American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

hi guys - it's been a while since i've been on here, been busy. but i stopped by the theatre last night after the show, watched the talk-back, and then asked billie to sign my guitar. it's pretty :) i'm ecstatic. i'm not sure i can actually play it anymore!

http://plixi.com/p/45342858

has anyone been going to the talk-backs after the shows this week?

hi guys - it's been a while since i've been on here, been busy. but i stopped by the theatre last night after the show, watched the talk-back, and then asked billie to sign my guitar. it's pretty :) i'm ecstatic. i'm not sure i can actually play it anymore!

Wow - that's really great!! I don't know if I'd want to play it anymore either!

I'll be there on Sunday - can't wait! :)

anyone going to the matinee show on sunday???i cant wait

i also have an extra ticket to the 92Y talk sunday night in row S.. i cant make it sunday ngiht so elt me know if your interested in the ticket;)

anyone going to the matinee show on sunday???i cant wait

i also have an extra ticket to the 92Y talk sunday night in row S.. i cant make it sunday ngiht so elt me know if your interested in the ticket;)

I know someone who wants that ticket!!!! Tell me how you want to get in touch (send me a PM).

Wow - that's really great!! I don't know if I'd want to play it anymore either!

I'll be there on Sunday - can't wait! :)

you were able top go to the talk back without attending the show?

I think you meant to quote ^^^ that post. :)

I'm not going to the matinee on sunday but me and my friend are going to wait by the theater after to see if we could meet Billie. Also may try after the interview also to meet him if we dont succeed the first time. I'm so excited!

Yes. You just walk in after. I went the first night too, just to see what the crowds would be like afterward and if it'd be worth toting my guitar down for. Luckily, it was :) I think I'll skip tonight though. I taped the first half of the q&a in three parts - up until they took questions from the audience, which is when billie called a kid who asked a question about "time of your life" (called it the wrong name on purpose) and called him a cunt. i howled with laughter!

Yes. You just walk in after. I went the first night too, just to see what the crowds would be like afterward and if it'd be worth toting my guitar down for. Luckily, it was :) I think I'll skip tonight though. I taped the first half of the q&a in three parts - up until they took questions from the audience, which is when billie called a kid who asked a question about "time of your life" (called it the wrong name on purpose) and called him a cunt. i howled with laughter!

Oh, that is classic. :lol:

And that's sweet that he signed your guitar.

Andddd....I'm going to be there on Sunday and the 92nd Street Y thing as well.

I hope I see you there! :happy:

That's really awesome! :D

Has anyone else been to a talk back? It's killing me that we have so few details?! Wish I could go.

I have been to both Talkbacks so far and will be going again tonight and Sunday (and maybe Friday). I wrote a bit about it on my blog (click here if you want to read it), but I haven't had time to write up anything formally. I don't know if they are recording the talkbacks, but I did record the sound last night so I can go back and listen, but it's a pretty crappy recording.

I know that some girl last night was asking Billie a question while she videoed it... basically she asked him to say Happy birthday to her two cousins who loved him, another question, and then told him that her cousins wanted to be his roadies. I don't think Billie was too pleased with it... he sarcastically said, "you want me to sing my answer to your question as if it's happy birthday?" and he got that Billie sarcastic sound in his voice. He then went on to actually sing his response and then told her that he didn't need any roadies. I laughed. Hopefully whoever that person was that recorded it did the entire thing. Personally, it was a bit rude looking to be recording him and asking the question at the same time. I'm pretty sure that he wasn't happy with it.

One of the things I distinctly remember was really funny. On Tuesday, somebody asked Michael Mayer whether "Time of Your Life" at the end of the show had any meaning... like why did they put it at the end of the show, was it trying to make some statement or something (I'm paraphrasing because I don't really remember the exact question), but I do remember it being a silly question because Time of Your Life is clearly used as an encore only.

Last night, David Cote asked Billie Joe about the song at the end of the show and Billie was like, "You know, I just want to say that that guy who asked that question last night was a real cunt (yes, he used that word)." Billie went on to say that it was obvious that it's just an encore and the guy was trying to be a smartass (which is true). And then Billie ended by saying, "You know, the real title of that song is "Good Riddance."' It was hysterical. I love that guy.

I hope that I explained it ok... I'm going from memory and most times, I can't remember anything...

EDIT: Though the girl was recording it for her cousins, I just wanted to add, it was still a bit rude/odd to be asking the dude a question and recording it at the same time. I think that's why he got a bit annoyed...

Edited by t ann

I have been to both Talkbacks so far and will be going again tonight and Sunday (and maybe Friday). I wrote a bit about it on my blog (click here if you want to read it), but I haven't had time to write up anything formally. I don't know if they are recording the talkbacks, but I did record the sound last night so I can go back and listen, but it's a pretty crappy recording.

I know that some girl last night was asking Billie a question while she videoed it... basically she asked him to say Happy birthday to her two cousins who loved him, another question, and then told him that her cousins wanted to be his roadies. I don't think Billie was too pleased with it... he sarcastically said, "you want me to sing my answer to your question as if it's happy birthday?" and he got that Billie sarcastic sound in his voice. He then went on to actually sing his response and then told her that he didn't need any roadies. I laughed. Hopefully whoever that person was that recorded it did the entire thing. Personally, it was a bit rude looking to be recording him and asking the question at the same time. I'm pretty sure that he wasn't happy with it.

One of the things I distinctly remember was really funny. On Tuesday, somebody asked Michael Mayer whether "Time of Your Life" at the end of the show had any meaning... like why did they put it at the end of the show, was it trying to make some statement or something (I'm paraphrasing because I don't really remember the exact question), but I do remember it being a silly question because Time of Your Life is clearly used as an encore only.

Last night, David Cote asked Billie Joe about the song at the end of the show and Billie was like, "You know, I just want to say that that guy who asked that question last night was a real cunt (yes, he used that word)." Billie went on to say that it was obvious that it's just an encore and the guy was trying to be a smartass (which is true). And then Billie ended by saying, "You know, the real title of that song is "Good Riddance."' It was hysterical. I love that guy.

I hope that I explained it ok... I'm going from memory and most times, I can't remember anything...

Thanks - that's really interesting. I'll check out your blog too. I read some of it before - and got attacks of jealousy! Looking forward to hearing about Sunday.

Thanks - that's really interesting. I'll check out your blog too. I read some of it before - and got attacks of jealousy! Looking forward to hearing about Sunday.

Aw, sorry, don't be jealous (which I understand), I do it for all of us, lol. :)

oh my god that recap is amazing thank you so much! he used the word cunt?? obv wasn't happy and seriously that chick filming and the question...the nerve!

billie is so ace

EDIT: Though the girl was recording it for her cousins, I just wanted to add, it was still a bit rude/odd to be asking the dude a question and recording it at the same time. I think that's why he got a bit annoyed...

Thanks for posting that, it's pretty interesting. And lol at Billie saying something like "You know, the real title of that song is "Good Riddance."' :lol: :lol: Hil air eeous.

oh my god that recap is amazing thank you so much! he used the word cunt?? obv wasn't happy and seriously that chick filming and the question...the nerve!

billie is so ace

he did, lol.

thinking about that girl again, she was recording it for her cousins, but still, it was just... i don't know, kinda not cool. ask a question or film him. don't do both is my opinion.

Oh my God, I am absolutely dying for videos of this. I freaking love when Billie gets pissed off at total idiots, it never fails to put a massive grin on my face. :lol:

Does anyone know if there is any kind of coating/covering that I can put on my guitar to make sure Billie's signature doesn't wear off? :)

Well, if I were in the desperate situation you're in :) I would ask at my favorite local guitar store. The first thing that came to my mind is some kind of shellac, but then I'm not sure that would be good for it. I'd want an expert's opinion if I were you.

And, btw, congratulations!

Well, if I were in the desperate situation you're in :) I would ask at my favorite local guitar store. The first thing that came to my mind is some kind of shellac, but then I'm not sure that would be good for it. I'd want an expert's opinion if I were you.

And, btw, congratulations!

thanks!! :) i'll go back to the guitar center on 14th street. they helped me out last night right before i went to the theatre because i'd snapped my high e string while trying to tune it down a half step (to play brainstew, haha). oops! that place is guitar geek heaven and so many of the employees are hott guitar rockers, so any excuse is a good one :)

oh, and i'm in L1 on sunday night! I forgot they'd assigned seat numbers for this.