American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Tripe, for the Spring Awakening hair, all the boys had interesting hairstyles (except for maybe Melchior's). But for Moritz, if I remember correctly, in the original German play, Moritz' hair is described as 'sticking up on end,' which they intrepreted into that hairstyle for Act 2. I've talked to Kevin, who's the head hairstylist of Idiot and was on the Spring Awakening tour, about it. He said that it was difficult to keep it flat on top. Heh.

Ah, thanks. I did notice some weird hairstyles onstage, with Moritz's being the weirdest. I just wondered why it was so mussy (the bedhead style he described) in Act I, then became very severe and cylindrical for Act II. I guess his role is more comical for the first half and definitely more serious in the second, so perhaps that was the hair vibe they were going with as well.

Ah, thanks. I did notice some weird hairstyles onstage, with Moritz's being the weirdest. I just wondered why it was so mussy (the bedhead style he described) in Act I, then became very severe and cylindrical for Act II. I guess his role is more comical for the first half and definitely more serious in the second, so perhaps that was the hair vibe they were going with as well.

uhhh I should really watch my two SA torrents again :D

What was your question?:)

I submitted like the first day and asked if he had any plans to record an album of his own material any time soon.

I would have loved for him to answer it, but *shrug* the questions he did answer were really interesting, especially the one about the female role. :lol:

It's cool that your question was answered though :)

The impression I couldn't help but get from the Broadway.com Ask a Star thing...

Describe John Gallagher Jr in one word: Adorable.

I loved his laugh when answering the kind of weird ones. :wub:

My favorite question was probably the Glee one though. You got a sense he definitely does not want to be on the show, which I'm actually happy about.

I'm going to see the musical for the first time in January and I was wondering if I have to dress a certain way because this is Broadway or if I can simply wear skinny jeans with a green day shirt?

I'm going to see the musical for the first time in January and I was wondering if I have to dress a certain way because this is Broadway or if I can simply wear skinny jeans with a green day shirt?

Some people will dress nicely, especially for an evening show, but with American Idiot, i would feel a little odd dressing up, just because of the nature of the show. Stodgy broadway people would disagree with me, but with shows like this and Rent, I don't see why any type of outfit would be too casual.

I don't think there would be any problem wearing jeans and a shirt.

Some people will dress nicely, especially for an evening show, but with American Idiot, i would feel a little odd dressing up, just because of the nature of the show. Stodgy broadway people would disagree with me, but with shows like this and Rent, I don't see why any type of outfit would be too casual.

yeah I'd feel like that too. I have a month to think about it but I'll probably end up wearing skinny jeans with a shirt anyway (:

Thanks for clearing this up :)

I loved his laugh when answering the kind of weird ones. :wub:

My favorite question was probably the Glee one though. You got a sense he definitely does not want to be on the show, which I'm actually happy about.

Agreed - he spoke about it for a while but ultimately it sounded like "Hell - no!"

YEAH! I'M GOING JANUARY 22ND! WOOT WOOT! I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

wear whatever you feel best in :)

the only time a lot of people got dressed up, was opening night...but that's because EVERYONE was going to be dressed up there

Yeah, it's Broadway, but it's punk rock too so the rules can tolerate a little bending. When I saw the show last April (and when I go again next month) I'll be in a nice sweater and slacks topped off with my Chucks. :whistle

I might be lumped with the "stodgy Broadway people" but I will tell you that besides opening night, I've only dressed up once to go to Idiot. Jeans and a nice top have been my mainstay attire for this show, and actually many others. Unless you're of the older generation or if you're on a nice date, the dress code for Broadway shows have been lax these past few years. Plus, it's Idiot. No one will really care what you dress up like. Heh... as long as you don't smell, people have no need to complain. :lol:

I might be lumped with the "stodgy Broadway people" but I will tell you that besides opening night, I've only dressed up once to go to Idiot. Jeans and a nice top have been my mainstay attire for this show, and actually many others. Unless you're of the older generation or if you're on a nice date, the dress code for Broadway shows have been lax these past few years. Plus, it's Idiot. No one will really care what you dress up like. Heh... as long as you don't smell, people have no need to complain. :lol:

Exactly! I would feel more uncomfortable in fancy clothes because of the show. It's not Phantom of the Opera or the NY Ballet. Casual attire is perfectly acceptable. :)

Not like you'd get kicked out or something. :lol:

I remember many years ago going to see Aspects of Love on a Saturday night. I was so excited to get dressed up for a Saturday night Broadway show. And honestly, I was one of the few that was so dressed up. I always believe that you can never be overdressed, but I certainly felt that way that night.

More and more people are dressing casually in all aspects of life that it's very common and exceptable to wear jeans - even on a Saturday night on Broadway.

Though I secretly wish it wasn't so!

oh man, dont even worry about it. Opening night, like the 20th when it was all the famous people and shit, i was wearing ripped skinny jeans, a hoody and a beanie. this chick thought i was part of the show :lol:

felt soo underdressed. but i mean, i didn't know i was even going till an hour before it started.

oh man, dont even worry about it. Opening night, like the 20th when it was all the famous people and shit, i was wearing ripped skinny jeans, a hoody and a beanie. this chick thought i was part of the show :lol:

felt soo underdressed. but i mean, i didn't know i was even going till an hour before it started.

That's exactly what happened to me. I was planning on waiting outside all night until my friends mom got us tickets. Turns out we were sitting right next to you too.

Totally up to you, either one is acceptable. I personally wear something a little nicer, but there are more people dressed down than dressed up.

same thing happened to me :lol:

Thanks for all the answers guys! You made it more clear now :happy:

I'll go with what I'm the most comfortable in, which is basically skinny jeans and a shirt (:

Thanks for all the answers guys! You made it more clear now :happy:

I'll go with what I'm the most comfortable in, which is basically skinny jeans and a shirt (:

I hope that there's a big fluffy coat with those jeans and shirt. Heh... Tis cold.

I hope that there's a big fluffy coat with those jeans and shirt. Heh... Tis cold.

Of course XD You have to be pretty insane to go out at this time of the year without a coat when you live here lol

Who's going to the show this Sunday evening for Mary's (and Kobak's) last?

If I can get a cheap ticket, I might, but I am broke right now, sadly.