American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Abbey, why would anyone make it look like the Times? I think you think too much. lol. :)

I think it might be the International edition.

My take is that either it closes after his run in February or sales are pushed so high because of him that they keep it open until they run through their tickets in the current schedule to the end of April. If he has the time to stay in the show.

that makes sense to me. it also coincides with what someone said about esper leaving in feb as well as all the cast members tweeting about auditioning here there and everywhere. if billie's bump in ticket sales can sustain them thru april they push out and if not buh-bye. i kind of like the idea of the show going out with billie as st jimmy and not dying out in april with almost the entire cast having slowly dripped out.

and for the record i still think that NY Times article is bogus.

that makes sense to me. it also coincides with what someone said about esper leaving in feb as well as all the cast members tweeting about auditioning here there and everywhere. if billie's bump in ticket sales can sustain them thru april they push out and if not buh-bye. i kind of like the idea of the show going out with billie as st jimmy and not dying out in april with almost the entire cast having slowly dripped out.

and for the record i still think that NY Times article is bogus.

I'll take a photo of the New York Times these days for you. It is really small now. Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal are also really small now.

I think if someone went to the trouble of making a bogus NYT article that they have way too much time on their hands.

But yes, as to my theory of the show closing, yea, I think it makes sense, too.

I'll take a photo of the New York Times these days for you. It is really small now. Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal are also really small now.

I think if someone went to the trouble of making a bogus NYT article that they have way too much time on their hands.

But yes, as to my theory of the show closing, yea, I think it makes sense, too.

the article you posted apparently is bogus, if that is what you and Abbey were referring to.

some one posted it in the Random Green Day News thread and its similar to a bunch of bogus newspaper entries. Apparently theres a templet that people can change and put in their own headlines, etc.

interesting about what you guys said about it ending after February, i never would have thought of that

Just FYI, actors audition for different stuff when they're in a show if it's doing well or not. They do it to attempt to keep a steady job going so....

Oh and the article is so bogus.

Just FYI, actors audition for different stuff when they're in a show if it's doing well or not. They do it to attempt to keep a steady job going so....

Oh and the article is so bogus.

thats interesting to hear. i dont know anything about the acting world. like a perpetual job interview. which sounds kinda soul crushing.

Ha, yes, I just looked at the Times and they always put "the" on every page. Interesting. Hmm.

thats interesting to hear. i dont know anything about the acting world. like a perpetual job interview. which sounds kinda soul crushing.

Yep. That's why I got out.

Abbey can you take that jpg out of your post? I deleted the photo so that no one else falls for it like I did. Thanks. And apologies to you.

Just bought my ticket for the 2/27 :bunny:

also got a ticket for How to Succeed in Business... :happy:

I <3 NYC, seriously need to move

ooh, i really want to see how to succeed!

I KNOW I won't be able (and allowed either) to go to NY to see the AI musical. I'd love to see Billie on his last performance, I even went to a couple plane ticket sites to see how much the transportation would cost me. Just that is something I cannot afford, so let alone a ticket for the musical, or a place to stay in NY. Haha. :lol::pinch:

Abbey, why would anyone make it look like the Times? I think you think too much. lol. :)

I think it might be the International edition.

Tanya, there are sites you can use that make up fake articles. I've done a NY Times one before, and it looks just like that. Clipped and all. I did it for an April Fools Joke one year.

I loved Johnny's Q&A. His answers were so cute and funny :D

I would have died if he had answered my question, though. It would have made me ridiculously happy.

A question for theater people who know about the Tonys, Billie Joe can potentially be nominated for a Tony for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for 2010-2011, yes? Is there a specific number of shows that a performer has to be in or a specific time frame to be nominated for them? I'm just wondering what the rules are. Is it a calendar year or a year between Tony Awards?

Ah, here are the rules.

A question for theater people who know about the Tonys, Billie Joe can potentially be nominated for a Tony for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for 2010-2011, yes? Is there a specific number of shows that a performer has to be in or a specific time frame to be nominated for them? I'm just wondering what the rules are. Is it a calendar year or a year between Tony Awards?

Ah, here are the rules.

As far as I know, the musical has to be entered into the 2010-2011 season which "American Idiot" does not, so Billie Joe cannot be nominated. In other words, they'll only consider musicals and its company for their first runs. There was talked about a "Best Replacement" category but I don't think it ever came in fruition.

As far as I know, the musical has to be entered into the 2010-2011 season which "American Idiot" does not, so Billie Joe cannot be nominated. In other words, they'll only consider musicals and its company for their first runs. There was talked about a "Best Replacement" category but I don't think it ever came in fruition.

Thanks. Yea, that's what I thought but I wanted to confirm it. Thanks. That's too bad. Oh well, I guess he's going to have to go for his own Tony award in another show.

Johnny answers the questions from Broadway.com:

http://bit.ly/dNlGMk

Thanks! He answered mine! (The Moritz hair one). He talked a long time about it, LOL. I didn't actually ask my question about how the hair got that way, I just asked if he missed having it. They added to my question and made it more interesting. :)

As a related question, anyone who has seen Spring Awakening know the symbolism/meaning of Moritz' hair change in that show? Like John mentions, it's a messed up rat's nest for the first part of the show, but when he returns for Act II, it's like a perfect cylinder on top of his head.

I loved Johnny's Q&A. His answers were so cute and funny :D

I would have died if he had answered my question, though. It would have made me ridiculously happy.

What was your question?:)

The impression I couldn't help but get from the Broadway.com Ask a Star thing...

Describe John Gallagher Jr in one word: Adorable.

• Like 2

Tripe, for the Spring Awakening hair, all the boys had interesting hairstyles (except for maybe Melchior's). But for Moritz, if I remember correctly, in the original German play, Moritz' hair is described as 'sticking up on end,' which they intrepreted into that hairstyle for Act 2. I've talked to Kevin, who's the head hairstylist of Idiot and was on the Spring Awakening tour, about it. He said that it was difficult to keep it flat on top. Heh.

I loved Johnny's and Esper's tweets last night:

@JohnGallagherJr: I do believe I just saw the most inebriated Christmas carollers I've ever seen on 9th avenue. Happy Holidays indeed! God bless us everyone!

@airstreamrally: @JohnGallagherJr dude those weren't carolers. That was the cast of bloody bloody. SUCH a weird pre-show ritual.

• Like 1