American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!

I'm going to the states and I'll get to go see it either Mid-Nov (when I arrive) or Mid-Dec (before I leave) I'm so excited!

Billie better get his butt back to NY. :D

Any advice for maxing out the awesomeness of the of the whole experience? :)

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!

I'm going to the states and I'll get to go see it either Mid-Nov (when I arrive) or Mid-Dec (before I leave) I'm so excited!

Billie better get his butt back to NY. :D

Any advice for maxing out the awesomeness of the of the whole experience? :)

:woot: yay!!

Um. not really...just enjoy, pretty much. :P

Ben Thompson is on for Tunny this afternoon. Don't know if he's on for the evening as well. :) First time an understudy has gone on for the leads. (Van is technically a standby) :lol:

Do you think tickets for this will be more expensive at Easter? Because that's when I'm going to NY.

Nope. Prices generally stay the same during the holidays. Only when something big happens (like Billie as St. Jimmy) have they raised prices. You can check out the prices now at Telecharge.com. I have to say, though, that the closer you get to the date of the performance, they might might release the Premium seats for the regular price. So, instead of paying $200 something, it'll be only $127 or whatever the regular seat price is. :) Word to the wise.

Nope. Prices generally stay the same during the holidays. Only when something big happens (like Billie as St. Jimmy) have they raised prices. You can check out the prices now at Telecharge.com. I have to say, though, that the closer you get to the date of the performance, they might might release the Premium seats for the regular price. So, instead of paying $200 something, it'll be only $127 or whatever the regular seat price is. :) Word to the wise.

saw the show for the first time today.

i think ben did an excellent job as tunny.

not that i would know how stark does, but hey.

and i was standing next to michael esper outside st. james about an hour and a half before the show and didn't even say hello.

*facepalm*

anyways, i loved the show.

i waited outside for awhile afterwards for autographs but not many people came out. ben did, which i thought was cool.

he mentioned how it was his first time playing tunny and that he was nervous. but he did fantastic.

and he was really sweet.

anyone from gdc go to the show at 2pm earlier today?

Aww... Ben... he's a sweetheart. He went on a few times in Berkeley but yeah, it's his first time on Broadway. I'm glad that you liked him. :) And you should have totally talked to Esper. He would have loved to have talked to you.

I can't believe it...I'm sooo happy right now. Just booked my flight to NY in December and I ordered the tickets for AI too! I'm going to fly to NY and see AI!!!! Incredible!

Oh and I'm looking forward to awesome christmasshopping aswell! :dance:

I got my tickets for April, we are in NYC for 3 shows so I willl probably get tickets for another night too. I will have to see how funds are nearer to the time!

Glad to see so many people are still traveling to see this. You're going to love it! And Christmas shopping in New York is pretty great too. :)

can't wait to see the show again! i'd do lotto like every day if i lived in manhattan, hahah. i bought tix for may 1st right after they announced tickets being on sale until that date. lovely way to celebrate a 22nd birthday, too!

My mom mentioned today that she wants to go to New York.... I responded by saying "I think we should too.." And she said "Matt, you only want to go because of American Idiot."

One of our local radio stations announced a Green Day contest with the winner getting tickets to AI plus 2 additional Broadway shows. MUST look more into this!

My mom mentioned today that she wants to go to New York.... I responded by saying "I think we should too.." And she said "Matt, you only want to go because of American Idiot."

haha :woot:

Uh, yeah. And her point is???!!!!

OMFG YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I'M LEAVING FOR NEW YORK IN UNDER AN HOUR TO GO AND SEE THE MUSICAL TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7:00 PM HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :woot: :woot: :woot:

So has it been confirmed that May 1st is now the last date for the show?

No, tickets have been extended until then. Officially, the running of the show is open-ended. The last show could be called before, on or after May 1st so...-shrugs-

Awwww that's great Mal! I hope you have a blast! :D

Thank you, Jaymee! :dance: I'm betting I will. So fucking excited! :D

OMFG YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I'M LEAVING FOR NEW YORK IN UNDER AN HOUR TO GO AND SEE THE MUSICAL TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7:00 PM HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Ooooh, have fun! You're gonna love it, I guarantee it! :D

I'm surprised nobody has reported on the Saturday night and Sunday matinee shows! Saturday night Theo COMPLETELY forgot the last line to the first verse of TMTS ("its now her occupation that she's overqualified") and instead started singing the first line of the song again. About four words in, he realized his mistake and just began singing sort of random syllables and finished the line with "qualified". It was hilarious. I was impressed that Alysha didn't react to it at all. But I talked to her after the show, and she hadn't heard it happen but had instead found Libby doubled over in laughter backstage right before Alysha went on. Her little vocal riff at the end of that song was one I've never heard her do before, and it was FANTASTIC. Probably my favorite of all the ones I've heard her do.

Then on Saturday during JoS, Ben dropped the backpack but he managed to cover it just fine and throw it to Declan. Who then proceeded to way overshoot the throw to Esper and throw it straight off the stage and into the aisle by the front row. An audience member just threw it right back up though, lucky for Esper. Although I must say, Esper's face at realizing what had just happened was pretty funny. He completely managed to react in character though. I think some of audience didn't even realize anything had gone truly wrong.

OH and I met Michael Mayer for the first time Sunday afternoon! Just ran into him as I was heading into the lobby after the show. Nobody had noticed him, so I just said hi and showed him my AI tattoo (the heart/cross St. Jimmy symbol). He seemed really enthralled with it and drew one right next to where signed my playbill. It was really nice getting to chat with him, I have so much respect for him as an artist.

Ok. Excessively long post is over now.

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody has reported on the Saturday night and Sunday matinee shows! Saturday night Theo COMPLETELY forgot the last line to the first verse of TMTS ("its now her occupation that she's overqualified") and instead started singing the first line of the song again. About four words in, he realized his mistake and just began singing sort of random syllables and finished the line with "qualified". It was hilarious. I was impressed that Alysha didn't react to it at all. But I talked to her after the show, and she hadn't heard it happen but had instead found Libby doubled over in laughter backstage right before Alysha went on. Her little vocal riff at the end of that song was one I've never heard her do before, and it was FANTASTIC. Probably my favorite of all the ones I've heard her do.

Heh... I don't have the sound clip to embed here but I reblogged it on my Tumblr. Link

Then on Saturday during JoS, Ben dropped the backpack but he managed to cover it just fine and throw it to Declan. Who then proceeded to way overshoot the throw to Esper and throw it straight off the stage and into the aisle by the front row. An audience member just threw it right back up though, lucky for Esper. Although I must say, Esper's face at realizing what had just happened was pretty funny. He completely managed to react in character though. I think some of audience didn't even realize anything had gone truly wrong.

Aww... I didn't hear that. That's funny. :D