American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Tonight is the first night since previews (March/April) that everyone is in their own track. Woo hoo! Not the original Broadway cast because Joshua Henry left but it's the full current Broadway cast nonetheless.

And here's a little video from when they were in Berkeley. It's made by the touring cast of Rent but the Idiots show up at the 6:45 mark. :happy:

They're an enjoyable bunch. :lol:

"It's so big, you could stick your dick in it. :shifty: " Oh, Theo. Man, this cast just love to rebel and eat huge, dick-holding doughnuts. Just..it's crazy! :runaround:

So, the Jonas Brothers visited American Idiot last night...

Awwwwwww, look at all those warm, friendly hugs!!!

OMFG.OMFG.

Even if me and my friend can't get tickets for the 10th, Hofstra's doing a FREE trip to the show on October 30th for new students. Tickets included. All I need is a ten dollar deposit.

And of course, even if we do see it the 10th, I'm still going at the end of October.

not attacking anyone, im just gonna say i enjoy seeing the musical because i enjoy the musical, not because green day has a chance or will be there. well, slightly less now because joshua henry left :mad:

A Playbill.com interview with Christine Jones, who's the scenic designer for the musical. (link)

Some pull-quotes:

What's the oddest thing on the back wall that makes you smile, even if it's not evident to the audience?

CJ: There are so many things on the back wall that the audience can't see. One of my favorites is a BB gun with a piece of brown paper taped next to it on the wall to keep score of how many rats have been killed. Billie Joe told me about one of the first spaces he lived in that was a big empty warehouse. He had a mattress, a garbage bag full of clothes and a guitar. He and the guys he lived with would shoot at the rats to keep them at bay and keep score as to who was winning: US or THEM. My kids' drawings are there too. They make me smile the most.

Was there an idea that was discovered late — that is, something you learned at the tryout at Berkeley Rep in fall 2009?

CJ: Knowing that we were trying to assimilate the energy of a rock show, we experimented with ideas that came from the Green Day concert lexicon: specifically…t-shirt guns. We got the idea of shooting t-shirts into the audience while we were at Berkeley, and then had the band's wizard make a double barrel gun for us, which we tried once we got to the St. James. We discovered, that while we were playing with rock show elements, our show's roots needed to stay planted in the narrative, and in our connection with the characters — if we did anything that was just for the sake of cool or fun, it didn't work.

I have no real reason to post this except that look out for an upcoming, previously-unannounced TV appearance by the cast.

Oh, and this:

tumblr_l7w5jftpIC1qzfhef.gif

I have no real reason to post this except that look out for an upcoming, previously-unannounced TV appearance by the cast.

Oh, and this:

tumblr_l7w5jftpIC1qzfhef.gif

...spill. At least tell me in a PM?

:wub: the .gif

Saw the show twice in one week in July, and I'm dying to go back. Hopefully sometime in November. This show was so ground breaking for me. It was one thing to have Spring Awakening alumni in the show (such a theatre geek is I), but to have Green Day music too? Can I get another amen?! (Sorry, I had to.) But damn, once that curtain was going up, I didn't want it to come back down. I love the show so much. :wub:

I just saw Theo sitting next to Lea at the Emmy's :wub:

I hoped we get to see a shot of him next to her. YEAH!

Theo's being a very good boyfriend. Heh... I love the shots of him being next to her.

Here's some of him in the background. Hopefully, some better ones with pop up. :happy:

61434751sorano916829201084733PM.jpg

61435223sorano916829201084850PM.jpg

61435210sorano916829201085019PM.jpg

I'm going again next saturday! I can't wait to see it again! I hope to meet Tony this time but I doubt that will happen. Anyone know how to catch him after the show?

Tony is a tough one! Try the glass door at the end of the awning, I know he sometimes goes there. If not, try before the show. They usually try to get in before the lotto starts to avoid the big crowd.

Thanks I will definetly try that. Yeah I know Tony and Johnny are hard but I met Johnny on opening night. The cast still comes out afterwards at the end right? The same door where you go in?

If you're going Saturday night, stagedoor will be inside (unless they've changed it) so it will be difficult if you're trying to do both doors. However, I suggest the glass door first and then go inside. :)

Also, not my screencap, but I thought it was pretty adorable. Heh...

tumblr_l7xx0fq9TD1qc01vno1_500.jpg

I wonder how many people were watching Theo sitting next to Lea at the Emmys and thinking, "Who the hell is this guy?" :lol:

Here is the cast at the AOL Live Sessions:

http://music.aol.com/video/american-idiot-sessions/original-cast-of-american-idiot/bc:599566108001

It's a Playlist so you just have to go through all the songs. :)

Songs:

"American Idiot"

"Are We The Waiting"

"Last Night On Earth"

"Letterbomb"

"Whatsername"

"Good Riddance"

Plus a behind-the-scenes video.