American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

My battery is about to die but because I ended up losing lotto at Bloody Bloody, my friend and I went and got student rush tickets at Idiot, even though I didn't think I would go.

Anyways, Jeanna was great for her debut. Mary will forever be my Heather but Jeanna, although nervous & a bit shaky at the beginning, will grow to be a fantastic Heather.

I posted a little snippet of her, Tony & Rebecca in LNOE on my tumblr: http://tumblr.com/x5g12dm2es

yeah, just by first listen it will take some getting use to to hear Jeanna's voice. I will miss hearing Mary's sweeter sounding voice. I do wish both of them the best and much success.

And thank you Plaid for all that you share. I really enjoy reading your posts, random or not. :)

It was so great meeting you both Sunday night. Tanya, I don't know if you heard Dan when we left, but he said, "next time, let's try and spend more time together." You're a hit with my hubby! (I think he loved that you got his humor right away!) And Plaid, we also loved meeting you, but as you said it was short. Still happy to put a face to your great posts.

And everything you described about the performance is how I remember it. Everyone's love towards Mary at the end was so amazing. Even if you didn't know it was her last night (as the people around us questioned), it was very clear that she was very special to everyone on stage with her.

Really glad we got to see Tony again. Kept trying to imagine Billie in the role though!

sounds like it was a very special show to catch. I'm very glad you & Plaid were able to see Mary off and share with us how it went. :)

They changed the choices: She and Walking Contradiction

http://twtpoll.com/nrabu1

i can't help but be rooting for Walking Contradiction...... :dance:

and I really hope someone will per chance be able to be there to take a vid of which ever song they do. Either would be amazing to see their take on the song. :blush:

Maybe (one of) the reasons they changed the options in the poll:

Esper takes the lead on Coming Clean-reaching way back in the Green Day canon. Guys are troopers for braving the cold!

8 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

I can't wait for some video proof of that! :dance:

They changed the choices: She and Walking Contradiction

http://twtpoll.com/nrabu1

Walking Contradiction. :woot:

But it would be great to hear them sing She. I don't know what to vote for anymore..

Edit: hmmm ok, looks like She is winning. I voted for the other one though.

Okay, the Christmas song book that they were using is my aunt's... For an organ! Johnny was saying that they were trying to figure out the chords but I showed them where they were. So, my friend and I were treated with a little "Silent Night" from Johnny and Esper. Heh.

The setup that they had for Hard Rock cafe was so dumb. No one could see them. Oh well. They should just do the entire show acoustically. Honestly, sounded so good. :)

For anyone that can't see the videos, they played:

Bryant Park: BOBD, WMUWSE, Coming Clean

Carlton: When It's Time, AWTW, Basketcase

Hard Rock: Novacaine, When I Come Around, Minority

St. James: Jingle Bells, She

:)

Okay, the Christmas song book that they were using is my aunt's... For an organ! Johnny was saying that they were trying to figure out the chords but I showed them where they were. So, my friend and I were treated with a little "Silent Night" from Johnny and Esper. Heh.

The setup that they had for Hard Rock cafe was so dumb. No one could see them. Oh well. They should just do the entire show acoustically. Honestly, sounded so good. :)

For anyone that can't see the videos, they played:

The videos are taking ages to load, but it looks so cool. Too bad I was 3000 light years away. You are so lucky. Thanks for posting the info!

I love the way they also did songs that aren't in the show. Even more excited for January now!

Okay, that Jingle Bells video was too adorable. And I loved how loud the HEY!'s from the crowd sounded. :lol:

Here are some photos from the Carlton Hotel that came through the wire:

2ngxutj.jpg

25gt6de.jpg

2eyc8is.jpg

Other photos from Bryant Park can be found at Playbill.

ETA: I don't think "Are We The Waiting" are posted on the Idiot website so here's my video of it.

Let me know if you want others. :)

It was so great meeting you both Sunday night. Tanya, I don't know if you heard Dan when we left, but he said, "next time, let's try and spend more time together." You're a hit with my hubby! (I think he loved that you got his humor right away!) And Plaid, we also loved meeting you, but as you said it was short. Still happy to put a face to your great posts.

Hey! I just saw this reply since notifications aren't frigging working!

I didn't hear that, I think, but yes, let's do next time! I am also going to try and see Tony on his last night. I will miss him in the role, for sure.

Here are some photos from the Carlton Hotel that came through the wire:

Thanks for posting! They are really nice :happy: Great video as well!

Okay, crappy video quality that my friend took but it was so quickly out-of-the-blue that the fact we got something was amazing.

Johnny & Esper singing "Silent Night."

Is anyone going to the Yoga class tomorrow afternoon? "American Idiot" as an album does scream calm and centering to me, but I do yoga daily anyway, so I'm stoked!

Here's BOBD:

I love Stark's vocals on backup. Esper was killing it on the guitar even when his strap came off. Loved the end with the three of them. :D

Here's BOBD:

I love Stark's vocals on backup. Esper was killing it on the guitar even when his strap came off. Loved the end with the three of them. :D

That was so great! adorable & fun! love it! thanks! :wub:

Is anyone going to the Yoga class tomorrow afternoon? "American Idiot" as an album does scream calm and centering to me, but I do yoga daily anyway, so I'm stoked!

Yoga? American Idiot? Say what?!

Where in the world d'you guys find out these kinda things?! :o

It was an email sent from American Idiot on Broadway that had a bunch of different things it was for Times Squares 3rd annual Good Riddance Day. Like they had the yoga class to the album, buy a pair of rock and republic jeans u get 2 tickets to the play, they had a american pizza pie at Two Boots pizza. Fun stuff like that until the end of december.

Here are my pictures of the performances and videos... only 4, because the sound qaulity of the other ones are not that good...

Klick photos

She

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Jingle Bells

Coming Clean

I think you should upload them anyway, it's better than no videos at all :) What other songs did they play?

And thanks for the videos, Mela :happy:

Song list:

I think those videos are great!!! :happy:

I daresay I like Esper singing She better than Billie

"what's the next verse?"

"i dunno"

"let's just sing the chorus again"

"aaannndd EVERYBODY" :lol:

Here's Wake Me Up When September Ends:

The strap on Johnny's guitar just kept on sliding down. Heh...

Coming Clean... the banter beforehand is quite funny.