American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

i hadnt watched the JOS video in a while. ive kept meaning to watch it after seeing BJA perform in the musical and remarking how much he was styled like the JOS character from the Sam Bayer video. (i guess the JOS character is actually styled like BJA...anyhow...)

i was so psyched to see the lipstick have blood drip for it in the death of st. jimmy. kind of reminded me of the bloody handprint scene from the video. can someone share if they are still using the bloody lipstick with tony vincent as st jimmy?

and for anyone that hasnt watched it in a while...

Huh, I thought Tony also drew that heart/upside down cross thing on his chest?

They've never used the bloody lipstick for anyone besides Billie. :)

thanks plaid!

Huh, I thought Tony also drew that heart/upside down cross thing on his chest?

he does. but his lipstick doesnt have "blood" that drips down from it. i thought maybe they added it to tony's st. jimmy after bja performed. im quite glad they didnt. they are two completely different st jimmy performances.

They've never used the bloody lipstick for anyone besides Billie. :)

So was it Billie's idea? I remember seeing the tweet about it.

he does. but his lipstick doesnt have "blood" that drips down from it. i thought maybe they added it to tony's st. jimmy after bja performed. im quite glad they didnt. they are two completely different st jimmy performances.

Ahh, that way. Thanks for explaining.

i hate to spread unsubstantiated rumors but two weird things happened last night at/after the performance:

1. my friend who saw the show said Esper and Sands were crying through almost all of it - making him think that they'd just been told they were closing.

2. i saw BBAJ and stopped into the Theatre Circle to say hi to a friend and I had to ask Andrew Call to move from in front of the door and he was on the phone and he said, 'We only have what, like, a month more of this left?'

Now both of those things could be super unrelated but it just seems a bit odd. I've also heard that there are no plans for closing as long as they're making money (and right now they're making about $100k over their weekly nut).

So I'm stumped.....

i hate to spread unsubstantiated rumors but two weird things happened last night at/after the performance:

1. my friend who saw the show said Esper and Sands were crying through almost all of it - making him think that they'd just been told they were closing.

2. i saw BBAJ and stopped into the Theatre Circle to say hi to a friend and I had to ask Andrew Call to move from in front of the door and he was on the phone and he said, 'We only have what, like, a month more of this left?'

Now both of those things could be super unrelated but it just seems a bit odd. I've also heard that there are no plans for closing as long as they're making money (and right now they're making about $100k over their weekly nut).

So I'm stumped.....

Has your friend seen the show before? Esper and Stark have emotional moments thus they could be crying for those reasons. However, I talked to Stark afterwards and he had literally just gone from the airport to the theatre. So, he was just really tired. Maybe your friend mistook tiredness for sadness...? And Andrew could have been talking about anything. Just saying.

Has your friend seen the show before? Esper and Stark have emotional moments thus they could be crying for those reasons. However, I talked to Stark afterwards and he had literally just gone from the airport to the theatre. So, he was just really tired. Maybe your friend mistook tiredness for sadness...? And Andrew could have been talking about anything. Just saying.

My thoughts exactly. They do get emotional during the show. I wouldn't trust the judgement of someone whose only seen it once (what I am assuming)...Andrew could have been talking about anything. Heck, he could have been only talking about himself if that's the case.

My thoughts exactly. They do get emotional during the show. I wouldn't trust the judgement of someone whose only seen it once (what I am assuming)...Andrew could have been talking about anything. Heck, he could have been only talking about himself if that's the case.

He could have been talking about his favorite restaurant that's about to close down or a friend who's moving away. I refuse to believe that the play's closing in a month. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Also, if they were in fact closing in a month...then the interview thing with Billie and Michael Mayer on January would be kinda pointless, don't you think? :whistle

Maybe it was about the fact that Mary Faber is (rumored or is it fact?) leaving the show in about a month? Who knows, tho - it could be almost anything?!

So I'm stumped.....

nevermind

Any idea of who will be replacing Mary? I'm guessing an understudy or something?

Sad to see her go, she was very nice. :(

Any idea of who will be replacing Mary? I'm guessing an understudy or something?

I am.

Yes, he's seen the show several times. And re: Andrew, I know he could've been talking about anything. And I wasn't exactly eavesdropping: He was standing in my way and talking, I had to ask him to move and I heard him say that :)

I just wanted to know what you guys thought. Glad you don't think it's all related!

I am.

damn you woman! you get to lie on the couch and make out with michael esper. i bet his mouth tastes like chocolate and twizzlers and rainbows.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think it related. :)

Some of the cast are pretty transparent so if they knew they were closing next month, I believe that I could tell by how they acted when I talked to them. Heh. I think as long as there isn't another show wanting the St. James, Idiot will continue to play there. Plus, they wouldn't be looking for replacements for Heather and Will if they were closing shop soon.

And to the previous question about who would take over for Mary, it's easier for them to bring in a new person than bump up Leslie or Libby. Say they bump up Libby, they would have to find a new girl for her ensemble track as well as her Extraordinary Girl understudy track which take more time to teach than bringing in a new girl for just the Heather track. IMO.

I have to say i think what they done to last nighton earth was amazing!

Took it to a whole different level with the modulation/key change w/e you want to call it!

I really love how the girls sound it in as well!

Fingers crossed that it will be coming to londons west end!!!

I really want a chance to be able to see it!

That's sad. I love Mary, but if Libby replaces her- I wouldn't object one bit.

Plus, they wouldn't be looking for replacements for Heather and Will if they were closing shop soon.

Wait- Esper is leaving too? Now THAT makes me want to cry.