American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

my thoughts exactly. it was really awkward with my mom sitting next to me

theres also a scene where Johnny and Whatsername are taking heroin, that may not be appropriate for younger kids either. On the other hand it might just go over his head.

exactly, depending on his age, he might just not know what they're doing.

I'd be a little worried about a 12 year old. On the other hand, there are lots of other things going on all over the stage at the same time as the simulated sex scene so your brother can look elsewhere if he gets uncomfortable with that part. The drug scene could be a little bit much, depends on the kid.

If I had to assign an MPAA rating to the show, it'd be borderline PG-13 and R, leaning toward R if that puts it in context, for the dry-humping scene between Johnny and Whatsername (very suggestive), drug use, and language. I think a lot really depends on what your brother has already been exposed to elsewhere but in my opinion a 12yo would probably be too young for this.

If you're seeing the musical this week, don't forget to wish Esper "Happy Birthday!" :D His birthday is on Wednesday.

Also, Sydney Harcourt will be returning on a temporary basis to cover tracks while people are on vacation, starting the 8th.

i have a bad feeling spiderman is going to take people away from american idiot .

Not right now when it's about 4 hours long. Heh... :blink::D

has anyone heard who Kobak is playing in spiderman?

or is he just an understudy

spiderman also has a contestant from the amazing race in there cast

This is ot, but Spiderman?

People on Tumblr are saying they've seen the show and they have technical difficulties and injuries every three minutes.

God I hope it closes. Ugh what an awful idea in the first place.

/rant

Anyway, back on topic, my family gave me some money over break so I'm going to save all I get between now and January so I can go see the show again! :)

• Like 1

People on Tumblr are saying they've seen the show and they have technical difficulties and injuries every three minutes.

/rant

Anyway, back on topic, my family gave me some money over break so I'm going to save all I get between now and January so I can go see the show again! :)

they already took a cast member a way from american idiot (even though he's still in AI Until Dec 12th)

plus their cast keeps getting hurt.

If so, then AI has met it's match and will have competition for the award of "Musical most likely to get a cast member injured" :lol:

+1 just for that. It might have good visual effects, but it just looks like a terrible play. Like really, a Spiderman musical? Ridiculous.

I can't wait till I can see American Idiot again. But I don't have the money right now. :cry:

they already took a cast member a way from american idiot (even though he's still in AI Until Dec 12th)

Yes, but hopefully it will close before it "takes" anyone else.

Personally, I feel like every single one of the AI cast is way too good for such a horrible musical, but, hey.

Not right now when it's about 4 hours long. Heh... :blink::D

Very true. I was reading some of the reports about it, but it's still in previews, so we'll see what happens.

Julie Taymor is incredible. The set looks amazing. The script and music, I have no idea, but in a strange way, I want this to succeed because of Taymor. And just because the special effects look amazing. As long as no actors are killed or injured.

I am probably the only one really excited about Spiderman turn off the dark :lol: But you will never know, it might turn out to be pretty good. Oh well, at least Kobak and Matt caplan are in the show!

Very true. I was reading some of the reports about it, but it's still in previews, so we'll see what happens.

Julie Taymor is incredible. The set looks amazing. The script and music, I have no idea, but in a strange way, I want this to succeed because of Taymor. And just because the special effects look amazing. As long as no actors are killed or injured.

I agree. I love julie Taymor and her work. Looking forward to seeing her version of the tempest on the big screen.

• Like 1

I don't want to start another thread so I'll just pop it in here...

Billie attended opening night of the "Next to Normal" tour which Tom Kitt wrote the music for.

34zngy1.jpg

• Like 1

Billie attended opening night of the "Next to Normal" tour which Tom Kitt wrote the music for.

34zngy1.jpg

Great pic, thanks Plaid! Billie looks rested and healthy again, finally! :)

34zngy1.jpg

he lives!

What city was the opening night tour?

A popular YouTube vlogger/musician (Nerimon) went to see the musical recently.

He got to meet the cast and go on stage afterward, he got some footage, skip to 2:07

I was wondering when he would go, he quite a big fan.

A popular YouTube vlogger/musician (Nerimon) went to see the musical recently.

He got to meet the cast and go on stage afterward, he got some footage, skip to 2:07

I was wondering when he would go, he quite a big fan.

Very cool that he just happened to be sitting next to Melissa Etheridge, lol.

LA. :)

Very cool, thanks!

So... this guy is in a movie called "All Good Things" with Ryan Gosling, Frank Langella, Kirsten Dunst, Kristen Wiig, Lily Rabe and others...

33lgpvs.jpg10nu6gz.jpg

Right now it's scheduled for a rolling limited release at the following theaters: LINK

But you can watch it at Amazon's onDemand: LINK

Esper does pop up every once in a while, but the movie really focuses more on Gosling's character. It's based on a real story, by the way. It's a bit of a drama/suspense movie, so if you're interested in that, I think you might find it enjoyable. :thumbsup:

i have a bad feeling spiderman is going to take people away from american idiot .

I was there yesterday and it was pretty crowded.

Also, I got a poster signed by all cast members, and a bracelet made of one of their broken guitar strings. :D

I'm so happy I finally saw it. It was one of the reasons I wanted to go to NY in the first place. :)