American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Horray for student discounts :banana: Too bad there only good for weekdays and Sundays though :unsure:

Mad Kudos... I love it!

[-Billie Joe Armstrong doesnt need to think, he gives YOU something to think about :banana::banana::banana: .

^ Good article. Wish that they got Tunny's name right and also... where does the "Johnny left to the city to get a recording contract" notion come from? This isn't the first time I've read it but I don't I've ever read it from an official statement.

Also, this past week with four St. Billie shows, Tony's last show, and the added Wednesday matinee... the musical had a gross of $1,183,038, which was $643,228 from last week. Capacity went up 31.2%. Lovely. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey I’m gonna be in NYC on wednesday’s evening so I was wondering how early should I get to the St James if I want to be right against the barricade when the cast and Billie will come out? And during Good Riddance, does anyone knows if Billie stood in front of seat 105 since the beginning of his performances? Sorry for all the questions btw XD

I am super excited that Esper will most likely still be with the cast when I get to see the musical. :happy:

^ Good article. Wish that they got Tunny's name right and also... where does the "Johnny left to the city to get a recording contract" notion come from? This isn't the first time I've read it but I don't I've ever read it from an official statement.

I've always thought it was implied that Johnny (and all of them, actually) was going to the City to pursue an undefined musical career. I think the emphasis on them taking their guitars with them cements that for me and the idea that Tunny stops playing and just sleeps all day and Will always reaches out to his guitar instead of his girl and Johnny continues to go to the clubs and write music gives me the idea that they wanted to play music. Maybe not necessarily a "recording contract," but at least some sort of career in music.

It's never really stated, though. I kinda got that from my own mental backstory of the show, lol.

Plaid, when does the media ever get anything about the show right? Apparently, Theo's real name is Michael Esper. :rolleyes:

LOL. True. Don't even get me started on BroadwayWorld's lack of checking facts. :pinch:

Also, to those who don't know what Moffie is talking about...

20hk553.jpg

Hey I’m gonna be in NYC on wednesday’s evening so I was wondering how early should I get to the St James if I want to be right against the barricade when the cast and Billie will come out? And during Good Riddance, does anyone knows if Billie stood in front of seat 105 since the beginning of his performances? Sorry for all the questions btw XD

Your sitting in seat 105? I'll be right next to you. I'm in 104! I plan on giving Billie a little gift afterwards.

Your sitting in seat 105? I'll be right next to you. I'm in 104! I plan on giving Billie a little gift afterwards.

105 or 106 Idk yet but I'm going on the 6, seeing your sig it's the day after you (:

Aw that's great, he's gonna appreciate it for sure :happy:

awww I thought you were going the 5th. Still gonna be great. May get a little Billie spit on me! :woot:

awww I thought you were going the 5th. Still gonna be great. May get a little Billie spit on me! :woot:

Ah but I'm gonna be among the crazy people waiting outside for him and the cast to come out and hopefully getting autographs :D

Oh yeah it's gonna be fabulous no matter what! And I'm pretty sure you'll not only receive sweat and spit from him, but from the whole cast also :lol:

The last show is still scheduled for May 1st, right?

I'm coming to the realisation that I will have to attend.

The last show is still scheduled for May 1st, right?

I'm coming to the realisation that I will have to attend.

Yes. It would be a good idea to see it before Billie's run ends February 28 though. Ticket sales have lagged enough when bj is not on stage with the cast to make us (and the theater press) wonder whether the show might wind up closing sometime between March 1 and May 1. If you plan to see the show between those dates and they decide to shutter the production early, all you'll get is a refund. I think you'll be OK in March, but whether there's enough staying power to push it all the way through April...... =/

Yes. It would be a good idea to see it before Billie's run ends February 28 though. Ticket sales have lagged enough when bj is not on stage with the cast to make us (and the theater press) wonder whether the show might wind up closing sometime between March 1 and May 1. If you plan to see the show between those dates and they decide to shutter the production early, all you'll get is a refund. I think you'll be OK in March, but whether there's enough staying power to push it all the way through April...... =/

Yeah, I sort of expected as much, but didn't want to say it out loud. Late April will be the first time I'll be able to make it back to nyc, (after all - I was just there 2 days ago!) If it makes it to May, that would suit me very well. Might buy the tickets and if I end up getting a refund, that's okay....ish.