American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Per her Twitter, Libby will be on for Extraordinary Girl for both shows on Sunday. :( No full cast for Mary's last.

Johnny has that effect in many of his interviews. You just can't help but grin. He's so eager... and awkward. :blush:

He's gotten better with interviewing over the years. More confident and not as much rambling... Still adorable, though. :happy:

Kinda like Billie. :D

Kinda like Billie. :D

wouldn't call eating hamburgers and picking your nose in interviews very awkward :lol:

*sniffles*

So sweet. I talked to Mary after the matinee and she said that she was so emotional. I saw Kobak briefly after the matinee, too, but he wasn't on for the evening and kinda disappeared afterwards.

Mary and Esper were so cute on the couch during "Holiday." More so than usual. One of Johnny's guiatr strings broke during BOBD and it was just him and the drums for the first verse and chorus; it sounded really good. Esper, Miguel & Declan were even more ridiculous on the couch than usual in "Favorite Son." Esper left the stage a couple of times when he wasn't featured (don't know why) and his voice cracked a little at the beginning of Novacaine & he just grinned it off, which isn't really in tune with the song but whatever.

Libby was on for Christina and while I thought she was good in "21 Guns," I thought that she was straining in "Extraordinary Girl."

At the end of "Homecoming," when Johnny and Tunny greeted Heather, both the guys gave Mary a kiss on the cheek which I don't remember them doing before. She teared up at a couple of moments within the show but she was really crying towards the end of "Whatsername."

During curatin call, Theo hugged her the entire time and then for "Good Riddance," the entire cast surrounded Mary, sustaining the final chord. Johnny went around the stage, shouting at the audience "Get the fuck up! It's Mary fucking Faber!" She took her final bow at the end and Esper hugged her, kissing her on the forehead as they left the stage.

Sorry for the random thoughts. The after-party was at the new bowling alley down the street from the St. James. :) Johnny and Becca left for the gala right after the show, though.

• Like 1

Any Billie Sighting Plaid?

Not that I saw.

BTW, both Leslie and Van are out this week. And Jeanna starts tomorrow as Heather.

Sorry for the random thoughts. The after-party was at the new bowling alley down the street from the St. James. :) Johnny and Becca left for the gala right after the show, though.

Did you go to the bowling alley? That's so funny that we were talking about the bowling alley last night, ha!

Ditto! Just sent you a PM with the info. :)

Hey! Nice to meet you and the hubby last night! I hope you enjoyed the show! See you when come back for that other dude... :)

Did you go to the bowling alley? That's so funny that we were talking about the bowling alley last night, ha!

Heh. Nah. :) That would have been too stalker-ish. LOL. Miguel mentioned it.

I don't think I'll see the show tomorrow. I want to keep Mary's last as a good memory for right now. I'll see Jeanna in January. Miguel was saying how they did a run-through of the entire show on Friday with her but she was the only one who was in costume. Heh. :D

Lizziebix, it was nice to meet you, albeit briefly. Hope you liked the show even with the few little mistakes.

I've been so upset that I'm not going to have a chance to see St. Billie, but considering two days from now I will be headed to NYC, it's hard to be angry anymore. Friday night will be my second time seeing the show and I'm sure my last while it's on Broadway. I'm disappointed in missing Billie, but my aunt who is going with me hasn't seen the show before and I want her to be able to see Tony too cause he's awesome. Hopefully most of the main cast is on Friday night. Sad to see Mary go though considering she was out sick when I was there in May. Would have been nice to see her once...

Too bad, that I will miss St. Billie, too. but i'll see the musical today and on saturday.

Isn't that great? And i love NY. What a beautiful city :).

I went to the Broadway in South Africa holiday party last night and Alysha, Declan, Chase, Gerard, and Jared performed with a little special appearance of Jeanna.

Alysha was fierce as always. The poor thing is still wearing an air cast for her ankle but she was telling me how she still wanted to wear heels. LOL.

Declan (with a plaid bow tie) played one of his songs called 'Love Wins' with Chase on bass, Gerard on drums, and Jared on keyboard. The song went into 'Hark the Angels.' Chase was rocking this green sweater with a snowman on it. He felt it was appropriate for the occassion.

Declan called Jeanna up and introduced her as the newest member of Idiot. He mentioned that they're both British and that they were taking over what is rightfully theirs. Heh. They sang 'Fairytales of New York.' Jeanna sounded amazing. Her voice reminded me along the lines of Aspen than Mary. Eva, the Idiot's company manager, was behind my friend and I and was "She's the new Heather." :D We met Jeanna briefly after the song. Really nice. Very pretty. I love Esper, but I really want a British invasion of Will and Heather. ;)

The guys brought Alysha back up and they sang 'Do You Hear What I Hear.' I love the song live. Also, Chase sang Stark's part... I often forget what Chase sounds like because he doesn't have any solos during Idiot; his voice is really good. I'm kinda hoping that Gallagher calls out this week at some point so Chase can finally go on.

Gerard was the last of the Idiots to sing and he did an acoustic version of 'All I Want For Christmas Is You.' I know that many don't have an opinion about Gerard but I do believe he's the most consistent singer of the entire company. Very rarely have I seen/heard him have an off-day.

Anyways, it was a fun night. I enjoyed it a lot so yay!

The casting announcement for Esper's new project was released today. It'll be at the Public Theater from March 22nd to June 12th. Heh. He didn't know it was going to be announced today. LOL. However, he said that he's going to try and overlap as much as possible so he might leave in early March. :) Although he said he might collaspe on the couch during Idiot. LOL. Y'all will see have enough time to see him. Yay!

Wow! The show tonight was fantastic!!! My mother and i liked it so much. It was simply unbelievable!

And we will see it on saturday again! Yeah!

• Like 1

My battery is about to die but because I ended up losing lotto at Bloody Bloody, my friend and I went and got student rush tickets at Idiot, even though I didn't think I would go.

Anyways, Jeanna was great for her debut. Mary will forever be my Heather but Jeanna, although nervous & a bit shaky at the beginning, will grow to be a fantastic Heather.

I posted a little snippet of her, Tony & Rebecca in LNOE on my tumblr: http://tumblr.com/x5g12dm2es

*sniffles*

So sweet. I talked to Mary after the matinee and she said that she was so emotional. I saw Kobak briefly after the matinee, too, but he wasn't on for the evening and kinda disappeared afterwards.

Mary and Esper were so cute on the couch during "Holiday." More so than usual. One of Johnny's guiatr strings broke during BOBD and it was just him and the drums for the first verse and chorus; it sounded really good. Esper, Miguel & Declan were even more ridiculous on the couch than usual in "Favorite Son." Esper left the stage a couple of times when he wasn't featured (don't know why) and his voice cracked a little at the beginning of Novacaine & he just grinned it off, which isn't really in tune with the song but whatever.

Libby was on for Christina and while I thought she was good in "21 Guns," I thought that she was straining in "Extraordinary Girl."

At the end of "Homecoming," when Johnny and Tunny greeted Heather, both the guys gave Mary a kiss on the cheek which I don't remember them doing before. She teared up at a couple of moments within the show but she was really crying towards the end of "Whatsername."

During curatin call, Theo hugged her the entire time and then for "Good Riddance," the entire cast surrounded Mary, sustaining the final chord. Johnny went around the stage, shouting at the audience "Get the fuck up! It's Mary fucking Faber!" She took her final bow at the end and Esper hugged her, kissing her on the forehead as they left the stage.

Hey! Nice to meet you and the hubby last night! I hope you enjoyed the show! See you when come back for that other dude... :)

Heh. Nah. :) That would have been too stalker-ish. LOL. Miguel mentioned it.

I don't think I'll see the show tomorrow. I want to keep Mary's last as a good memory for right now. I'll see Jeanna in January. Miguel was saying how they did a run-through of the entire show on Friday with her but she was the only one who was in costume. Heh. :D

Lizziebix, it was nice to meet you, albeit briefly. Hope you liked the show even with the few little mistakes.

It was so great meeting you both Sunday night. Tanya, I don't know if you heard Dan when we left, but he said, "next time, let's try and spend more time together." You're a hit with my hubby! (I think he loved that you got his humor right away!) And Plaid, we also loved meeting you, but as you said it was short. Still happy to put a face to your great posts.

And everything you described about the performance is how I remember it. Everyone's love towards Mary at the end was so amazing. Even if you didn't know it was her last night (as the people around us questioned), it was very clear that she was very special to everyone on stage with her.

Really glad we got to see Tony again. Kept trying to imagine Billie in the role though!

My battery is about to die but because I ended up losing lotto at Bloody Bloody, my friend and I went and got student rush tickets at Idiot, even though I didn't think I would go.

Anyways, Jeanna was great for her debut. Mary will forever be my Heather but Jeanna, although nervous & a bit shaky at the beginning, will grow to be a fantastic Heather.

I posted a little snippet of her, Tony & Rebecca in LNOE on my tumblr: http://tumblr.com/x5g12dm2es

Not to sound hateful or bitchy, but I like Mary as Heather way better, going on sound alone ... I prefer the way Mary pronounces the words, as well as the way she sounds so high noted and dainty and sweet. Furthermore, Tony seems to have changed his style of singing to better match with Jeanna's, another thing I'm not fond of. I much prefer Tony singing higher as opposed to lower in this song.

Poop ... :(

At least I got to see Mary as Heather before she left, though! :happy: And I suppose I may feel differently about Jeanna if I see her perform when I attend in January.

American Idiot stars John Gallagher Jr., Stark Sands and Michael Esper will offer a special series of performances on Thursday, December 16 at four different Manhattan locations. Presented under the title American Idiot Gives Back these mini-concerts will benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS (BC/EFA).

The trio will play a different selection of their Green Day favorites, holiday classics and songs from American Idiot at Citi Pond at Bryant Park at approximately 1pm; the Carlton Hotel Lobby at approximately 2pm; the Hard Rock Café at approximately 3pm; and finally the show’s home, the St. James Theatre, at approximately 3:30pm.

All of the performances will be free and open to the public.

Not to sound hateful or bitchy, but I like Mary as Heather way better, going on sound alone ... I prefer the way Mary pronounces the words, as well as the way she sounds so high noted and dainty and sweet. Furthermore, Tony seems to have changed his style of singing to better match with Jeanna's, another thing I'm not fond of. I much prefer Tony singing higher as opposed to lower in this song.

Poop ... :(

At least I got to see Mary as Heather before she left, though! :happy: And I suppose I may feel differently about Jeanna if I see her perform when I attend in January.

\

so agree with you about the pronouncing

Hey guys!

As you will know Tony is leaving American Idiot on the 30th Dec.

If anyone would like to make a monetary contribution towards a gift (maybe flowers / wine) for Tony's last performance, then please drop me an inbox message ASAP (or email: admin@tonyvincentworld.com). Depending on support we'll move forward with this and show Tony how much we love and believe in him and will continue to support him as he moves into the next chapter of his career. Many Thanks to those who have messaged their support so far, but we need MORE to make this happen! Let's give Tony (and his amazing portrayal of St. Jimmy) the send off they truly deserve!

There's a full TVW newsletter about this here:

http://www.tonyvincentworld.com/apps/blog/show/5610263-tony-vincent-s-final-performance-with-american-idiot-

Since I first joined this forum to introduce you all to my amazing friend, Tony Vincent, you all have been so sweet and kind and helpful and welcoming. I'm sad that the curtain is falling on his time with American Idiot, but excited to see whats next for him. Please keep supporting him beyond the St. James stage. PLEASE! He's only turning to a new chapter, so please join us as the TV adventure continues!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

-ing x

p.s If anyone happens to be at his last performance and has any bits to share ie. vids, pics reviews, please let me know. AND whoop and cheer LOUDLY. There'll be applause coming out of six continents of the world for him that nite!

Edited by miss_ing