American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Someone actually recorded that part of When It's Time when John calls the texter out. They're like "oh, isn't this great," but I find it kind of hypocritical considering they're illegally recording the show when they're not supposed to be. :rolleyes:

Even though it was "illegal," is there a link to the video? Would love to see John calling him out! :)

Even though it was "illegal," is there a link to the video? Would love to see John calling him out! :)

I don't have a direct link, but it's about the fourth post down on my Tumblr. It's not a vid, it's just the audio.

I don't have a direct link, but it's about the fourth post down on my Tumblr. It's not a vid, it's just the audio.

Thanks. I'll check it out!

That is pretty great.

:thumbsup: to John.

And thanks for the audio :happy:

I just love they well they treat them like meat and don't even tell 'em stuff is happening, lol.

Sounds like he's well-qualified for a future IT career. :lol:

Good luck to Mary! I am sure she will be superb in her new role.

I will miss her as Heather - just because I am sentimental about the original cast as I saw them in Berkeley. The main characters, anyway.

But, when you say, "rest of his contract," does that mean... he's leaving when it's up?

He said that what exactly defines the end of contract has changed several times, so he isn't even sure when it's up. He said that right now it's "end of winter" which could mean end of January or February. *shrugs*

Nice seeing you last night, btw. Crazy night, lol.

LOL. Yes, last night was crazy. But I had fun talking with you and everyone else. 'Is that a bus?' 'No! It's just headlights!' :D

He said that what exactly defines the end of contract has changed several times, so he isn't even sure when it's up. He said that right now it's "end of winter" which could mean end of January or February. *shrugs*

LOL. Yes, last night was crazy. But I had fun talking with you and everyone else. 'Is that a bus?' 'No! It's just headlights!' :D

It's the "cheese bus."

has it been extended till May 1st or end of May? im realllllly hoping end of May...

Ticket sales have been extended until May 1st. The show might close before or after that date, though.

Not sure if anyone has posted this as I told a couple of peeps but haven't been on here myself recently.

I spoke with a renowned UK Blogger who works in both London's West End and on Broadway, I asked if he'd heard any rumours about the play coming to the West End and this is what he told me:

"Doubt it -- show is not doing the biz here, and when I interviewed Steven Hoggett (choreographer) recently, he said that the talk for Europe is not to do theatre runs but to take it on an arena-style tour...."

Mark

So I guess its a case of lets wait and see :)

x

It think means that they'll do a travelling show rather than stick it in one theatre so I guess lots more people around Europe might get to see it :)

x

Not sure if anyone has posted this as I told a couple of peeps but haven't been on here myself recently.

I spoke with a renowned UK Blogger who works in both London's West End and on Broadway, I asked if he'd heard any rumours about the play coming to the West End and this is what he told me:

"Doubt it -- show is not doing the biz here, and when I interviewed Steven Hoggett (choreographer) recently, he said that the talk for Europe is not to do theatre runs but to take it on an arena-style tour...."

Mark

So I guess its a case of lets wait and see :)

x

That sounds very High School Musical. I am not sure if I like that idea.

It's an interesting idea. I imagine the set would have to be changed quite a bit but I could see this being successful. Hmmmmmm.

I'm not taking what he told me as gospel but it is an interesting idea and it would mean they'd considered people around the world and wanted as many fans/people as possible to get the chance to see the musical, which is a lovely idea :)

Tour makes me very happy. If it gets to Europe, I actually like that more.

Well, if it's in international tour, if it only tours the UK or something, then not, haha.

More people will see it if it's a traveling show, like the recent Spring Awakening. Not sure what he means by "Arena Show." Maybe he just means traveling show. I hope.

I don't really know how that's going to turn out, traveling shows or arena shows or whatever those are called. But it might be the only way for me to see the musical. At least it's something, so why not.. :happy:

I mean, I do want it to travel so that more people can see it.

But just I don't like the phrase "Arena Musical"

This.

That just sounds too...big. That's the thing with theatre is that it's intimate.

Rent at the Hollywood Bowl was a disaster.

As much as I'd love for people to be able to see it everywhere, why not just do a regular tour, like other shows do?

A regular theatre tour would be good. I would hate an arena tour. I don't think it would be good for the shows reputation. I mean Disney on Ice do arena shows.