American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I can't say that it didn't cross my mind... :runaround:

Haha, I'm hoping for ya!! :banana: I wish I could go myself!

Haha, I'm hoping for ya!! :banana: I wish I could go myself!

Well, I also kinda want to see it again. I... miss it... I've never missed a B'way show in my life.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, AMERICAN IDIOT! WHAT!!!!!!!

:eyebrow: :unsure::whistle:pinch:

She was an Ensemble Member/Whatsername Understudy and only one of the two cast members who did not go with the cast to Broadway. Honestly, I don't even know what she looks like. She wants attention and Green Day's money.

She looks a lot like Libby. In the Berkeley cast, there were two blondes - very similar builds/hair/faces/etc. I'm not even sure which one of them is Libby and which one is Morgan. I keep meaning to go back to my original program and look at their pictures to figure out which is which (because as I try to remember them, they both look identical - though I know I could tell them apart when I was seeing them in Berkeley).

She looks a lot like Libby. In the Berkeley cast, there were two blondes - very similar builds/hair/faces/etc. I'm not even sure which one of them is Libby and which one is Morgan. I keep meaning to go back to my original program and look at their pictures to figure out which is which (because as I try to remember them, they both look identical - though I know I could tell them apart when I was seeing them in Berkeley).

Huh. I Googled her and I couldn't recognize her from the "21 Guns" video from the studio. Even the reporter thought the case was a little ridiculous. Did she stand out to you in the show at all?

Honestly, I think the producers were a little busy preparing the show for Broadway to care about one actresses feelings. T ann, they photoshopped Matt's image out of some of the promo pictures but yeah, they used his image as well and he's not speaking out.

Wow, I don't remember her from Berkeley at all. And didn't they use Matt Caplan's image for a bit there, too, after the show moved? Is he suing? It also depends on what her original contract says, too, I guess. I can understand that she feels awful for not being in the B'way show, but it's like the kiss of acting death to sue over something like this when, let's face it, people can't even remember you from the original staging. AND you get to be in the promos for a bit, too.

Wow.

I always thought she looked more like Mary than Libby but then again, you could tell who was Mary since she played Heather...

Anyways, this is Morgan in the 21 Guns video.

mue53m.png

6ogyts.png

But yeah, Matt certainly handle the non-transfer better than Morgan did. He's still friends with the cast. :)

ETA: Tanya, you're right. They did use promo pictures with Matt still in it. I think there was a big one in the New York Times which he just joked about on FB.

I always thought she looked more like Mary than Libby but then again, you could tell who was Mary since she played Heather...

Anyways, this is Morgan in the 21 Guns video.

http://i38.tinypic.com/mue53m.png

http://i33.tinypic.com/6ogyts.png

But yeah, Matt certainly handle the non-transfer better than Morgan did. He's still friends with the cast. :)

ETA: Tanya, you're right. They did use promo pictures with Matt still in it. I think there was a big one in the New York Times which he just joked about on FB.

Ah, thanks, and nope, I still don't remember her... hmm. I'm old.

And apparently AI can't figure out who's in the cast and not in the cast also!

But to sue... unless she tried to ask them to take it down and they didn't, it's just a bad idea, I think.

Sounds like someone's a little money hungry. :lol:

It's kind of funny she says that it "damaged her reputation". What does she think this is gonna do? Unless there's like, a ~serious reason to sue I have a feeling nothing's coming out of this.

I was just reading the comments from the American Idiot performance... and yeah, Johnny did seem to channel Billie Joe at one point. :happy: Also, Esper was just not having a good time with his microphone. LOL.

Also, something cute that I remember. At the softball game, Miguel's wife, Kelly, got a text from Adrienne wishing the team good luck and wished that they could have been there for it. :hug:

I was just reading the comments from the American Idiot performance... and yeah, Johnny did seem to channel Billie Joe at one point. :happy: Also, Esper was just not having a good time with his microphone. LOL.

Also, something cute that I remember. At the softball game, Miguel's wife, Kelly, got a text from Adrienne wishing the team good luck and wished that they could have been there for it. :hug:

That was my comment on Youtube. I thought that was hysterical.

Aww :wub: That IS cute. How'd the game go, btw?

Guest derekb

Has any one recorded (audio or video) the Broadway version of this musical?

I have a Berkley copy but I wanna hear a Broadway copy.

If they have just PM me.

Thanks.

http://thresq.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/08/green-day-american-idiot-lawsuit.html

Uh, did anyone else see this? Morgan from the original Berkeley cast is suing the show. :mellow:

:rolleyes:

She was an Ensemble Member/Whatsername Understudy and only one of the two cast members who did not go with the cast to Broadway. Honestly, I don't even know what she looks like. She wants attention and Green Day's money.

Is this her?

DesktopBackground.jpg

Sounds like someone's a little money hungry. :lol:

It's kind of funny she says that it "damaged her reputation". What does she think this is gonna do? Unless there's like, a ~serious reason to sue I have a feeling nothing's coming out of this.

Ha, yea, but I'm not sure if it's all the money. I mean, if she went through the run of the show at Berkeley and then didn't make it to Broadway, I would be bummed, too. Major bummed. But, that's the life of the theater. It's a hard cruel world, that's why I got out for the most part. I think what she means by reputation damaging is that she was in the preview, and they didn't cast her for Broadway, but kept using her image, which could remind people that she wasn't "good enough" for the B'way show, both in her own mind and in others. Mental anquish.

If, though, they used her image without specific permission per Equity rules or whatever, then she may have a legitimate claim. Since I don't know what their contractual agreement is, I have no clue.

:happy: Also, Esper was just not having a good time with his microphone. LOL.

Haha, oh, that was funny. Awesome recovery, though... great performance!

Ha, yea, but I'm not sure if it's all the money. I mean, if she went through the run of the show at Berkeley and then didn't make it to Broadway, I would be bummed, too. Major bummed. But, that's the life of the theater. It's a hard cruel world, that's why I got out for the most part. I think what she means by reputation damaging is that she was in the preview, and they didn't cast her for Broadway, but kept using her image, which could remind people that she wasn't "good enough" for the B'way show, both in her own mind and in others. Mental anquish.

If, though, they used her image without specific permission per Equity rules or whatever, then she may have a legitimate claim. Since I don't know what their contractual agreement is, I have no clue.

Haha, oh, that was funny. Awesome recovery, though... great performance!

So, did you win lottery tix last night? And??????

So, did you win lottery tix last night? And??????

I did not win the lottery, but I did get a limited view box ticket, even though they didn't sell out the orchestra seats, which just sucks. It was the first time I've sat in a box, and since I've seen the show so many times, I didn't mind it. I actually love seeing what is happening in the stage wings, so it was fun to see Johnny throw his whiskey bottle to the stagehand so badly that the dude almost dropped it backstage. Lol. "Drunken" throw.

And yes Billie Joe and Mike were there. Poor BJ. He just got mobbed the moment he sat down and before Good Riddance. He left the theater before Good Riddance but they didn't leave the venue until a little later.

Aww :wub: That IS cute. How'd the game go, btw?

They performed at Bryant around 12:40 and then booked it to Central for their game at 1:30. It was the final so they were only playing nine innings, so because the Idiots were technically in the loser bracket, if they won, then they would have to play again at 3:30 the same team. Yeah, it made more sense when Gerard was explaining it to me.

Anyways, they were tied 2-2 until the bottom of the ninth when the other team scored a double so the Idiots lost 4-2, but it was close game throughout. :(

I did not win the lottery, but I did get a limited view box ticket, even though they didn't sell out the orchestra seats, which just sucks. It was the first time I've sat in a box, and since I've seen the show so many times, I didn't mind it. I actually love seeing what is happening in the stage wings, so it was fun to see Johnny throw his whiskey bottle to the stagehand so badly that the dude almost dropped it backstage. Lol. "Drunken" throw.

Heh... I've seen Johnny throw the bottle, hit the side of the doorway, and bounced back at Carmel. The box seats are the best for the wing action. :)

I was able to visit backstage on Thursday. Here are some of my pictures:

th_DSCF4032-1.jpg th_DSCF4035.jpg th_DSCF4036.jpgth_DSCF4039.jpgth_DSCF4042.jpgth_DSCF4043.jpgth_DSCF4044.jpg

And Michael has succumb to his illness... Van's on for Will today, ending Michael's perfect attendance streak. Good luck, Van!

And Michael has succumb to his illness... Van's on for Will today, ending Michael's perfect attendance streak. Good luck, Van!

Is that public knowledge yet? Wanted to tweet "get well" but don't want to say anything if it's not public yet.

I was able to visit backstage on Thursday. Here are some of my pictures:

th_DSCF4032-1.jpg th_DSCF4035.jpg th_DSCF4036.jpgth_DSCF4039.jpgth_DSCF4042.jpgth_DSCF4043.jpgth_DSCF4044.jpg

Ooh, nice pictures! It's nice seeing the set from up close. I like the mohawk Mona Lisa :lol: Disney poster, photo of coloured balloons..haha. Thanks for posting those. Cool you got to go backstage, too.

Is that public knowledge yet? Wanted to tweet "get well" but don't want to say anything if it's not public yet.

Leslie posted on her FB that Van's going on for Will and it's been circulating so you should be fine. :)

ETA: And Aspen just tweeted the In/Out list.

n0ux.jpg

This is Christina's first time on for Whatsername and Libby's second as Extraordinary Girl.

Wow, this show would be interesting to see - Christina in Rebecca's role and Libby flying? Love it. Sorry to hear Michael is sick, though.

couple of Tony Vincent bits for you:

1st an interview for lxtv.com:

http://lxtv.com/1stlookny/video/10803

and Tony will be in VOGUE magazine this week dressed as bigfoot! check-this-OUT (funny, but seriously HOT and eye-catching!):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=197157&id=10530797020&ref=mf

~ing x

Nice, more Tony related things :wub:

Thanks for posting!