American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

So the show tonight was really wicked awesome. LOTS of energy! The best part was after [the song] "St. Jimmy" ended, BJA jumped offstage, walked up the house right aisle out into the bar area, where he grabbed a brand-new bottle of Jack Daniels, walked back onto stage, used Tanya and her seat for support getting back up onto stage, opened the bottled, took a sip or two & then continued on with the scene, and show.

WOW! That is great :woot: I love when they do something that wasn't planned in advance!

Like when Billie said "Ik been haben eine grose schniedelwudz" thursday instead of "We don't need no stinking badges", it was so funny XD Especially when I realized what it meant :lol:

• Like 1

Was anyone at the matinee? Hahahahaha... :lol:

I'm listening to the audio... At the beginning of "Good Riddance,"Billie says "I'm glad that you all enjoyed the matinee. Now follow the bouncing ball." He then sang and played the first part of the song and didn't sing the "It's not a question but a lesson learned in time" so that audience could sing that part and then he sang the rest of the it.

:wub:

Was anyone at the matinee? Hahahahaha... :lol:

I'm listening to the audio... At the beginning of "Good Riddance,"Billie says "I'm glad that you all enjoyed the matinee. Now follow the bouncing ball." He then sang and played the first part of the song and didn't sing the "It's not a question but a lesson learned in time" so that audience could sing that part and then he sang the rest of the it.

:wub:

I didn't hear any of that in the audio clip you linked to! :o Granted, it's 2:03 AM and I'm about ready to fall asleep on my keyboard ... So it's probably my fault. :lol:

I didn't hear any of that in the audio clip you linked to! :o Granted, it's 2:03 AM and I'm about ready to fall asleep on my keyboard ... So it's probably my fault. :lol:

You have to adjust the date/time for 01/08/2011, matinee. Right now it's the most recent show.

Yay for their 300th performance! :D Congrats to the cast and everyone else that's involved!

I wish I could've been there. Oh well.

Last night's "Good Riddance" sounded amusing. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/time_of_your_life-15.mp3

:thumbsup: And apparently after St. Jimmy, Billie went off-stage, walked into the lobby, got whiskey and took a chug?

My fucking hero. Congrats to the cast on their 300th performance. The cake looked wonderful.

Last night's "Good Riddance" sounded amusing. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/time_of_your_life-15.mp3

I love listening to all these versions of Good Riddance. Nearly made my cry. :cry::wub:

Like the evening show yesterday, where Billie says thank you to the cast, people working backstage, and Michael Mayer, congratulating them with their 300th performance.

And then he said Happy New Year :lol: So great.

So the show tonight was really wicked awesome. LOTS of energy! The best part was after [the song] "St. Jimmy" ended, BJA jumped offstage, walked up the house right aisle out into the bar area, where he grabbed a brand-new bottle of Jack Daniels, walked back onto stage, used Tanya and her seat for support getting back up onto stage, opened the bottled, took a sip or two & then continued on with the scene, and show.

Everyone in that theatre (and onstage) was, I think, stunned.

And during Good Riddance, he played back to back with Michael Esper and eventually pushed Esper to be playing on the floor and he refused to get up, LOL. Before GR, he thanked the cast, crew, producers, fans, etc for helping the show make it to the 300th performance. It was sweet!

That is so great! :lol:

and woo I'll listen to the audio later, can't right now. I'd really like to hear what's so special about it :dance:

edit: ooohh nice. :happy: sounded really good too, 'specially the one from yesterday's matinee.

All these Good Riddances are making me a bit emotional.

but wtf is up with Billie's hand in this pic. xD

That he did! I was sitting in the front row, on the right, with Allison. When he jumped off the stage, it was right in front of me, and then he walked off to the lobby and grabbed the bottle. When Billie Joe was coming back down the aisle he was heading my way and I was wondering how he was going to get back onstage. It's a little high. We sorta looked at each for a second and I could tell he was about to use my chair to heave himself up. But then I mentally flashed back to the Foxboro Hot Tubs show from Don Hill's, when he crowdsurfed and then got back onstage, and I was helping him get his knee over the stage, but he stumbled a bit and his kneecap hit the corner of the monitor, and I could tell it hurt. He actually laid on the floor for a good few minutes after that, singing. So, I thought to myself, I can make up for that, lol! So, he put the bottle on the stage, stepped on my chair armrest, heaved himself up, and I gave him a helping hand by grabbing his leg and pushing him upward. And then I couldn't stop laughing, so I missed him actually cracking the bottle open and taking a swig. And no, I did not grab his ass! :whistle

Nice that you were in the right place at the right time again and could be more helpful. :lol:

During school all I do is replay the entire musical again & again in my head. :lol:

yeah I know this situation :whistle

and suddenly someone "wakes" you up :sleep:

• Like 1

Everyone in that theatre (and onstage) was, I think, stunned.

And during Good Riddance, he played back to back with Michael Esper and eventually pushed Esper to be playing on the floor and he refused to get up, LOL. Before GR, he thanked the cast, crew, producers, fans, etc for helping the show make it to the 300th performance. It was sweet!

any video of the billie gets a drink adventure yet?

any video of the billie gets a drink adventure yet?

Haven't found anything yet.

I have a little question that I didn't know where else to post, and I'm pretty sure some of you can answer it :P I'm travelling overseas during my between semester break to New York to see American Idiot, and I want to know exactly how/when/where Billie Joe interacts with his fans. Does he do it before or after the show? or both? I only have one chance to see him and I want to ensure the best possibility of meeting him :D

Oh, and does he take pictures with people? because in most of the videos I've seen he's mostly just signing stuff

He walked off after he killed himself? I'm confused? Didn't that distract from the other performers - or he sang the death of St. Jimmy while he walked up the isle?

He walked off after he killed himself? I'm confused? Didn't that distract from the other performers - or he sang the death of St. Jimmy while he walked up the isle?

No, he got that JD after St. Jimmy (the song). ;)

ah. ok thanks.

I have a little question that I didn't know where else to post, and I'm pretty sure some of you can answer it :P I'm travelling overseas during my between semester break to New York to see American Idiot, and I want to know exactly how/when/where Billie Joe interacts with his fans. Does he do it before or after the show? or both? I only have one chance to see him and I want to ensure the best possibility of meeting him :D

Oh, and does he take pictures with people? because in most of the videos I've seen he's mostly just signing stuff

I didn't wait outside for autographs but I met some girls from England who did. They had plenty of video and one where you can see her saying something and Billie comes back and poses for her to take their picture and I'm betting that she said something like Billie, we came from England - I'm sure if you're up front and he hears you - I think he's the type that most of the time takes the time to sign autographs 'specially if you say how far you've come.

My dad used to bitch about sports celebs charging for autographs and I told him he'd probably pay for Gordie Howe's autograph and he said Gordie Howe would never charge - I think Billie's the same way - he's just thankful for his fans. What do ya'll think?

so my stupid parents are saying what Billie did with the drink last night is very Unprofessional and he's making out a joke out of the show

i disagree it's his show

he's a rock star

let him do what he wants

so my stupid parents are saying what Billie did with the drink last night is very Unprofessional and he's making out a joke out of the show

i disagree it's his show

he's a rock star

let him do what he wants

I replied to you in the St Billie thread. Not going to repeat it here!

Tonight was so good. While I miss seeing my Christina on for Extraordinary Girl, Aspen was fantastic. And the new swing, Mikey Winslow, was on for Andrew who was swung out to get his St. Jimmy notes down for next week. He was like another Gerard. LOL. Both smallish and both look like they're 12. :)

Stagedoor didn't seem so crazy, then again, I wasn't in the middle of it. I was off to the side with other peeps. My friends and I waiting after Billie and caught the rest of the cast leave. Poor Esper was followed by a couple of people, even though he had pull his hat down and wrapped his scarf around his face. John came out a few minutes later and chatted, took pictures and signed. He's a cutie with his glasses.

Anyways, I hope those that went, enjoyed the show, especially if it was your first time. :)

Tonight was so good. While I miss seeing my Christina on for Extraordinary Girl, Aspen was fantastic. And the new swing, Mikey Winslow, was on for Andrew who was swung out to get his St. Jimmy notes down for next week. He was like another Gerard. LOL. Both smallish and both look like they're 12. :)

Stagedoor didn't seem so crazy, then again, I wasn't in the middle of it. I was off to the side with other peeps. My friends and I waiting after Billie and caught the rest of the cast leave. Poor Esper was followed by a couple of people, even though he had pull his hat down and wrapped his scarf around his face. John came out a few minutes later and chatted, took pictures and signed. He's a cutie with his glasses.

Anyways, I hope those that went, enjoyed the show, especially if it was your first time. :)

Did Mikey look out of place like Sydney did or JUST like another Gerard? When I saw a picture of him, he seemed too.....sweet.