

if the contest fairies don't answer my plea...I will be not at the Press Night...LOL...

but below instead

I am staying in Walnut Creek and that is halfway between Walnut Creek and Emeryville ( another Rudy's run ??)

Green Day's 'American Idiot' comes to library

A Berkeley Repertory Theatre docent will give a talk Sept. 16 about the stage version of Green Day's "American Idiot," sure to be one of the hottest tickets of the year opens the 2009/2010 BRT season.

The hourlong talk, which will include audience questions and answers, starts at 7 p.m. in the Garden Room of the Orinda Library, 26 Orinda Way, Orinda.

The BRT's docents, theater fans themselves, are familiar with all aspects of their subject, from casting, to the playwright's resume to the themes and issues of the play.

For more information, call 925-254-2184 or visit the library Web site at ccclib.org.

I've also decided never to use the word "snotty" and "Green Day" ever again. Way old.

Can you take the bus or something and stay with someone in the area that you may know. that would be sad if you couldn't go. there must be a way!

As to what to wear, Berkeley Rep is a bit casual, but casual nice. But give it a touch of the punk. It's an experimental theater, so don't go dressing to the nines. but look nice. does that confuse? haha.

the thing is tho, i live 3 hours away. and the closest person i know lives in Concord, i don't know how far away that is.

yeah im really mad. this person always does this to me, idk why i even ask her anymore lol

Guest Shangri-La
the thing is tho, i live 3 hours away. and the closest person i know lives in Concord, i don't know how far away that is.

yeah im really mad. this person always does this to me, idk why i even ask her anymore lol

There's a BART stop in Concord! North Berkeley BART station is only a couple blocks from the theater. Do it!!!

There's a BART stop in Concord! North Berkeley BART station is only a couple blocks from the theater. Do it!!!

sounds good to me :D

hmmmmm now to see if i can get to Concord....

I don't expect to see any of them there, either. It's going to be a great show!

Good. Then I don't feel so bad about not going friday. Because I am going...eventually. Just not until about a month later. And whatever, I can't be sad on friday because its my birthday. Those that's supposed to be a happy day.

You know, why you're still young.

and besides they are there the week of the 13th ( 16th of September to be more exact)...

The Press Night Fairies might be doing their magic if you keep your eyes and ears open around that week

:whistling:

and besides they are there the week of the 13th ( 16th of September to be more exact)...

The Press Night Fairies might be doing their magic if you keep your eyes and ears open around that week

:whistling:

Is that Green Night? I saw something about Green Night.

Yay a sneak peak at the set, you can see a number of those music flyers and posters they collected:

9729_125125177822_556502822_2532538_5179

Thanks to Alec Berlin!

Woot, about 12 hours till I finally leave Utah...

Yay a sneak peak at the set, you can see a number of those music flyers and posters they collected:

9729_125125177822_556502822_2532538_5179

Thanks to Alec Berlin!

Woot, about 12 hours till I finally leave Utah...

Mikey's band poster is featured on the set - I can't see it here, but I'm sure we'll be able to when we're in the theater.

I'm leaving for the airport in about an hour or so. :woot: :woot: :woot: