American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Actually, because of St. Billie doing the Q&A, they canceled the 7:30pm performance. :dry:

Sweet. So that frees up JGJ to attend without having to call out. Double-:woot:

According to the press release on the official theatre websites, Tony Vincent's last day as St. Jimmy will be Thursday, December 30th. :(

wow. i suppose tony's departure will get lost in the shuffle with all the billie joe hoopla. tony created the most brilliant character in st jimmy. i hope people go see him before he leaves the cast. that really bums me out. he is simply brilliant.

Holy shit, my wife and I have front-row IC tix for the 1/9 matinee.

:pinch:

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::runaround::runaround::runaround:

:blink:

:wacko:

Ok now that I've got *that* out of my system....remember folks, 1/9 evening panel interview with Michael Mayer and bj is scheduled even though there's an evening performance that same night. My guess has to be that somebody else in the cast will be on for Billie for the evening performance. So if you wanna see Billie on the 9th, get tix for the 3pm matinee, not the 7:30pm evening performance.

Yay for you!!! Front row seats alone, and now St. Billie as a bonus!! I won't be here that weekend, but am making it back in time for the interview, or I would most certainly be at that matinee show myself. This is so exciting!! :banana:

wow. i suppose tony's departure will get lost in the shuffle with all the billie joe hoopla. tony created the most brilliant character in st jimmy. i hope people go see him before he leaves the cast. that really bums me out. he is simply brilliant.

Absolutely....so glad I had a chance to see him during opening week. Yes, seeing Billie in the character he created will be *wonderful* but a part of me will definitely miss Tony. He owns that whole f*cking stage when St. Jimmy is in da house.

Yay for you!!! Front row seats alone, and now St. Billie as a bonus!! I won't be here that weekend, but am making it back in time for the interview, or I would most certainly be at that matinee show myself. This is so exciting!! :banana:

Well Sarah and I will just have to catch up with you at the interview then. Great that you can make it home in time for it!

yo producers, y'all feel the squee? cause thats how we roll. from our pockets to yours, with love.

I've got obscene amounts of squee right now.

oh man.

Well Sarah and I will just have to catch up with you at the interview then. Great that you can make it home in time for it!

Yes, definitely! :) And yeah, I'm glad I'll be home, too. GS camping trip would've had to be cut short, lol!

According to the press release on the official theatre websites, Tony Vincent's last day as St. Jimmy will be Thursday, December 30th. :(

N'awwwwwwwwww :(

I hope he'll get a proper departure.... thingy whatever happens when actors leave on Broadway and it won't be half forgotten about with the St. Billie frenzy.

Holy shit, my wife and I have front-row IC tix for the 1/9 matinee.

:pinch:

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::runaround::runaround::runaround:

:blink:

:wacko:

Ok now that I've got *that* out of my system....remember folks, 1/9 evening panel interview with Michael Mayer and bj is scheduled even though there's an evening performance that same night. My guess has to be that somebody else in the cast will be on for Billie for the evening performance. So if you wanna see Billie on the 9th, get tix for the 3pm matinee, not the 7:30pm evening performance.

Wooo, that's so great :woot: You guys are going to have such an awesome day. You were going to the panel thingy as well, right?

I got tickets for 2 shows and I also have tickets for the NY times thing so Billie 3 days in a row!

Now dat's da way ya do it! :)

You guys are going to have such an awesome day. You were going to the panel thingy as well, right?

You betcha. Beej twice in one day, we're talking *massive* amounts of squee here. :)

All we need now is a surprise FoxTubs show that evening and I promise you I'll mess up my pants!! :eyebrow:

Tony' Tweet:

"@tvtalks: my friends- my final performance with American Idiot will be Dec. 30th. It's been an absolutely amazing and thrilling journey."

Aspen will be staying on.

You betcha. Beej twice in one day, we're talking *massive* amounts of squee here. :)

All we need now is a surprise FoxTubs show that evening and I promise you I'll mess up my pants!! :eyebrow:

Then Billie's going to have one hell of a St. Hangover on the 10th :lol:

Is anyone going on Jan 1st or 2nd? I plan on attending both matinees and the 8pm show on the 1st.

The flight prices are astronomical but they're the only shows I can go to for BJ's entire run. It just has to be done.

I think it's great that BJA's coming back, but all I have to say is, dear god, please, producers, higher him a vocal coach. He was losing his voice at the end of both of performances that I saw during his ONE WEEK stint, so I can only imagine what 50 performances will do to his voice.

• Like 1

I think it's great that BJA's coming back, but all I have to say is, dear god, please, producers, higher him a vocal coach. He was losing his voice at the end of both of performances that I saw during his ONE WEEK stint, so I can only imagine what 50 performances will do to his voice.

Liz Caplan who's the vocal coach for the entire cast will probably look after him. :) The little breaks the he has probably helps.

Liz Caplan who's the vocal coach for the entire cast will probably look after him. :) The little breaks the he has probably helps.

I would also suspect that being in the middle of a 2-year tour with Green Day didn't help things any. Glad he's got a couple months off before he takes up the B'way gig again!

Not sure about that... he had a vocal teacher within the last ten years, I think, but they should probably really work on his voice more because Allison is right, he was losing it a few times there with the scream...

BTW... the Scottsboro Boys is closing on December 12, if no one has posted that yet. I just saw it this weekend and am a little surprised it's closing so soon. But it's a tough show, that's for sure. As you guys may know, Joshua Henry is in that show.

Not sure about that... he had a vocal teacher within the last ten years, I think, but they should probably really work on his voice more because Allison is right, he was losing it a few times there with the scream...

I'm actually surprised to hear that -- his voice held up so well on the tour night after night, 2-1/2 + hours a show. The show demands are just different I suppose....I'm guessing broad range plus loud plus rock-solid-steady, which isn't exactly what we get from Billie in concert...usually you get to pick 2 out of the 3 but you don't get all 3 at the same time.

I'm actually surprised to hear that -- his voice held up so well on the tour night after night, 2-1/2 + hours a show. The show demands are just different I suppose....I'm guessing broad range plus loud plus rock-solid-steady, which isn't exactly what we get from Billie in concert...usually you get to pick 2 out of the 3 but you don't get all 3 at the same time.

I saw him do five of eight shows... and I did notice toward the end of the run that his voice was slightly strained toward the end. But yes, it is that broad range and articulation that can take a toll on a voice. He just needs some B'way coaching and TLC, that's all, to loosen up the high ends so when he growls he doesn't wreck his voice in the middle range. If he gets a little bit of coaching, after his B'way run, his voice is going to be even better than ever. Which will prepare him for his next B'way role, lol.

Has there been any hint of a St. Jimmy replacement after Billie leaves the show? Cause if not....:ermm:

Are you going to be in NYC by then?