American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

does anyone think they could rip the audio from "time of your life" on the aol sessions since that's the only one not recorded on the soundtrack?

The show will be having a Fall Student Rush, on top of the current lottery.

Starting next Wednesday (9/8) until November 1st, people with student ID can go get $27 student rush tickets when the box office opens. It's one per ID. It's not valid for Saturday shows or the Sunday matinee. It's unknown where the seats are, though.

And after this week, they'll be going back to the Tuesday-Sunday schedule.

Gosh, looks like they'll be finally announcing their upcoming TV appearance... :pinch: Anyways, they're being really hush-hush about it, but based on their latest FB thing, they'll be announcing it soon. Let's just say the cast will be heading to the West Coast next week. :cool:

Starting next Wednesday (9/8) until November 1st, people with student ID can go get $27 student rush tickets when the box office opens. It's one per ID. It's not valid for Saturday shows or the Sunday matinee. It's unknown where the seats are, though.

Gosh, looks like they'll be finally announcing their upcoming TV appearance... :pinch: Anyways, they're being really hush-hush about it, but based on their latest FB thing, they'll be announcing it soon. Let's just say the cast will be heading to the West Coast next week. :cool:

where does it say this?

where does it say this?

I'm going to guess that you're referring to the Fall Student Rush. It's on the ticket policy board at the box office.

"I got this card on opening night from [Green Day frontman] Billie Joe Armstrong, his wife Adrienne and [director] Michael Mayer. It says, 'I want to cuddle with you.' I keep it up on the mirror just to remind me of their support."

I WANT TO TAKE PART IN THIS CUDDLE FEST. :wub:

I'm going to guess that you're referring to the Fall Student Rush. It's on the ticket policy board at the box office.

oh when you find out where the seats are post it

oh when you find out where the seats are post it

I don't think anyone is going to know where the seats are until people actually rush. I doubt they'll be the lottery seats (ie. the front rows) but probably the boxes and partial orchestra seats. But I'll post when I get the info. :happy:

Man, they're really trying to save this show. =/ I hope a miracle happens and they get at least one more extension!

... I hope that this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions that you may have ...

Holy shit, dude, thank you so much --- You answered everything perfectly. ♥ And just in response, no, I've never seen the musical before, so yessum.

A few more things I thought of after I posted, which are really just more equitette questions than anything else: Is it polite to sing along like at Green Day's concerts? I'm thinking no, but I'm not sure.

What about dancing about a little bit, or throwing your fist into the air, or cheering at certain moments, stuff like that? Again, I'm thinking that this sort of behaviour would be totally out of line in a Broadway theatre, but it is Green Day's musical, so I'm a little conflicted, haha.

And this whole seating business -- I assumed people just stood in front of their seats, just like at Green Day's shows, as opposed to actually sitting down. Do people do this? If so, does everyone, or only some people? Are you even allowed to stand during the show?

In a nutshell, is American Idiot more like attending a concert, or more like attending the cinema ...?

Forgive my ignorance ... :wacko:

The cast is going to the west coast? They'll all be there this saturday right? I'm seeing it again that day?

Holy shit, dude, thank you so much --- You answered everything perfectly. ♥ And just in response, no, I've never seen the musical before, so yessum.

A few more things I thought of after I posted, which are really just more equitette questions than anything else: Is it polite to sing along like at Green Day's concerts? I'm thinking no, but I'm not sure.

What about dancing about a little bit, or throwing your fist into the air, or cheering at certain moments, stuff like that? Again, I'm thinking that this sort of behaviour would be totally out of line in a Broadway theatre, but it is Green Day's musical, so I'm a little conflicted, haha.

And this whole seating business -- I assumed people just stood in front of their seats, just like at Green Day's shows, as opposed to actually sitting down. Do people do this? If so, does everyone, or only some people? Are you even allowed to stand during the show?

In a nutshell, is American Idiot more like attending a concert, or more like attending the cinema ...?

No worries with the questions.

But yeah, it's more of a cinema-type experience than a concert, in terms of audience participation. Singing along is frown upon, as well as dancing. And everyone sits in the theatre. The only time people do stand is during curtain call (when the cast takes their bows). You can clap in response to a song but don't clap along with the song. It is more of a viewing event than a participation event.

Does that help? :)

No worries with the questions.

But yeah, it's more of a cinema-type experience than a concert, in terms of audience participation. Singing along is frown upon, as well as dancing. And everyone sits in the theatre. The only time people do stand is during curtain call (when the cast takes their bows). You can clap in response to a song but don't clap along with the song. It is more of a viewing event than a participation event.

Does that help? :)

Yeah it's pretty much like going to a movie theater only it's live.

The cast is going to the west coast? They'll all be there this saturday right? I'm seeing it again that day?

No, they're going on their days off next week. They're leaving on Monday and coming back late Tuesday. They don't have any shows on Monday or Tuesday. In all honesty, some of the cast is excited to do it and some aren't as thrilled. I can see both of their points. Especially once you see what they're doing. :unsure:

oh ok. Thanks. Got a little scared there. I convinced my mom and uncle to see it and would hate if the cast wasn't there and they had the others filling in for them.

oh ok. Thanks. Got a little scared there. I convinced my mom and uncle to see it and would hate if the cast wasn't there and they had the others filling in for them.

Heh... well, considering they're taking pretty much everyone, that would be one very sorry show. :lol:

No, they're going on their days off next week. They're leaving on Monday and coming back late Tuesday. They don't have any shows on Monday or Tuesday. In all honesty, some of the cast is excited to do it and some aren't as thrilled. I can see both of their points. Especially once you see what they're doing. :unsure:

Care to elaborate...I'm curious as hell right now...

Care to elaborate...I'm curious as hell right now...

Like I said, they're still keeping it hush-hush, but they mentioned that they'll be announcing it soon on FB so as soon as it's announced, I'll be sure to pass it along here, if no one does beforehand. :)

Like I said, they're still keeping it hush-hush, but they mentioned that they'll be announcing it soon on FB so as soon as it's announced, I'll be sure to pass it along here, if no one does beforehand. :)

Thanks....I'll wait...patiently......lol

Went for my second show tonight :) IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Compared to where we were before (nosebleeds, almost the LAST row in the entire place haha) it was insane. We were literally in the 2nd row of people, and there were 2 people in front of us. We got a good deal of the cast signatures, as well as a picture with Rebecca :) AMAZING NIGHT!

Went for my second show tonight :) IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Compared to where we were before (nosebleeds, almost the LAST row in the entire place haha) it was insane. We were literally in the 2nd row of people, and there were 2 people in front of us. We got a good deal of the cast signatures, as well as a picture with Rebecca :) AMAZING NIGHT!

Could this TV performance be them performing with Billie at the cancer telethon by any chance?

I kind of hope not. That'd be proper desperate ..,

Man, they're really trying to save this show. =/ I hope a miracle happens and they get at least one more extension!

bring in a celeb that would help