American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

The yoga class today was awesome! You'd be surprised how many songs are actually appropriate for practicing yoga. The instructor let me keep the CD she made for it too.

More: http://tinyurl.com/29t25db

And if anyone knows what female artist does that cover of Basketcase, please let me know! I can't find it on iTunes.

Some little casting things:

- Andrew Call will be on for St. Jimmy during Billie's first week off (January 11th to the 16th).

- Mikey Winslow, currently in "West Side Story," will be the new male swing.

- Word is that current ensemble member (and Johnny understudy) Chase Peacock will be the other St. Jimmy understudy. Heh. I love Chase. He's a special person but I cannot picture him as St. Jimmy. However, if this is true, he has a better chance of going for St. Jimmy than Johnny, at this point.

tony vincent just tweeted:

"re: tonite- possibly the most deliciously-dark St Jimmy performance to-date. it's going in the books."

anyone know what he's talking about?

Chase Peacock as a St. Jimmy u/s. :lol: I can't see it at all but I guess it's better fit than the other Ensemble/Swings since Kobak left for Spiderman. (Although, could you imagine Declan as a St. Jimmy u/s? If he ever went on, his LNOE would be HEAVENLY.)

An inside source has whispered in our ear that the producers of Green Day's Broadway production of "American Idiot" are in talks to bring the show to Chicago in 2011. Those producers, and Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong were recently in town to meet with potential partners in hopes of securing a venue for the production.

REALLY? Huh, awesome if it rings true.

Did anyone catch this little blind item that was on a Chicago-area blog last week? I posted the article link on my GreenDayMind twitter. Anyway, very interesting if true...

American Idiot Coming To Chicago?

I'm confused, would this mean a permanent move to Chicago or a small run with the current cast or something different with a new cast? :blink:

I'm confused, would this mean a permanent move to Chicago or a small run with the current cast or something different with a new cast? :blink:

If it is scheduled at the same time as the current Broadway run, then it would be a new cast. If it's after the Broadway run, it might be a combination of new and old. I doubt the full current cast would perform all together outside of New York.

I would think it would be a new cast. Just guessing, though.

They apparently approached Theo but he said that he couldn't handle the vocal range.

I would have loved to have had Gerard as St. Jimmy because he and Billie are of similar height and build.

But Chase!St. Jimmy would be interesting. His LNOE would be pretty great. Ooo... Decland would have been nice also. Originally his track was to sing LNOE, but they changed it.

I guess we'll have to see for February if Chase goes on. :)

They apparently approached Theo but he said that he couldn't handle the vocal range.

I would have loved to have had Gerard as St. Jimmy because he and Billie are of similar height and build.

But Chase!St. Jimmy would be interesting. His LNOE would be pretty great. Ooo... Decland would have been nice also. Originally his track was to sing LNOE, but they changed it.

I guess we'll have to see for February if Chase goes on. :)

Theo would've been an interesting choice. He CAN play creepy. Too bad he probably wouldn't have been able to hit those high notes.

It's just Chase is too....nice. Y'know? I'll eat my words if he ever goes on and hopefully rocks it but I'd rather cross my fingers of him going on for Johnny (will he still be a u/s Johnny?)

He should still be an Johnny understudy. The other two lea understudies, Dec and Ben, are understudies for Rock & Roll Boyfriend and Favorite Son, respectively. Chase doesn't understudy anything else, except for the timpani (sp?) at the end when Gerard goes on for R&RBF.

'Zokay, we need Theo to handle the "sieg heil..." solo in Holiday. That (juxtaposed against the callbacks from the ensemble) is just so, so perfect, and I won't say anything else that might spoil it for people who haven't seen the show yet. The rest of yaz already know what I'm talking about. :)

By the way - I was meaning to ask you for your take on what (if anything) is appropriate to do as a show of cast appreciation during or right after the encore if you have front-row-center orchestra IC seats for one of Billie Joe's performances. Sarah and I kinda see ourselves as fortunate to have these seats and as emissaries for the core Green Day fan base, so we were thinking about picking up a couple of bouquets of roses (I've heard they're easy to come by inexpensively on the street in the theater district?).....I'd thought we could tie an "AWESOME AS FUCK!!" tag to them, hold them up and start waving them during the standing-O at the end of Good Riddance. If we did that would there be a hope in hell of (positively) attracting anyone's attention on stage? Would this be genuinely appreciated or would we look like a bunch of star-struck suckups? And if it would be appreciated, any advice on how many roses we should get so there'd be enough for those on the cast who want to take one home to share between themselves?

Heh. I actually prefer Gerard (and even Miguel) in Theo's track for Holiday and TMTS. :blush:

As for the roses, because the cast is so spread out on the stage, it'll be difficult to give to everyone. You might be able to give them to Johnny, Michael, Stark, Rebecca and Billie since they would mostly likely be in front of you. But, for me, I feel it's an all or none type deal. :( Plain signs would probably work better. I noticed people holding signs at Mary's last for her and she was deeply touched.

Heh. I actually prefer Gerard (and even Miguel) in Theo's track for Holiday and TMTS. ;D

As for the roses, because the cast is so spread out on the stage, it'll be difficult to give to everyone. You might be able to give them to Johnny, Michael, Stark, Rebecca and Billi since they would mostly likely be in front of you. But, for me, I feel it's an all or none type deal. :( Plain signs would probably work better. I noticed people holding signs at Mary's last for her and she was deepy touched.

Thanks for the tips. Wifey and I will discuss holding up a pair of "awesome as fuck" signs. Yeah I know that's been done before but WTF, right? :)

Here's Playbill video from the caroling: LINK

They showed "She" and "Jingle Bells" as well as interviewing the guys in Stark's dressing room. :) Aww...

Love Stark and his "I hated the cold" attitude. Lulz. :shifty:

What a way to come back from vacation... Van and Leslie are on tonight for Johnny and Whatsername. Aww... :wub:

Also, Ben is on for Favorite Son, Corbin is on for Alysha, Omar is on for Ben, and Lorin is on for Leslie.

What a way to come back from vacation... Van and Leslie are on tonight for Johnny and Whatsername. Aww... :wub:

Also, Ben is on for Favorite Son, Corbin is on for Alysha, Omar is on for Ben, and Lorin is on for Leslie.

lol i think there may be a van/leslie sex tape soon

KIDDING KIDDING

AI voted 2nd best 2010 Broadway show according to Broadway Buzz...

Best of Broadway 2010

...and by a (bad pun intended) hair. 21% of the vote went to Promises, 20% for AI. Remember too that these votes are fan picks, not stuffed-shirt editors and critics making the selections.

That'll teach 'em!!

:runaround: