American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Here is the cast at the AOL Live Sessions:

http://music.aol.com/video/american-idiot-sessions/original-cast-of-american-idiot/bc:599566108001

It's a Playlist so you just have to go through all the songs. :)

Songs:

"American Idiot"

"Are We The Waiting"

"Last Night On Earth"

"Letterbomb"

"Whatsername"

"Good Riddance"

Plus a behind-the-scenes video.

Awesome! I'll watch those and the behind the scenes vid tomorrow. Thanks for posting :happy:

Gahh just saw pictures on facey-b from someone I know who went to see the musical and she doesn't even like Green Day. I want to see it so badly!

Here is the cast at the AOL Live Sessions:

http://music.aol.com/video/american-idiot-sessions/original-cast-of-american-idiot/bc:599566108001

It's a Playlist so you just have to go through all the songs. :)

Songs:

"American Idiot"

"Are We The Waiting"

"Last Night On Earth"

"Letterbomb"

"Whatsername"

"Good Riddance"

Plus a behind-the-scenes video.

Just watched all of it. Loved the performance of Whatsername!

I never really loved (or hated) the song but after hearing the cast's version, I've come to realise what a beautiful song it is.

What are the chances of AI being extended once again?

To be honest, I don't think it'll make it to January. :(

Their numbers have been declining and the fact the the Fall season is coming up and there are many new shows set to coming to Broadway with not enough theaters for them.

Their numbers have been declining and the fact the the Fall season is coming up and there are many new shows set to coming to Broadway with not enough theaters for them.

This kills me. I'm moving to NYC in January and I'll be heartbroken if I miss this show.

I hope that when the show finishes they'll release a dvd of the show, I don't want to forget any part of it :)

Do you guys think there's a chance the musical could come to England? I want to see it so bad, but there's just no way I can go to New York now.

apparently theo and glee gal were making out all night in the after party :eyebrow:

I read that too, on some celebrity site. They were not too flattering about her behavior to the fans/others at the party, made it sound like she was kind of diva-ish. And he just got the mention as "the boyfriend." :lol: She looked gorgeous, though.

I read that too, on some celebrity site. They were not too flattering about her behavior to the fans/others at the party, made it sound like she was kind of diva-ish. And he just got the mention as "the boyfriend." :lol: She looked gorgeous, though.

I'm not a big fan of hers and have to wonder what Theo sees in her - other than the obvious.

I'm not a big fan of hers and have to wonder what Theo sees in her - other than the obvious.

No question that she is amazingly talented. That doesn't count for much if her personality sucks, though. On the other hand, these celeb stalker sites love to make everyone seem like a bitch. She might be perfectly nice. :)

Finally had the chance to go through those AOL Session performances. Wow, they were great! Especially LNOE and Whatsername. I was sorry to see Mary F. did not make it back from illness for that performance, though.

Mm, I really hope the show will make it till late Spring or something, at least... or come to England, even better. I would love to see it :(

Really? This breaks my heart. :(

Do you think there's no chance of the musical coming to London?

There's still a chance on it going to London/on tour. Probably not with many of the Broadway cast, though. :unsure:

I can see it making it til January, but a second extension is kind of a stretch. =/ I don't have an idea on whether it's gunna tour or not, though.

There's still a chance on it going to London/on tour. Probably not with many of the Broadway cast, though. :unsure:

I agree. I suppose some of the ensemble might go along for the tour, but I would bet the major roles will all be recast. They've got to be getting burned out on it a little!

Okay, so I posted this question in the Green Day Questions And Answers thread, and I got several extremely helpful responses, but I'm looking for a little more varied answers and various input, so hoping that maybe a bunch of different people will respond again! Hope everyone who already answered doesn't mind. ^^;

Okay, questions!

Which are the best seats for the American Idiot musical? I just looked up tickets and seating locations on a whim, and I was so confused, as there's so many different locations you can pick from!

Most people said that the orchasta is rather shoddy if you're short --- Which I am, as I only stand at five foot three and a half inches. Other people said the balcony is total crud, as well, I'm guessing because it's so far away? Yet others have said the mezz is awesome, but exactly how far away from the stage is it ...? I don't have the best long-distance vision in the world. :pinch:

Also, when I decided I wanted to try and get front row seats, the best/most expensive/'premium' seats available were always in the third row from the stage, and I was told that these were used for the 'lotto', and thus not available to simply buy tickets for. Here's my question about that, though --- How the heck does the whole lotto thing work?! :lol:

How do to enter to win tickets? When? Does it cost anything to enter the 'lotto' If you win do you trade in the tickets you already have? Can you pick tickets for a different night if you win? I just totally do not get how the lotto works at all, eeek! :wacko:

I apologise for all my many, many and repeated questions, and again, I hope no one minds. x_X;

Okay, so I posted this question in the Green Day Questions And Answers thread, and I got several extremely helpful responses, but I'm looking for a little more varied answers and various input, so hoping that maybe a bunch of different people will respond again! Hope everyone who already answered doesn't mind. ^^;

*waves*

[Okay, questions!

Which are the best seats for the American Idiot musical? I just looked up tickets and seating locations on a whim, and I was so confused, as there's so many different locations you can pick from!

One of the things that I take into consideration on seat location is whether or not you've seen the show. I'm guessing that you haven't so my answers will go along with that notion.

Most people said that the orchasta is rather shoddy if you're short --- Which I am, as I only stand at five foot three and a half inches. Other people said the balcony is total crud, as well, I'm guessing because it's so far away? Yet others have said the mezz is awesome, but exactly how far away from the stage is it ...? I don't have the best long-distance vision in the world. :pinch:

I'm shorter than you at 4'11" and I'm fine with orchestra, even in Row A. And if you really have a hard time with your sightline, they have pillows/cushions at coat check that you can borrow so that you can sit a tad higher. :)

The only time that I've sat in the balcony was Opening Night and I will never sit there again.

For your first time, I would say mezz is your best bet. As center as possible and as forward as possible. You'll get the entire effect of the lighting and staging as well as see the entire company because when you're too close, you lose a lot of the little things. And it's not too far, if you're in say Row A of the mezz.

Also, when I decided I wanted to try and get front row seats, the best/most expensive/'premium' seats available were always in the third row from the stage, and I was told that these were used for the 'lotto', and thus not available to simply buy tickets for. Here's my question about that, though --- How the heck does the whole lotto thing work?! :lol:

Yes, the first two center rows of the orchestra and the first row of the side orchestra are lottery seats and cannot be bought via the box office. They're partial view, actually, which is why they're used for lottery.

How do to enter to win tickets? When? Does it cost anything to enter the 'lotto' If you win do you trade in the tickets you already have? Can you pick tickets for a different night if you win? I just totally do not get how the lotto works at all, eeek! :wacko:

Two hours before show time (so at 6PM for a 8PM show), someone (one of the interns or British Lee) stands in front of the theatre with a bucket and slips of paper. You take one of the slips, write your name down, whether you want one or two tickets, and give stick the slip in the bucket. Then at one hour and a half before show show (so at 6:30PM for a 8PM show), they'll close the lottery. I believe that there are 25 seats available for lottery, but don't quote me on that. Anyways, they'll draw names from the bucket until all the seats are claimed.

One lottery seat is $27. They are cash only. You must have an ID to match yourself to the name on the slip. You may not enter more than once at each drawing. The lottery seat is good only for that performance. You cannot trade for another performance and there is not cost to enter the lottery.

After the lottery is done, however, they usually announce that they have partial view seats in the box and in the side orchestra from $37. They usually try and fill the boxes first before doing the side orchestra, which location varies.

I apologise for all my many, many and repeated questions, and again, I hope no one minds. x_X;

I hope that this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions that you may have.

saw this tonight 2nd row

won the lotto tickets

such a great show up close

the cast spits a lot that's the only thing bad about it

this was my 2nd time seeing it and the first time i noticed the "someone get me a knife " line in homecoming

Broadway.com went backstage to Michael Esper's dressing room... Link

That's pretty nice!

"I got this card on opening night from [Green Day frontman] Billie Joe Armstrong, his wife Adrienne and [director] Michael Mayer. It says, 'I want to cuddle with you.' I keep it up on the mirror just to remind me of their support."

Ahaha, I want to cuddle with you :lol: So sweet of them to give that card to Michael on opening night! I love how it says at the end of the card "Rage and Love, Billie Joe Adrienne and Michael" :happy:

just curious at the show i got one of the papers that the cast threw that said " love was made here on may 5th " why did they pick may 5th?