American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

With this cast, they feed off the audience like a dementor. If the audience is all for it (within the "not annoying/distracting" boundaries), the cast will give back 110% percent. Also, y'all are seeing the show for the first time with Billie so I'm sure they'll bring their A game.

Row C is iffy. Do you know if you're on the left or right? Far left wouldn't let you see "City of the Damned," "Dearly Beloved," some of LOTAG and some other bits. Far right wouldn't let you see St. Jimmy's entrance as well as some other St. Jimmy things like during Letterbomb and BOBD. I'm not sure if you can see him during LNOE or not.

Dress how ever you feel comfortable. :)

Usually you would dress more casual for a matinee than an evening, but it's Idiot, no one really cares what you wear as long as it's not distracting. :blush:

I've got a few questions maybe you can answer.

Have you ever sat front row center before? Do you really get sprayed on by the cast? After Good Riddance if I were to make a sign saying it's my birthday would they be able to see it? I'm just wondering if I should even bother making a sign or just trying to get there attention. And do any of them give you like a guitar pick at the end or anything like that. I've never sat front row before so I'm kind of nervous and really excited at the same time.

I tried for lotto tonight and they actually lottoed the standing room only tickets instead of selling them because the show was sold out. They sold them for $27. I don't know if they are going to do that for Billie Joe's run, but I have a feeling they are so that folks don't stampede the box office.

I had a chance to get an orchestra ticket for $40, lol, and I didn't take it. I'm an idiot! Just remember, there does come a certain point if you get a deal somehow (if people are selling them outside) to take it. Though I'm pretty sure that the deal I passed up was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, lol. D'oh.

Thanks Tanya

and I'm sorry you missed out on the ticket. Maybe something will come along during Billie's run :)

Dress how ever you feel comfortable. :)

Usually you would dress more casual for a matinee than an evening, but it's Idiot, no one really cares what you wear as long as it's not distracting. :blush:

Ah, thanks. :happy:

I've got a few questions maybe you can answer.

Have you ever sat front row center before? Do you really get sprayed on by the cast? After Good Riddance if I were to make a sign saying it's my birthday would they be able to see it? I'm just wondering if I should even bother making a sign or just trying to get there attention. And do any of them give you like a guitar pick at the end or anything like that. I've never sat front row before so I'm kind of nervous and really excited at the same time.

Actually, January 23rd would be my first time to sit front row center (unless I win lottery before then...) However, I know that the cast takes notice of the front row and they'll see your sign, but I don't know exactly what you want them to do. Heh...

A majority of the cast give their picks away at the end. Usually it's to the person in front of them, but I've seen them throw them farther or even to the boxes sometimes. Gerard throws out the drumsticks as well.

ETA: I was told that Corbin is the one leaving, which is why they're going to have a new female swing. Also, Chase is officially in the Playbill as a St. Jimmy understudy. :happy:

A 'swing' is a part of the show. They're cast membera who don't go on every night like the leads (Johnny, Whatsername, etc,) or the ensemble (the non-leads). However, when an ensemble member is out of a performance, a swing fills in their spot (with a couple exceptions). Sometimes a swing understudies a lead like Aspen understudying Extraordinary Girl or Corbin as Whatsername.

All clear now? :)

Totally! Thank you :happy:

^ Didn't Corbin just get there? Oh well. So the new girl swing is going to be a Whatsername u/s?

Corbin started July 20th. She's apparently going into Sister Act. :)

Do they need another Whatsername u/s, though? They already have Leslie and Christina. If Mary was still around, I would have said that they would need a new Heather u/s. LOL. Poor Mary and her illnesses and injuries. However, I'm sure Jeanna will try to stay in for as long as she can (but from what I've heard about her voice lately...)

Do they need another Whatsername u/s, though? They already have Leslie and Christina. If Mary was still around, I would have said that they would need a new Heather u/s. LOL. Poor Mary and her illnesses and injuries. However, I'm sure Jeanna will try to stay in for as long as she can (but from what I've heard about her voice lately...)

Oh, cool. Wasn't there a rumor that Rebecca was going to be in Sister Act or was that mixing of rumors?

They need people who are able to not get injured! :lol: It's just I knew Corbin was a Whatsername u/s so I figured the new girl would learn her tracks if she is replacing Corbin.

Actually, January 23rd would be my first time to sit front row center (unless I win lottery before then...) However, I know that the cast takes notice of the front row and they'll see your sign, but I don't know exactly what you want them to do. Heh...

A majority of the cast give their picks away at the end. Usually it's to the person in front of them, but I've seen them throw them farther or even to the boxes sometimes. Gerard throws out the drumsticks as well.

ETA: I was told that Corbin is the one leaving, which is why they're going to have a new female swing. Also, Chase is officially in the Playbill as a St. Jimmy understudy. :happy:

Oh ok cool. Thanks. About the signs, knowing Billie he's known for giving things away. I mainly just want them to see my "it's my birthday" sign and my "awesome as fuck" sign and see what they do. You never know.

Has she been having problems with her voice? Or is it something else? :unsure:

Hey yeah if it weren't for the matinee I wouldn't be seeing St. Billie in row AA tomorrow. I'm too excited to believe it! I think the cast goes all out no matter what time the show is, no?

Exactly! I'm in row AA too - seat 5 or 6. So excited.

Yes - you are of course correct!

Hey KMH I'm in AA 105 so guess we'll meet tomorrow! I have seen the show before but never from the front row so I'm so looking forward to it. For some reason I've had this fear that I'll be so excited that I'll pass out. Silly huh.

• Like 1

Hey KMH I'm in AA 105 so guess we'll meet tomorrow! I have seen the show before but never from the front row so I'm so looking forward to it. For some reason I've had this fear that I'll be so excited that I'll pass out. Silly huh.

Cool - see you then - I guess I'll bring some smelling salts just in case! My name is Karen, btw.

• Like 1

Cool - see you then - I guess I'll bring some smelling salts just in case! My name is Karen, btw.

LOL Hoping you don't need to use them. I'm Yvette. See you in the best place to be on New Year's Day 2011! :bunny:

The cast is performing a medley of BOBD, Holiday, and Good Riddance, per Twitter. They recorded the performance already/ they're recording the performance now.

Johnny posted this picture on Twitter:

30vbw3r.jpg

Wallace posted a few more on FB. I don't see Billie and those three songs can be done without St. Jimmy, so I'm going to guess that he won't be with them but who knows.

Their performance will be aired around 11:30 or 11:37, according to Esper, who is apparently wanting Lil Wayne to be Will after he leaves. :lol:

Yeah, it's a few days before my birthday I was going to ask if I could bring a sign too :lol:

Ushers will probably take the sign away though :/

That sucks, a perfect opportunity to show off st billie and really get awesome promotion for the show and he seems like they've blown it

All this matinee talk has got me wondering... how do you pronounce that in English? :lol:

http://i54.tinypic.com/30vbw3r.jpg

Wallace posted a few more on FB. I don't see Billie and those three songs can be done without St. Jimmy, so I'm going to guess that he won't be with them but who knows.

Oh Theo. :lol: That makes sense. They never really brought Tony to public events for those songs so.. -shrug-

All this matinee talk has got me wondering... how do you pronounce that in English? :lol:

mat-in-ay (long a sound) :)

and I'm seeing 2 matinees the weekend of the final performance :ninja:

mat-in-ay. :)

oops, late. :cry:

mat-in-ay (long a sound) :)

Cool, thanks :)

then I got it right. Well actually it just means that it is in fact pronounced the logical way, which is also the way I say it :lol:

e: ^ you too :)

I believe I'm Seat 22 or something D:

I decided on wearing this nice coat with leggings & boots. :)