American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I'll be there on Wednesday in the front mezz!

There was a line out the box office door of the St. James alllllllllllll day today. I'll probably be playing lotto Friday-Sunday too.

damnnnnnnnnnn...I could imagine.

I'm gonna be there on Saturday. I had to scrap up all the cash I could. I realized that I CAN NOT miss this.

Ugh...the things I do for Green Day.

Or to have a strange Youtube name so no one can track you. I'm betting there will be a bootleg because things like this are very hard to pass up- especially in the "Broadway Underworld." ;)

But anyway...

Welllll if anyone catches a bootleg.... please let me know? pretty pretty please?

I'll be looking myself as well, but I'm really not good at finding stuff on youtube, haha.

Same here, if anyone happens to find a bootleg or videos or whatever, please let me know! I just have to see this in some way :ninja::happy:

California. Again.

There's talk of a tour starting in the future (of course) and California is pretty much a hot spot for Broadway Tours. Most shows talk of having a tour and some happen and some don't but who knows?

There's talk of a tour starting in the future (of course) and California is pretty much a hot spot for Broadway Tours. Most shows talk of having a tour and some happen and some don't but who knows?

I know alot of shows come here to la. Maybe this one hits the pantages theater!! :woot:

I know alot of shows come here to la. Maybe this one hits the pantages theater!! :woot:

I wouldn't doubt it. Places like in San Francisco, Costa Mesa...probably Pantages Theatre. Plus, Green Day is from California! Why the hell would they skip that state if there's a tour? :lol:

I wouldn't doubt it. Places like in San Francisco, Costa Mesa...probably Pantages Theatre. Plus, Green Day is from California! Why the hell would they skip that state if there's a tour? :lol:

Well billies not a big fan of los angeles... :cry:

It appears after Billie Joe's run as St. Jimmy through the 3rd, Andrew Call will be on as 10/5-10/7, and Josh Koback 10/8-10/10. Don't shoot the messenger if it's wrong, this is based off of someone's stagedoor conversations. lol.

I'm really interested to hear your take on the St. Jimmy performers. My preference and feelings are almost exactly opposite to yours - isn't it funny how different people perceive the same things in different ways? After seeing Andrew do St. Jimmy twice last weekend, this is what I told my friends who were there with me:

Andrew is very talented, and if I'd never seen Tony do the part, I would probably think he's great, but there are some things that just make Tony's performance stronger for me. First of all, I see more emotion in the way Tony plays it - I can see so much conflict going on inside St. Jimmy just from his body language and facial expressions. Also, Tony looks the part of "heroin" which is part of what St. Jimmy signifies - Andrew is a little too healthy looking to me.
But the only part that really doesn't work for me as far as Andrew is concerned is Last Night on Earth
. He sings it beautifully - I love his voice, but his voice doesn't blend with the others to make a beautiful, cohesive "whole" the way Tony's does.

I think it's hilarious that we have such a different take on LNOE, but we obviously both noticed that the two guys are quite different in the way they perform it.

Now, how much more opposite could we be? :lol: I will say I'm delighted I've seen them both do the part, but I was really happy Tony was back on Sunday. I would have hated to miss him at what might be my last opportunity to see the show.

I also mentioned to my companions, after seeing the show again on Sunday with Andrew in his usual places, that I really like him a lot when he's not playing St. Jimmy. What he does in his usual characters seems to fit better for some reason. He's an incredibly talented guy, but St. Jimmy is one of those characters that I think most of us have visualized so strongly in our minds - it would be difficult for more than one person to fit into the role successfully.

I think it's fascinating that we all have our own points of view that can be so radically different and still have some rationale behind them so that they make sense. I'm just disappointed I missed seeing you this trip. We could probably discuss this one aspect of the show for hours without getting tired!

Heh... yeah, I will admit that who you saw first in a role does change your mind on how a role is done and Andrew was my first St. Jimmy so when I first saw Tony, I was somewhat comparing him to Andrew even if it's Tony's role.

I find it hilarious, too, that our views are completely opposite, especially about LNOE. :lol: Then again, I only hear Andrew!Jimmy in Berkeley so I have no clue if he's changed his interpretation on Broadway. Here's his LNOE from Berkeley if you want to compare: link I don't know. I prefer how it's not as 'showy' as Tony's version...

I guess the whole "heroin" vs. "healthy" goes along with how you interpret St. Jimmy's relationship to Johnny. If one looks at St. Jimmy as Johnny's vice... the part of him that he's suppress all these years, then the "heroin" look that Tony does works. But if you view him as a figment of Johnny, then you would assume that they would look similar because they are the same person. Then again, that's my view on the two different interpretation. Yours is probably completely different. :thumbsup:

I think that will all the characters of "American Idiot" that whenever someone steps into a role whether it's their regular role or a role they understudy, they do have their own way of doing things. I believe it's one of the main reasons why a good number of people see "American Idiot" so many times whenever they hear that an understudy is on. Purely because they either want to see another interpretation of the character or they've seen that person on for that character and they want to see them again. For example, this coming week, besides Billie!Jimmy, Miguel will be on for Theo from Wednesday to Sunday. I've seen Theo!Theo and Gerard!Theo so I can't wait to see Miguel!Theo. Heh...

Anyways, yeah, I'm sad that I didn't see you on Saturday either. My parents were visiting and I was suppose to take my dad but my mom suddenly had to go to the ER so we weren't able to go. She's fine now and back home in Florida. However, I'm seeing the show on Friday and once again on the 10th when Kobak's on for Jimmy. So, if I had seen the show last Saturday, I would have gotten a different Jimmy every weekend. LOL.

I really want to jump in on this discussion about understudies and such- I love seeing different interpretations of the same character but it's 6am, maybe later. About St. Jimmys, though...I haven't seen Andrew, but I love, love, LOVE Josh Koback's St. Jimmy. Totally blew me away the first time I saw him, and I really wasn't expecting it. He plays St. Jimmy as a separate character from Johnny, as a real person, rather than representing Johnny's vice or another side of Johnny. At least that's what me and my friend got from his performance. *shrugs* I find it fascinating, though, how many interpretations there are for the character.

Original Broadway cast member and current "St. Jimmy," Tony Vincent, will resume performances on Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010 after taking leave because of a personal family matter. Vincent's understudies, Joshua Kobak and Andrew Call, will cover the role from Oct. 5-10.

Thanks, I read that in another thread. Too bad I'll be missing out on Tony, but oh well, what can you do.

I don't feel like I'm one to complain at the moment :D

Sweet, let's talk on the evil FB, or I'll PM you my number!

Sorry you're gonna see Billie in the show for the time your here. But that should be great... or at least interesting, lol.

I don't have facebook (like you say it is evil LOL).

But when are you going to the musical? Maybe we will see each other there? I'm just assuming you are going this week to see Billie.

I'm going on Thursday, Friday (with my family, though), and Sunday at 8 PM. And October 6 :P So to anyone going, see you there!! =)

And you'll never ever hear me complain about seeing Billie, so that's okay ;)

Broadway Billie Joe Makes His Broadway Debut and London Billie Joe on B'way Flashback Moment

Just in case you feel like doing some reading, I wrote about this above, and about a moment at the London O2 show last year where he did one of the moves from the musical in front of me. Ah, memories...

I really want to jump in on this discussion about understudies and such- I love seeing different interpretations of the same character but it's 6am, maybe later. About St. Jimmys, though...I haven't seen Andrew, but I love, love, LOVE Josh Koback's St. Jimmy. Totally blew me away the first time I saw him, and I really wasn't expecting it. He plays St. Jimmy as a separate character from Johnny, as a real person, rather than representing Johnny's vice or another side of Johnny. At least that's what me and my friend got from his performance. *shrugs* I find it fascinating, though, how many interpretations there are for the character.

I've seen Koback do it once. He was excellent. Loved his interpretation.

I don't have facebook (like you say it is evil LOL).

But when are you going to the musical? Maybe we will see each other there? I'm just assuming you are going this week to see Billie.

I'm going on Thursday, Friday (with my family, though), and Sunday at 8 PM. And October 6 :P So to anyone going, see you there!! =)

And you'll never ever hear me complain about seeing Billie, so that's okay ;)

I'll be there Thursday! Hey, I got you confused with Miss_Ing for a moment. Are you the Ingrid from Norway that went to the FBHT show in London?

i really feel like if you see the show more then once you should be able to bring your ticket back and be able to get a discount

49 bucks for balcony is a crime

i really feel like if you see the show more then once you should be able to bring your ticket back and be able to get a discount

49 bucks for balcony is a crime

Welcome to Broadway! One of the reasons why I don't go too often!

Welcome to Broadway! One of the reasons why I don't go too often!

no but someone said they are NOT doing lotto this week

and i really have no money

so this sucks i have no idea what to do

like i said it's not official

someone said they heard someone say it yesterday

I'll wait for an official announcement, if any. Until then, I call bullshit.

I heard yesterday that would be no lotto this week also.

Oh. :rolleyes: I get why but c'mon...Will they still have the "lotto loser" tickets at the same price or are those going up for the week, too?

Oh. :rolleyes: I get why but c'mon...Will they still have the "lotto loser" tickets at the same price or are those going up for the week, too?

Don't know. Someone should call them and find out. Or ask them on Facebook or Twitter.

Hey guys! Random jump in here :)

I'm coming to see the show on Saturday October 2nd at 8pm. Me and Rosie (GreenDayRose here on the forum) are flying in from London Heathrow on Thursday, spending some tourist time in New York City and then seeing the show on Saturday, before going home on Monday. We literally decided to go yesterday and it's now fully booked and we're ready to go :) :) So excited!!

It'd be awesome to see any of you guys who are going to be there too!

• Like 1

Don't know. Someone should call them and find out. Or ask them on Facebook or Twitter.

just spoke to someone at jujamcyn. they claim they are going to get back to me with an answer to that.

• Like 1