American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

"why people have seen it so many times"?

I'll answer the question with a rhetorical question of my own: Why would anyone listen to American Idiot (the album) more than once? :happy:

By the way, Sydney Harcourt who came in as a swing with Corbin and Wallace left the show at the beginning of November. So, besides Jeanna, they'll probably get two more male swings. As I don't see anyone in the current cast as a St. Jimmy understudy (besides, of course, Andrew), one of the newbies will most likely be one.

Please everyone be mindful of one thing. If a cast member chooses to leave by another exit (one other than the stage door) then they are doing so for a reason, whether it be to save their voices from further vocal strain, to dash to meetings engagements etc, or simply because they are tired and want to go home. It's not appropriate to follow them, or try to corner them at other exits or even at the subway. Every cast member is courteous and respectful to you, so PLEASE show them that same respect in return and remember that their job ends when the curtain falls. Thank you.

who did this and to who?

Please everyone be mindful of one thing. If a cast member chooses to leave by another exit (one other than the stage door) then they are doing so for a reason, whether it be to save their voices from further vocal strain, to dash to meetings engagements etc, or simply because they are tired and want to go home. It's not appropriate to follow them, or try to corner them at other exits or even at the subway. Every cast member is courteous and respectful to you, so PLEASE show them that same respect in return and remember that their job ends when the curtain falls. Thank you.

I don't understand why people do that. It's just....they're just people whose job is to be in a show. Outside of that, they have real lives and AI is a demanding show. Ugh.

• Like 1

But not necessarily by just GDC'ers.

of course not. but non-members read this forum too so it's a good place to highlight this issue and encourage this bad behaviour to stop. people who do this are just making fools of themselves and are winning no points with the cast. they're just rude, disrespectful and INCREDIBLY selfish.

Edited by saint_n_sinner

of course not. but non-members read this forum too so it's a good place to highlight this issue and encourage this bad behaviour to stop. people who do this are just making fools of themselves and are winning no points with the cast. they're just rude, disrespectful and INCREDIBLY selfish.

I understand your anger and frustration. You must have some first hand knowledge - this has either happened to you, you've seen it happen or you know someone that it has happened to. I just don't remember reading about any one on here running after a cast member - usually just waiting for autographs with everyone else.

That must be so annoying for the cast members to be annoyed by people after the show when it is not appropriate. It should be made clear that it is not acceptable. This makes me angry! :runaround:

• Like 1

But not necessarily by just GDC'ers.

I didn't mean that it was just by GDC'ers. If anything, GDC'ers do this less because we know better than to chase after them after a long day. I meant that this is a common problem I've noticed.

I didn't mean that it was just by GDC'ers. If anything, GDC'ers do this less because we know better than to chase after them after a long day. I meant that this is a common problem I've noticed.

I know. :) I guess I just found it odd to post it here because if you've read this thread you'd know how respectful the GDC'ers that have gone have been. As you've said...

YES. This is extremely important to remember.

I saw some girl post on the John Gallagher Jr Facebook fan page saying she would tell people where he usually comes out so they can wait there instead of stage door. Like, seriously? Have some respect. John has said before that he wishes he could stage door, but the show takes so much out of him that it's impossible. And it's not just him that gets tired after a show.

I also pretty much yelled at someone on a YouTube video because they commented that Aaron Tveit was "rude and arrogant" because he didn't stage door and I was like :mad: ARE YOU KIDDING ME

People--when they don't stage door it's not because they hate their fans or are lazy. All shows are tiring, but for this cast especially, their health is critically important. Cut them some slack and give them some space. Stage-dooring is not in their contracts.

• Like 1

I know. :) I guess I just found it odd to post it here because if you've read this thread you'd know how respectful the GDC'ers that have gone have been. As you've said...

Can you account for the good behaviour of every single member of this forum, Lizzie? (I don't think so). Like I said, this is directed at every fan who attends the show --forum members and non forum members alike. Following, chasing, cornering and hounding cast members is frowned upon, and is simply NOT cool.

When we saw it last summer, my hubby and I were thrilled with the actors that we got to meet and talk to after the show. It just never occurred to us to be annoyed that we didn't see every single cast member. Guess we're not really the stalker types.

But I see where it can be annoying especially if others are posting that information and then chasing after the actors. That is not nice or necessary. As mentioned above, stage dooring is not in their contracts and it is certainly nice of the ones that do it for this show.

Can you account for the good behaviour of every single member of this forum, Lizzie? (I don't think so). Like I said, this is directed at every fan who attends the show --forum members and non forum members alike. Following, chasing, cornering and hounding cast members is frowned upon, and is simply NOT cool.

No one here knows the girls who chased Chase down the street. I promise.

That is sad that people are doing that to them. I have thought in the past when fans have reported a famous person as being rude that the person must have over stepped the mark and passed boundaries. Espcially when people have reported they are usually nice and happy to meet fans.

Edited by clairex

Yikes. I haven't heard of anything that bad. The worst I've seen was during the St. Billie week, a few of us were waiting for Tre to come out, and a few cast members came out that door too. Mary came out and expressed that her head was hurting and she wanted to get home fast, but people STILL snapped photos and asked for autographs and whatnot. I just thought it was very inconsiderate, since she expressed she was under the weather. :/

are you talking about the guys who come out the other door? because the last 2 times i went the second they took the barricades away i started to leave and out that door comes John and he had people swarming him it was just bad timing

I just think he means, if a cast member leaves through the backstage door, don't chase them. If they leave from the front stage door, they want to talk, but no running down the street after them. I'm not sure how much clearer that can be, Jetsrule!

And by the way, this will be very important if/when BJA comes back. There are already rumors in print that he will be back. That's going to be hell for all of them. The door was ridiculous when he was in the show. If it's already in amNew York, it's probably going to happen.

• Like 2