American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

hmmm i think ill still plan on going at the end of January. it would be very, very strange to see it with a different cast.

May 1st.... well I'll be damned, my break starts April 30th. Which means that as of now (if it doesn't close early), I can technically go.

Now to find a way to find money and parents' permission. Although you do raise a good point, that it's very well possible that by then there is only little of the OBC left...

Is it unusual that contracts get extended on Broadway?

It varies. It depends if they have another project in the works or if they want a breather. Hate to say it, but it more likely for the ensemble to stay compared to the leads because the leads are more likely to have a better chance to get another project. :(

As far as extending for certain people... I believe that it was originally reported that John's contract was up at the beginning of September but he extended it to January. For him, he's been part of "American Idiot" since 2007 so he could extend to May but he could also be a little burned out from it and decides to try different things. Last Sunday, he was talking about going to try a record an album this Spring.

Stark filmed that HBO pilot which might be picked up plus he's also getting married, so he's probably not going to extend.

Esper... I haven't heard much on his post-Idiot plans. He probably would want to get back to do plays, I would imagine. Don't know if he has anything lined up, though. I don't know anything about Tony, either.

Mary's rumored to be in Earnest How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, so she'll probably be gone. I haven't heard anything solid about Rebecca or Christina. There was a rumor of Rebecca doing Sister Act but I think that was just a rumor.

BTW, the Playbill Yearbook 2009-2010 came out and Christina was the one who was interviewed. Guess which (former?) GDCer she mentions? :)

2uy3ndi.jpg

someone posted this on a broadway site

American Idiot has a lot of plans to keep the show running till at least next summer. Very exciting casting that is yet to be confirmed or a done deal

this rumor tann

this rumor tann

Thanks! I didnt see that. Someone on Twitter said that the show has been extended to October now? Though it seems tickets are only on sale though May, right?

Anyway, whatever happens, as long as it stays open, that is good news indeed!

So the tickets have been extended till May

and Tony's contract ends in Jan

And there is rumour of a celeb joining

.... hmmmm.

Awh damn, so January 31st isn't the last showing of the musical :lol:

Oh well, at least we still get to see it!! :dance:

Yes! And actors extending their contracts isn't rare at all. People come in and leave shows pretty much all the time.

I really, really want Billie to come back for another week or so in the future as long as it doesn't burn him out. We know he's not really up to just sitting around these days....

A week or so is one thing but if he has ideas he can take it over full time ... I dunno. Maybe i'm thinking too far ahead.

But that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Surely his body needs a break.

So it definitely has been extended?? Because I may be going to NYC next Easter! :woot::runaround:

rumors are Billie is coming back in November Or January

January is really good for Billie to come back. After Holiday season, January/February is a very slow time of the year for Broadway shows for some reason so Billie could bring in a crowd.

I agree with Moffie, it's more likely that if Billie was coming back, it'd be in January.

Still can't help but hope he'll be back in November. Early November. The ninth of November, to be exact. o_o

:lol:

And Plaid, who was the former GDC member Christina mentioned ...? I don't know people's real names very well around here, despite having been a GDC member myself for years and years now. :sleep:

As far as extending for certain people... I believe that it was originally reported that John's contract was up at the beginning of September but he extended it to January. For him, he's been part of "American Idiot" since 2007 so he could extend to May but he could also be a little burned out from it and decides to try different things. Last Sunday, he was talking about going to try a record an album this Spring.

If John seriously does record an album, I will literally dance with joy. :runaround:

Well, he has been saying he would for years but his schedule always got busy. I surely hope he does, though. Then again, I kinda wish that he would reprise his role for the film version of 'Farragut North' that Clooney's going to start filming in late February.

And Plaid, who was the former GDC member Christina mentioned ...? I don't know people's real names very well around here, despite having been a GDC member myself for years and years now. :sleep:

I only recognized Justin's name. He used to be MassHysteria on GDC, not sure if he is still on here or not. It's been awhile since he posted. I think that lavender haired Lauren might be the girl who won the video contest along with Katie McPansy? The one who supposedly dissed all the GD fans? :lol:

I only recognized Justin's name. He used to be MassHysteria on GDC, not sure if he is still on here or not. It's been awhile since he posted. I think that lavender haired Lauren might be the girl who won the video contest along with Katie McPansy? The one who supposedly dissed all the GD fans? :lol:

I only vaugely heard about this Lauren girl --- And I may be getting her confused with another Lauren/someone else here on GDC. Do share all the gritty details! :o

I would think the lavender haired Lauren mentioned is indeed the one that won the contest along with Katie. Considering I don't think there are that many lavender haired Laurens who really like the musical, haha.

^ And that Lauren is not Lauren from GDC.

It varies. It depends if they have another project in the works or if they want a breather. Hate to say it, but it more likely for the ensemble to stay compared to the leads because the leads are more likely to have a better chance to get another project. :(

Stark filmed that HBO pilot which might be picked up plus he's also getting married, so he's probably not going to extend.

Esper... I haven't heard much on his post-Idiot plans. He probably would want to get back to do plays, I would imagine. Don't know if he has anything lined up, though. I don't know anything about Tony, either.

Mary's rumored to be in Earnest How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, so she'll probably be gone. I haven't heard anything solid about Rebecca or Christina. There was a rumor of Rebecca doing Sister Act but I think that was just a rumor.

BTW, the Playbill Yearbook 2009-2010 came out and Christina was the one who was interviewed. Guess which (former?) GDCer she mentions? :)

http://i51.tinypic.com/2uy3ndi.jpg

Ah, okay, thanks. Meh =(

Oh well. From what I've heard on here, the understudies are pretty great as well.

That's pretty cool that she mentions Justin!

I just told Justin to come over here and see the article.

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind if Billie Joe came back as St Jimmie through the holidays. I'm hoping to see this again in mid-December. Seeing him would be a treat. But it won't stop me from seeing it. Now, just have to decide which day to go.

I just told Justin to come over here and see the article.

Yeah, where's he been lately?

Yeah, where's he been lately?

I don't know if he has regular Internet access since he moved to the Oakland area a few months ago. And, he's got a girlfriend, so he might be busy with her. He's not on Facebook so much anymore, either.

January is really good for Billie to come back. After Holiday season, January/February is a very slow time of the year for Broadway shows for some reason so Billie could bring in a crowd.

Would be seriously awesome if he did. My bet's for a couple of weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's if it pans out....peak holiday season, lots of potential attendees in NYC that time of year and he'd be a HUGE draw for the show again.

I don't know if he has regular Internet access since he moved to the Oakland area a few months ago. And, he's got a girlfriend, so he might be busy with her. He's not on Facebook so much anymore, either.

Nor has he updated his Idiot Buzz site since late June. Sounds like he's busy which is good for him. Just bad for us!

Tell him he's missed if you get a chance!