American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Row A of Orchestra? Both the center and sides are great. I've sat in all three areas.

Row A of Mezz? Very good overall view. I don't have a problem with the wall/railing.

Row A of balcony? The wall is much higher than mezz and you kinda have to lean to see anything. I don't like the balcony anyways so I don't sit up there; only sat there for opening night. If you have to sit in the balcony, over further back like Row D or E is better.

Row A of Orchestra? Both the center and sides are great. I've sat in all three areas.

Row A of Mezz? Very good overall view. I don't have a problem with the wall/railing.

Row A of balcony? The wall is much higher than mezz and you kinda have to lean to see anything. I don't like the balcony anyways so I don't sit up there; only sat there for opening night. If you have to sit in the balcony, over further back like Row D or E is better.

Row A of Orchestra. Thank you! Is it really close to the stage?

If you're in center orchestra, you're three rows away from the stage. I rather like it. I've sat there the most whenever I can get discount tickets for it. :) If you're on the side, you're two rows from the side and if you the third seat on, you have the stage right in front of you since Row BB is only two seats on the side.

Thanks, that's really helpful. It's center orchestra we're in. Do you know anything about the lottery they hold? Like roughly how many people enter it and stuff like that.

Two hours before the show, they let people fill out a slip to win the chance to buy one or two tickets in the front two rows for $27 each. 30 minutes after that, they'll pull names. There are actually 25 seats in the first two rows but with Idiot Club and Idiot Nation, there could be potentially only 19 seats available. After they do that, for sold out shows, they might do standing room lottery which is 20 spots in the back of the orchestra where you standing the entire show. These are also $27 each.

I have been told lottery have been madness yesterday and the crowd is larger during the weekends than weekdays. There could be 30 people to 130. It depends. Heh.

Thanks, that's really helpful. It's center orchestra we're in. Do you know anything about the lottery they hold? Like roughly how many people enter it and stuff like that.

Considering it's the beginning of Billie's run, it'll probably be packed. But you enter your name and how many tickets you want (1 or 2) and they pull sometime before the show and if you get pulled, you pay in cash.

Plaid will probably tell you the exact details. I realized that I'm not being exactly helpful. Good luck! It helps to make friends in the line and/or have your other person enter as well.

EDIT: Yeah, she beat me. :lol:

Lol, y'know how you say it might be packed since it's the start of Billie's run? I'm going in the middle of February, do you think it'll maybe have died down by then?

Billie would be off from the 1st to the 9th so him returning mid-February might have the same reaction as it is now... *shrugs* Heh.

Billie would be off from the 1st to the 9th so him returning mid-February might have the same reaction as it is now... *shrugs* Heh.

Crap, I just realized that. I was looking into going on February 10th or somewhere around that time and lottoing. :unsure: I was going to get cheap mezz seats anyway if I do go but it's worth a shot to lotto, right? -shrug-

I know that student rush has been extended, but the American Idiot facebook said that there wouldn't be student rush for any of the Billie performances (except a matinee on 1/5). But the past couple days I keep hearing that people got student rush tickets.

So...can anyone explain this?

I know that student rush has been extended, but the American Idiot facebook said that there wouldn't be student rush for any of the Billie performances (except a matinee on 1/5). But the past couple days I keep hearing that people got student rush tickets.

So...can anyone explain this?

They might have not informed the box office of the change. Heh... oh well if they didn't. :eyebrow:

I had the great fortune of watching the show tonight (Sunday) from A11 with Tanya. Billie sounds REALLY fantastic this time around. I remember during his last stint, he didn't sound so hot during 'Last Night on Earth' and he was losing his voice a little bit during the beginning of 'Homecoming,' but this time he sounded really solid. Everyone else was great too :P

I got an up-close video of "Good Riddance." It's a bit shaky because I was trying to be inconspicuous about it, but there's really no way to do that from Row A, and I realized afterwards that if any of the ushers had wanted to take my camera away from me, there was no way they could've gotten to me, lol.

Enjoy: http://tinyurl.com/32epa8h

Thank you for posting the video! It's great, and you can tell Billie's having so much fun, already improvising stuff. His happiness is contagious :lol:

No, Tony's not the first

I'm not as knowleadgeable as Plaid (who is, LOL) but Mary (Heather), and the original favorite son have also left :cry: I'm not sure if there are others

I loved Mary. :(

I guess since I'm a creature of habit, I would never do well as a Broadway performer - leaving every few months to tackle a new project. I'd want to do the same thing forever.

I had the great fortune of watching the show tonight (Sunday) from A11 with Tanya. Billie sounds REALLY fantastic this time around. I remember during his last stint, he didn't sound so hot during 'Last Night on Earth' and he was losing his voice a little bit during the beginning of 'Homecoming,' but this time he sounded really solid. Everyone else was great too :P

Even though he's used to singing for 3 hours a gig, musicals are a whole different beast. I'm glad he's getting used to it. :)

I got an up-close video of "Good Riddance." It's a bit shaky because I was trying to be inconspicuous about it, but there's really no way to do that from Row A, and I realized afterwards that if any of the ushers had wanted to take my camera away from me, there was no way they could've gotten to me, lol.

Nice vid thanks for sharing :)

ahhh it's my new years resolutions to see the AI musical! lol it's happening and hopefully with St. Billie!

ahhh it's my new years resolutions to see the AI musical! lol it's happening and hopefully with St. Billie!

I hope you're able to go!

From what information I've gathered, St. Billie seems to be excelling so far. :) It will be unreal to be there in 47 days.

aw :cry: he really seems to be happy :wub: and the audience reactions :D

You know you can still download Good Riddance from every performance. The one from January 2 is up now, but all of them sound beautiful. Billie's voice has improved for sure. And you can hear him having fun, and laughing. Made my day for sure. :wub::happy:

You know you can still download Good Riddance from every performance. The one from January 2 is up now, but all of them sound beautiful. Billie's voice has improved for sure. And you can hear him having fun, and laughing. Made my day for sure. :wub::happy:

It is insane how good he sounds, doesn't he? :happy: I think the main reason for improvement is the resting he's had for the last few months, cause going two months without singing 3 hours everyday can do incredible things for a voice.

And also, probably he's making small changes to how he sings things so he can maintain and not strain the voice before the 50 performances are up. One thing I noted from a video is that when he goes 'We don't need no stinking badges!' I remember that during the week in October he would shout that line, but now, on the video I saw, he says it, loud, but doesn't shout it. /end randomness

It is insane how good he sounds, doesn't he? :happy: I think the main reason for improvement is the resting he's had for the last few months, cause going two months without singing 3 hours everyday can do incredible things for a voice.

And also, probably he's making small changes to how he sings things so he can maintain and not strain the voice before the 50 performances are up. One thing I noted from a video is that when he goes 'We don't need no stinking badges!' I remember that during the week in October he would shout that line, but now, on the video I saw, he says it, loud, but doesn't shout it. /end randomness

Now that Billie's a regular cast member for the next couple of months, he's practicing (along with the rest of the cast) under the tutelage of the production's vocal coach. It shows. :)

Thanks a TON for that. Wow, what a view...can't wait to join everyone for the matinee this Sunday! :woot::woot::woot:

(Mods - please forgive the cross-post!)

Hey all -- If you're coming in to NYC on January 9 for either the AIOB matinee, the NYTimes Talk with Billie Joe and Michael Mayer, or both, we have a meetup location nailed down for about 10:00 p.m., after the talk is over. Nice, cozy hotel lounge a stone's throw from the St. James. Details here: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=82737&view=findpost&p=4270496 ... Please join us!