American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

One of our local radio stations announced a Green Day contest with the winner getting tickets to AI plus 2 additional Broadway shows. MUST look more into this!

We had a contest like that over here when the musical first opened! I didn't win, obviously. :(

:P

We had a contest like that over here when the musical first opened! I didn't win, obviously. :(

:P

The problem with this one is the times they pick the "winners." Well not actually winners. First they pick a group of potential winners and then you have to be around at the exact time they pull your name and call back in. All of those times are when I'm at work and can't listen to the radio. I'm sure they do that for ratings for non-drive time hours.

Oh well. Not going to win, or enter, I guess!

The problem with this one is the times they pick the "winners." Well not actually winners. First they pick a group of potential winners and then you have to be around at the exact time they pull your name and call back in. All of those times are when I'm at work and can't listen to the radio. I'm sure they do that for ratings for non-drive time hours.

well it may be worth a shot? :happy:

what radio station?

OMFG YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I'M LEAVING FOR NEW YORK IN UNDER AN HOUR TO GO AND SEE THE MUSICAL TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7:00 PM HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :woot: :woot: :woot:

HAVE FUN!! YOURE GONNA LOVE IT!

OMFG YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I'M LEAVING FOR NEW YORK IN UNDER AN HOUR TO GO AND SEE THE MUSICAL TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7:00 PM HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I hope you have a great time, Mallory. :D

Playbill is saying the Billie Joe and Michael Mayer will take part in the New York Times' 10th annual Arts & Leisure Weekend - looks like Jan 9th.

"Times theatre contributor Patrick Healy will interview Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong and American Idiot director and co-author Michael Mayer about the rock musical that aims to capture a moment in America's disenchanted history."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/144852-Times-Arts-Leisure-Interviews-to-Include-Kevin-Spacey-Billie-Joe-Armstong-Tim-Rice-Julie-Taymor?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4cdc403c85b91ac9,0

Another thing I wish I could go to!

Edited by KMH

On the site, it says this:

The vocalist/guitarist of Green Day and the director who co-wrote the TonyAward-winning Broadway musical “American Idiot” with him are joined by the show’s Tony Award-winning star, singer-songwriter John Gallagher Jr.

Um... I'm pretty sure there's a show at 7:30pm. Huh. :unsure:

Playbill is saying the Billie Joe and Michael Mayer will take part in the New York Times' 10th annual Arts & Leisure Weekend - looks like Jan 9th.

"Times theatre contributor Patrick Healy will interview Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong and American Idiot director and co-author Michael Mayer about the rock musical that aims to capture a moment in America's disenchanted history."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/144852-Times-Arts-Leisure-Interviews-to-Include-Kevin-Spacey-Billie-Joe-Armstong-Tim-Rice-Julie-Taymor?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4cdc403c85b91ac9,0

ooooo I wanna go. I wonder if Billie's going to be doing anything else while he's in New York... :whistle

Well, I just bought tickets. I'm such a sucker for this sort of thing. Plus, I saw Alan Cumming at one last year and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Tiny, tiny, intimate little room. Plus, not to get hopes up, but lots of the guests do signings afterwards. Or at least, they did last year. So I'd say to people: buy tickets now!

Being broke...:cry:

Just ordered my ticket! :woot: Man American Idiot front row then this! What a good birthday!

Wow, there is a bunch of those I'd like to go to, including Kevin Spacey and the Wainwrights. Not to mention the cast of Boardwalk Empire. Thanks for posting that!

dammitttttt i wont be in ny!

Ugh...thank God I just got a job.

Who knows when I'm gonna get my paycheck, though.

I wanna buy my ticket now.

http://blogs.thestage.co.uk/shenton/2010/04/rockin-on-broadway-but-where-are-the-ori/#more

I'm sure this has been posted but I hadn't seen it til today, a quick review and thoughts on the state of 'New Music' on Broadway, the guy actually suggests that maybe GD should write something entirely new for Broadway :)

http://blogs.thestage.co.uk/shenton/2010/04/rockin-on-broadway-but-where-are-the-ori/#more

I'm sure this has been posted but I hadn't seen it til today, a quick review and thoughts on the state of 'New Music' on Broadway, the guy actually suggests that maybe GD should write something entirely new for Broadway :)

I remember Mayer talking in an interview/article that Billie said that he [billie] should write something just for the theatre and Mayer direct it back in Berkeley. That'd be really cool!

Both of these things are cool, and I hope the first one will be recorded (and released, haha), and that the second one happens. :happy:

Welp, the wife ("Mrs. Bastard") and I will be in NYC for the AIOB festivities on the 9th! Got 2 IC front row tix for the 3pm matinee :woot: and 2 tix for the 8pm convo interview.

So where's the meetup going to be? If J'net's coming too we *have* to find a good middle-eastern place in midtown -- got a promise to keep. :D

Um... I'm pretty sure there's a show at 7:30pm. Huh. :unsure:

Three little words: Understudy. For. Johnny. I agree it's kinda weird, I wonder if they're going to wind up canceling the 7:30 performance on the 9th?

Three little words: Understudy. For. Johnny. I agree it's kinda weird, I wonder if they're going to wind up canceling the 7:30 performance on the 9th?

Heh... I seriously doubt that Gallagher would call out just to participate in the panel. He hates missing shows unless he's really sick or has a previous engagement. :) Just sayin'. It might just be a misprint. I'll ask him on Sunday.