American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I've wanted to see this for a while. Anyone know if they have any plans of closing the show soon? Also, how good is the show?

Just a reminder: Van is on for Johnny tonight and both show tomorrow.

Also, Gallagher is having another gig at Rockwood on Sunday at 11 (or whenever he gets on the stage... LOL.)

Who do you guys think does the best facial expressions in the cast?

it is amazing they never break and laugh

Might be Theo. :)

I've wanted to see this for a while. Anyone know if they have any plans of closing the show soon? Also, how good is the show?

Ummm, read back a ways - how long the show will continue is one of the subjects under heavy discussion. And YES the show is good. LOL. It has a few detractors, both in the theater community and the Green Day fanbase, but I'm pretty sure most of us who hang in this thread love the show. SEE IT.

The first time I saw this show was with St.Billie, I live in the UK so there was no way I could go over just to see the musical. Don't get me wrong Billie was amazing but I can't help but think about what differences he made to the character ect. I kinda wish I'd seen it before to have a comparison. But Billie was amazing, I didn't realise how much control he has over his voice! I really hope this tours or comes to London at some point because I can't stop listening to the CD and playing it out in my head. I managed to see the show twice, on the 2nd and the last show on the 3rd, we went with the intention of only going on the saturday but because we loved it so much and couldn't get enough we bought restricted view in the left box! My favourite part of the whole show was Give Me Novacaine (annd all the parts that had Billie in), the emotion in that song really got to me. I wanna see it again now :(

Another blooper: Declan as Rock & Roll Boyfriend fell off the couch and almost took Libby out with him. Heh...

The revolving door of standbys, understudies, and swings continued tonight with Van!Johnny, Libby!Heather, Corbin!Libby, Aspen!Alysha, Syd!Miguel, JoKo!BCJ, Rock & Roll Declan. :thumbsup:

The show is amazing!! You won't regret spending money on it.

Right now, they aren't extending ticket sales past the end of January, and it hasn't been grossing too much lately, so tentatively, it's most likely closing late January. BUT there's no official word yet. But I would definitely try to go sooner rather than later.

The show is amazing!! You won't regret spending money on it.

Right now, they aren't extending ticket sales past the end of January, and it hasn't been grossing too much lately, so tentatively, it's most likely closing late January. BUT there's no official word yet. But I would definitely try to go sooner rather than later.

That sounds sweet! It also helps that I'm a musical junkie as well as a Green Day one, so I gotta go fast! Thanks!

That sounds sweet! It also helps that I'm a musical junkie as well as a Green Day one, so I gotta go fast! Thanks!

I can definitely understand that as a self-proclaimed Green Day AND Broadway dork. :P

BCJ?

FIgures the last thing on fox before the signal was pulled (FUCK YOU CABLEVISION) was an advertisement for american idiot on broadway

BCJ?

FIgures the last thing on fox before the signal was pulled (FUCK YOU CABLEVISION) was an advertisement for american idiot on broadway

Are you asking who that is? 'BCJ' is Brian Charles Johnson, Ensemble Member.

suhdfkjxvsdufhkj The St. James was just on the news a minute ago, apparently there's going to be some kind of rally happening there that has to do with the midterm elections? Random, but awesome :lol:

suhdfkjxvsdufhkj The St. James was just on the news a minute ago, apparently there's going to be some kind of rally happening there that has to do with the midterm elections? Random, but awesome :lol:

That actually is pretty awesome, haha! :lol:

The first time I saw this show was with St.Billie, I live in the UK so there was no way I could go over just to see the musical. Don't get me wrong Billie was amazing but I can't help but think about what differences he made to the character ect. I kinda wish I'd seen it before to have a comparison. But Billie was amazing, I didn't realise how much control he has over his voice! I really hope this tours or comes to London at some point because I can't stop listening to the CD and playing it out in my head. I managed to see the show twice, on the 2nd and the last show on the 3rd, we went with the intention of only going on the saturday but because we loved it so much and couldn't get enough we bought restricted view in the left box! My favourite part of the whole show was Give Me Novacaine (annd all the parts that had Billie in), the emotion in that song really got to me. I wanna see it again now :(

:thumbsup: same here :blush:

Hey, what is this? Is this today? Cause if it is, I'm heading over there... can you be more specific or give a link to what you found?

I'm totally with ya, Rose. I went to the Sat. matinee but figured I flew from Detroit for one day for this may as well see the late show too - I loved Billie's acting - his timing with the other actors - the way he comes between the lovers - and the comedy - what a great show - and meeting new fans! So much fun - I love your photography too - the NY shots are nice.

I was told that rally is tomorrow (Monday). Don't know what else. Sorry. :(

Thanks, hopefully someone will have some info soon. Cause what's a rally with no info and no one goes, lol?

I seriously can't find anything on the Internet about it. Weird. And you were told a time?

I'm totally with ya, Rose. I went to the Sat. matinee but figured I flew from Detroit for one day for this may as well see the late show too - I loved Billie's acting - his timing with the other actors - the way he comes between the lovers - and the comedy - what a great show - and meeting new fans! So much fun - I love your photography too - the NY shots are nice.

It was so magical! Meeting new fans was amazing too, I can't remember how many people we met but they were all so lovely and couldn't believe we cam from the UK to see it :P

Ahhh thank youu, that site needs updating though! Don't think I've added any new pictures since last year!

So, Johnny had another gig last night at Rockwood. His parents joined him on stage for two songs as well. :wub:

He was out of the show Friday, Saturday, and the Sunday matinee due to a family wedding in Delaware so his whole family came out to Rockwood. They were so happy to see him play, especially his eldest sister since she lives on the West Coast.

Anyways, here's one video of No Scorn and Still Sixteen:

His next gig is Sunday, November 14th at 11pm.

That's really nice about John. I wanted to go last night, but I went to see the Dead Kennedys on Friday and then another band on Saturday and I was just pooped by Sunday night. Do you know when he plays again?

This is interesting. Broadway World is having a special on discount tickets for American Idiot for June/July!

SAVE UP TO 40% ON AMERICAN IDIOT FROM JUNE 29 and JULY 3:

Here's the link.

nest year?

and theres's no link tann

nest year?

and theres's no link tann

Yea, I just fixed that.

Scratch that, it's an old link. Funny, I just got it in my mailbox today. Stupid.