American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

hey (again) I found someone who has the musical on YT =))

Not the best quality but seems to be complete

it's the Berkeley versionVideo

Yeah, that person has a lot of stuff. I remember finding SA on their account back in the day.

Heh... I seriously doubt that Gallagher would call out just to participate in the panel. He hates missing shows unless he's really sick or has a previous engagement. :) Just sayin'. It might just be a misprint. I'll ask him on Sunday.

Please do! The "previous engagement" could be the panel depending on what the production has asked (or told) him to do. The most puzzling thing in my mind anyway is that Michael Mayer would be at a panel interview about the show, at the same time that the show he's directing is actually having a performance...... you know the ways of B'way much much better than I do, is that something that can typically or even occasionally happen when a show is having some sort of off-stage event or publicity?

Regardless though............. EFFIN-A I'M FINALLY GOING TO SEE THE SHOW AGAIN, YEAAAAHHH!!! :banana: Hope Mrs. Bastard and I get a chance to meet you this time around!

Nope. Directors aren't required to be there at every performance. A director just leaves the floorplan, as you will, and the stage management and the other creatives call the show every day not the director. For example, back when the Spring Awakening tour was still happening. Michael was dealing with Idiot which was just starting on Broadway. However, the second to last week of the tour, Michael went down to see them leaving Idiot running fine. :)

When I said 'previous engagements,' I meant family or personal time like when he took time off for his cousin's wedding back home in Delaware. John is a major draw for the show. I know that people have requested a refund when he's been out, even if he's not above the title. So it was be a negative thing if he did the panel instead of the show.

• Like 1

BTW, Van is on for Tunny tonight with Ben on for both shows tomorrow. Alysha sprained her ankle and is out until at least Wednesday. Aspen's been covering her but just tweeted that she hurt her neck in the matinee so Corbin's probably now covering. Theo's been sick and Gerard and Miguel have been doing his track.

Also, although it hasn't been officially confirmed, a lead looks to be leaving mid-December. When an official announcement gets made, I (or someone else here) will surely post it. It's always nice to have a good audience for someone's last show so I hope people will go.

Also, although it hasn't been officially confirmed, a lead looks to be leaving mid-December. When an official announcement gets made, I (or someone else here) will surely post it. It's always nice to have a good audience for someone's last show so I hope people will go.

If it's Esper, I'm going to cry. =/

BTW, Van is on for Tunny tonight with Ben on for both shows tomorrow. Alysha sprained her ankle and is out until at least Wednesday. Aspen's been covering her but just tweeted that she hurt her neck in the matinee so Corbin's probably now covering. Theo's been sick and Gerard and Miguel have been doing his track.

Good God, and here I thought football and hockey were the only things brutal going on right now. :pinch:

If it's any of them I'm going to cry. :cry:

Of course but the show is proven to be brutal on the stamina and body so I figure it would be for a good reason.

I'm just being ~fangirly and hoping it's not Esper.

So, I got a confirmation but it's still underwraps. The cast member's last day is December 12th so if you'll around and/or already planning on going that day, there ya go. They have two shows that day but it'll probably be the evening show that will be the good-bye performance. :(

I got my ticket for my birthday present today!

Sat, December 11 at 8 PM (which is my god sister's birthday :happy: )

WHEE! I'M SO EXCITED!! :dance::runaround:

Okay if I can't see St Billie or go to any of the interviews...at least I can see the last show for the lead that is leaving. Have secured out tickets for the 7:30 pm show on December 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I got a confirmation but it's still underwraps. The cast member's last day is December 12th so if you'll around and/or already planning on going that day, there ya go. They have two shows that day but it'll probably be the evening show that will be the good-bye performance. :(

i thought you moved?

why you still talking to the cast?

someone wrote this on a broadway mb

Yeah Mary's rumored for How to Succeed. I know Alexis Grace from Season 8 of American Idol was auditioning for American Idiot today. Out of all the characters, I could see her fitting Heather the most. Would be a kinda stupid stunt cast though, no one knows who she is.

MY THOUGHTS

she looks like mary i could see her being heather

AND HELL NO IT WOULD NOT BE STUNT CASTING SHE DID NOT EVEN MAKE THE TOP TEN ON IDOL

NO NORMAL PERSON WOULD REMEMBER HER

i thought you moved?

why you still talking to the cast?

Wow... Way to sound rude.

Not that it's any of your concern, but plans change a bit. I'm in NY until Wednesday and going back to Florida on Sunday until early January.

Wow... Way to sound rude.

Not that it's any of your concern, but plans change a bit. I'm in NY until Wednesday and going back to Florida on Sunday until early January.

did not mean to sound rude

just curious :)

and i am assuming it's Mary leaving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcJYBeaPyKU

there's alexis on idol

i will leave you guys to debate if she should be in american idiot

did not mean to sound rude

just curious :)

and i am assuming it's Mary leaving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcJYBeaPyKU

there's alexis on idol

i will leave you guys to debate if she should be in american idiot

Assuming there's any truth to Mary being the one who's saying goodbye....Alexis does have a "look" or a presence that could make a decent Heather. Definitely has the pipes to carry a Broadway show too. If this is indeed what's going to happen next for the show (and for Alexis) it'll be very very interesting (and probably fun!) to see what Tom Kitt and the rest of the production crew, vocal coaches, etc. help mold her into. :)

that is great that mary faber has an oppotunity for a new hot show. she is amazing.

i thought mary was unfortunately miscast in the part. she is a beautifully talented woman and absolutely shines as a performer. i do look forward to seeing her in another show/performance someday but to me she was never well suited playing the character of heather.

most people dont agree with me and thats a-ok.

that is great that mary faber has an oppotunity for a new hot show. she is amazing.

i thought mary was unfortunately miscast in the part. she is a beautifully talented woman and absolutely shines as a performer. i do look forward to seeing her in another show/performance someday but to me she was never well suited playing the character of heather.

most people dont agree with me and thats a-ok.

Well, I'm one who does agree with you. I could never really see her and Will as a couple. To me, she was more believable as the "nobody-likes-you shopping mom" (a very quick moment). But, as you say, she's truly talented. She has an incredible voice! And she's just the nicest person as well. So, if it's her, I will probably feel less hurt than I would if it were any of the others. And I would wish her the most incredible success in her new role.

So, today was all kinds of crazy.

Christina was Whatsername, Libby was Extraordinary Girl, Ben was Tunny along with Corbin for Alysha, Lorin for Libby, and Kobak for Ben.

While Christina and Ben were great, I wasn't keen on Libby. She was better on 21 Guns but Extraordinary Girl didn't seem to fit well. :(

During "When It's Time," John stopped in the middle of the song and asked the person in the audience who was texting to kindly stop since the light was distracting. The entire audience applauded. He just went and continued the song.

Also, there was a guy in the second row who slept the entire show. People tried to wake him but he didn't wake. A few cast members were concerned that he wasn't breathing but he stirred so he was alive.

Strange night...

So, they officially made the announcement that Mary's in 'How to Succeed...' However, they didn't announce her departure or replacement for Idiot. But yes, she's leaving the 12th unless some craziness happens...

And my 5 cents about her being miscast... Of the three (her, Libby, and Leslie), I prefer Mary. I don't necessarily think it's her but the character itself. None of the characters are really fleshed out and I've always felt that Heather and Will weren't given much to work with. I could see a lot of potential with that couple if the direction was different.

Oh, Johnny said that he didn't know about the January 9th thing and wasn't asked. He would love to do it but he doesn't want to miss any more shows for the rest of his contract.

I've always felt that Heather and Will weren't given much to work with.

I'd have to concur, at least based on the one time I saw the show back in April. The important thing to keep in mind is that their characters don't exist in the AI album's storyline in any way/shape/form -- at least how I interpret it anyway. The only song in the show that I find really helps define their characters, or at least what's gone wrong with them, is "Too Much Too Soon" -- and that song's just a B-side, it's otherwise not part of the AI album at all....so Michael (Mayer) and Billie spun these two characters essentially out of thin air.

That being said, Mary and Michael Esper have done a really nice job basically turning this nothing into something -- they (and particularly Esper) really do have their own play-within-a-play going on over at his end of the stage. You can't ever take your eyes off of what's going on -- or going on around -- that couch without missing something. And Mary's delivery of that MILF-on-the-go "noooooboooooody likes you...!!" verse at the begininng of Letterbomb is just spot-on perfection. Sucks that I won't get a chance to see her perform again since she'll be gone from the cast by the Jan 9th gig.

Also sucks that the show will now be -1 hottie, but that's a subject for a different thread. :eyebrow:

Oh, Johnny said that he didn't know about the January 9th thing and wasn't asked. He would love to do it but he doesn't want to miss any more shows for the rest of his contract.

I smell a cluster-fuck!! :lol:

So, today was all kinds of crazy.

Christina was Whatsername, Libby was Extraordinary Girl, Ben was Tunny along with Corbin for Alysha, Lorin for Libby, and Kobak for Ben.

While Christina and Ben were great, I wasn't keen on Libby. She was better on 21 Guns but Extraordinary Girl didn't seem to fit well. :(

During "When It's Time," John stopped in the middle of the song and asked the person in the audience who was texting to kindly stop since the light was distracting. The entire audience applauded. He just went and continued the song.

Also, there was a guy in the second row who slept the entire show. People tried to wake him but he didn't wake. A few cast members were concerned that he wasn't breathing but he stirred so he was alive.

Strange night...

Someone actually recorded that part of When It's Time when John calls the texter out. They're like "oh, isn't this great," but I find it kind of hypocritical considering they're illegally recording the show when they're not supposed to be. :rolleyes:

And my 5 cents about her being miscast... Of the three (her, Libby, and Leslie), I prefer Mary. I don't necessarily think it's her but the character itself. None of the characters are really fleshed out and I've always felt that Heather and Will weren't given much to work with. I could see a lot of potential with that couple if the direction was different.

Yea, I actually really like Mary in that part, truth to tell. I always thought she gave a strong woman performance for a character who has to make a lot of decisions. I also liked her voice.

Thanks for asking him about that last night. I just love they well they treat them like meat and don't even tell 'em stuff is happening, lol.

But, when you say, "rest of his contract," does that mean... he's leaving when it's up?

Nice seeing you last night, btw. Crazy night, lol.