American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

am i the only one who thinks the new guy Mikey has a very whiny voice?

uh, yes?

actually, i have to say, i've seen him three times now since he popped his cherry (as bj said over the weekend) in the show, and he grew on me in a good way each time. he looks about five, but he has strong characterization and movement skills and he's blended well with the cast. i enjoyed his solo parts (the few he has), too. and i actually don't mind his voice.

i unexpectantly saw the show last night, with a lot of swings in roles, which made me very happy. Corbin Reid was Whatsername, and though i missed rebecca terribly in the role (I can't help it, she is Whatsername to me), besides a few nervous mistakes (she totally went flat during the high note in letterbomb last night), she has a strong presence and a nice chemistry with johnny. i can totally see her taking the role over from rebecca when (and if) she leaves.

van hughes was great as tunny. I've liked him in every part that i've seen him play, which has been will and tunny. he's got a great voice, he always hits the right emotional peak (the scene when extraordinary girl washes him last night made me cry) and he genuinely plays the right balance with his roles.

andrew call i'm not too sure about as st. jimmy. he has the malevolence and physical prescense, but LNOE was not strong last night, so i'll withhold judgement. i really want to see chase do the part. i might have to actually go back and see him do it next month.

all in all, i'm really happy to have seen several swings this weekend (aspen, van, andrew, corbin) take on the parts, pretty thrilling if you ask me!

Tanya, weren't they down a swing last night, too? With Andrew on for Jimmy and Gerard & Declan out? All the swings and understudies are amazing for this show. Some more than the originals. *coughtheocough*

Tanya, weren't they down a swing last night, too? With Andrew on for Jimmy and Gerard & Declan out? All the swings and understudies are amazing for this show. Some more than the originals. *coughtheocough*

Hey, i took a picture of the board for you last, night. i'll plixi it. Omar did Gerard's part according to my picture. I may not have taken a picture of all of the board, there may have been two boards, but I took the shot right before curtain.

The Playbill was also new. It didn't have a picture of who plays St. Jimmy in it. And under cast it says the role of St. Jimmy is played by... St. Jimmy. Lol.

Hey people!!

Is anyone going to NY between Feb 23rd and Feb 28th? Me and Mela (Gingerdevil) are going during this time and we are looking for hotels. We're hoping to share a room with some people so if anyone is still looking for a hotel as well or knows of a cheap (but good) one, please let me know! :)

Thanks!

stay at my house pleasepleaseplease i've always wanted to host an exchange student :) (even though you wouldn't really be an exchange student, it'd still be fun!!!)

stay at my house pleasepleaseplease i've always wanted to host an exchange student :) (even though you wouldn't really be an exchange student, it'd still be fun!!!)

Are you serious??? :o

How far from NY do you live?

Are you serious??? :o

How far from NY do you live?

well it's about an hour train ride and the train costs $13 each way. but i'm so worth it, right?

well it's about an hour train ride and the train costs $13 each way. but i'm so worth it, right?

Well, I'm worth it too right? So you should come and visit me in NY for one day :)

Anyone have any tips or advice for when I go?

What kind of tips/advice? For attending the show? Trying to get Billie's autograph/picture? Meeting the cast? I think specific questions can get you the best advice for you.

What kind of tips/advice? For attending the show? Trying to get Billie's autograph/picture? Meeting the cast? I think specific questions can get you the best advice for you.

Anything that I would find useful. But mostly attending the show.

Anything that I would find useful. But mostly attending the show.

Cool.

Before the show:

1) Remember your ticket. If you're picking it up at the box office before the show, I suggest to go during lottery times so one and a half hour to two hours before the show. If you go after lottery, it'll be packed and if you go when the box office just opens, it'll also be packed. There's usually a lull during lottery since everyone else is outside doing lottery.

2) Check your seat location. If you're in the balcony, remember that there's a long winding staircase ahead of you. So if you have a hard time traveling stairs, you might want to get there closer to when the doors open not closer to when the show begins. If you're in the mezz, it's not a too far a trek. If you're in the middle of the row, don't arrive a minute or two before curtain because you don't want to bother too many people coming in.

3) There is a coat check where you can drop off your coat or large bag if you need to. If you're short (like me), you can borrow a cushion or pillow to sit on. The bar is open with drinks and food which you can take into the theater. The merchandise table is also open. The restrooms are downstairs for your use, too. There's no intermission so I suggest you visit beforehand.

4) Turn off or silent all cell phones or anything with a noise.

5) Flip through the Playbill beforehand if you want. I sometimes find it annoying/distracting when the person next to me is flipping through the Playbill during the show to see who's singing what.

During the show:

1) Just sit back and enjoy the show.

2) No video, photo taking allowed. Try to keep talking at a minimum.

3) Please stay throughout the entire show, even "Good Riddance."

After the show:

1) Most people exit through the side doors to the street. However, you can still go through the main doors to the lobby. So, if you want to go to the restroom or buy something from the merchandise table. The bar would be already closed.

2) The barricades will probably be up. People would already be outside waiting. So, you can either wait around there or leave.

3) A handful of the cast usually comes out to sign through the main stage door. The rest come out the glass doors. When they come out the glass doors, it means that they aren't up for doing autographs or pictures. However, if you ask nicely, they might do so, but please don't push the matter if they decline and leave.

Anything else you wish to know? :blush:

• Like 4

Cool.

Before the show:

1) Remember your ticket. If you're picking it up at the box office before the show, I suggest to go during lottery times so one and a half hour to two hours before the show. If you go after lottery, it'll be packed and if you go when the box office just opens, it'll also be packed. There's usually a lull during lottery since everyone else is outside doing lottery.

2) Check your seat location. If you're in the balcony, remember that there's a long winding staircase ahead of you. So if you have a hard time traveling stairs, you might want to get there closer to when the doors open not closer to when the show begins. If you're in the mezz, it's not a too far a trek. If you're in the middle of the row, don't arrive a minute or two before curtain because you don't want to bother too many people coming in.

3) There is a coat check where you can drop off your coat or large bag if you need to. If you're short (like me), you can borrow a cushion or pillow to sit on. The bar is open with drinks and food which you can take into the theater. The merchandise table is also open. The restrooms are downstairs for your use, too. There's no intermission so I suggest you visit beforehand.

4) Turn off or silent all cell phones or anything with a noise.

5) Flip through the Playbill beforehand if you want. I sometimes find it annoying/distracting when the person next to me is flipping through the Playbill during the show to see who's singing what.

During the show:

1) Just sit back and enjoy the show.

2) No video, photo taking allowed. Try to keep talking at a minimum.

3) Please stay throughout the entire show, even "Good Riddance."

After the show:

1) Most people exit through the side doors to the street. However, you can still go through the main doors to the lobby. So, if you want to go to the restroom or buy something from the merchandise table. The bar would be already closed.

2) The barricades will probably be up. People would already be outside waiting. So, you can either wait around there or leave.

3) A handful of the cast usually comes out to sign through the main stage door. The rest come out the glass doors. When they come out the glass doors, it means that they aren't up for doing autographs or pictures. However, if you ask nicely, they might do so, but please don't push the matter if they decline and leave.

Anything else you wish to know? :blush:

wow! thanks A TON!

Well, I'm worth it too right? So you should come and visit me in NY for one day :)

i already told you i'm going, but there'll be a lot of people there and i can't stay for long cause i gotta get home by a certain time

i already told you i'm going, but there'll be a lot of people there and i can't stay for long cause i gotta get home by a certain time

I'm actually thinking of staying a little longer as I have the entire March off. Problem is just that I can't afford a hotel for more than a week. So I could stay in a hotel until Feb 28 or so and then have to find a free or utterly cheap place to stay at.....sooooo...if you really mean that I could stay with you and wouldnt have to pay *cough*, then maybe I could actually hang out in Jersey for a few days. I dont know.

There's almost always a bunch of dealers at the shows, bringing huge boxes of photos and posters to get them sign. I would say that they are stupid for spelling his name wrong, but hell, they are making money, so I guess they aren't that stupid. Sadly. Urgh. Yea, I can't stand that crap.

There were 3 guys on sunday that brought a bag full of stuff for Billie to sign. My signatures are very important to me. I'm never selling them!

completely agree

although, "slap" wasn't the first verb that came to mind :whistle

I don't think this has been posted yet...

sorry if it has.

http://tinyurl.com/stmayer

:lol:

I can't see what's in the link =/