American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Too bad I don't have a credit card. I really wanted to go to the one on the 17th that includes the post discussion of the play too. :( Oh well, time to use Craigslist.

you should try to go to the 10th if you can...there is a pre-discussion and maybe you can suggest something during the preview at their break or something

just an idea

...why the hell do you get cheaper tickets if you're under 30? :blink:

They're probably trying to encourage younger people to take an interest in the theater.

Indeed, because the theater is right next to Berkeley Campus, and what better way to encourgage the college-going populace (who are for the most part under 30) then by giving them half off? After all, college students aren't exactly known for having a lot of extra money are they? :D

Indeed, because the theater is right next to Berkeley Campus, and what better way to encourgage the college-going populace (who are for the most part under 30) then by giving them half off? After all, college students aren't exactly known for having a lot of extra money are they? :D

Exactly. Student discounts are pretty common for NYC theater as well. I think it's great that they're opening it up to under 30 in general though. It saves people who are a few years out of school the hassel of digging out their old student IDs and pretending to still be enrolled. That's pretty common up here as well. :)

I want to go into theatre sometime so I do prefer to go for a Preview

is anyone going on the 10th or 12th??

Let me know now...

so I can set up a time to meet you!

hey, how much did your tickets to and from Oakland cost?

I want to somehow make this work. ah

My friend just texted me freaking out about American Idiot making it's debut on Broadway Secrets. I almost never look at that stuff, but this time I had to check it out and thought I should share. (It's #4, so you shouldn't have to scroll through all the insanity and batshit crazy fan stuff on the page.)

http://community.livejournal.com/broadwaysecrets/101088.html

So my next question is...who posted it? Anyone from here?

My friend just texted me freaking out about American Idiot making it's debut on Broadway Secrets. I almost never look at that stuff, but this time I had to check it out and thought I should share. (It's #4, so you shouldn't have to scroll through all the insanity and batshit crazy fan stuff on the page.)

http://community.livejournal.com/broadwaysecrets/101088.html

So my next question is...who posted it? Anyone from here?

hmmmmmm interesting........wow...word must be spreading...

hey, how much did your tickets to and from Oakland cost?

I want to somehow make this work. ah

actually we are doing Sanfrancisco because its less money....and Sid..Ritchie's sister.

is picking us up and driving us to her house and then we are driving to Berkely

won't take too long..Berkeley is actually very very close to SF..and it works better for us

we are going to try for a direct round trip from Victoria to SF....less hassle

if you want to meet PM me...if are going on one of those days.

We will be staying in Oakland from Sept 10th to Sept 16th

I really wish I had of arranged my trip so I was in the area while the show is on! I'll be in Toronto on the 4th :/ (Not that I'm sad about being in Toronto...just that I'm missing the show, haha)

i appear to be the only one who thinks this whole idea is a terrible one.

I also have my misgivings, but I'm willing to see it play out. A lot of people felt the same way about a rock version of "Spring Awakening" but that worked out really well. I've always thought that American Idiot lent itself well to a musical, so I'm thinking that this may pan out ok, particularly with the director that they have for the production. But, I guess we'll see what happens!

No I was in the same frame of mind to begin with but after reading this thread and delving deeper into who is actually involved I think it could work out great, don't look at it as American Idiot the album, take a step away from that and view it from a theatrical and musical point of view which is what I am trying to do now. I for one am looking forward to reading the reviews to see what they have actually done with the music of Green Day, they are after all basing it not only around the music but the letters included in the note book.

:)

x

more press shots from rehearsal beginnings.....and is that the 'black back' of tony vincent i see before me? :)

http://www.berkeleyrep.org/press/photos-09ai.asp#rehearsal

and they are all on a bed???? **coughcough***

ummm...yes I believe it is a black back of the lovely Tony Vincent...

OOOOOH Jason Whyte's in the back with the HAT!!!!!

more press shots from rehearsal beginnings.....and is that the 'black back' of tony vincent i see before me? :)

http://www.berkeleyrep.org/press/photos-09ai.asp#rehearsal

I join you as being a Tony Fan....oh yess indeedy :)

love this pic:

tony_vincentsm.jpg

such gorgeous eyes....hmmmm doesn't he have the same eyes as Billie? wow

Interesting day today...I mentioned the musical to the Big Radio station in town, THE ZONE..Dave...the DJ guy got so excited that he emailed me back saying he will announce it on the air for me!..maybe he was busy or something.

yikes! Yes once again...Victoria is a Green Day crazy city and still hoping for them to get here in Victoria....

aside of that tho...Dave was thrilled...said "Have a great trip and I will let everyone know on the air"

VERY AND TOTALLY COOL!

and they are all on a bed???? **coughcough***

ummm...yes I believe it is a black back of the lovely Tony Vincent...

OOOOOH Jason Whyte's in the back with the HAT!!!!!

I join you as being a Tony Fan....oh yess indeedy :)

love this pic:

tony_vincentsm.jpg

such gorgeous eyes....hmmmm doesn't he have the same eyes as Billie? wow

ohhhhhhhhhh (THUD) .... i tell ya, he comes with a health warning. i challenge anyone to look into his eyes and not develop palpitations ;)

great to meet you chump! do i already know you from the tonyvincentworld.com community? always good to meet other fans!

ing x

MISS_ING!

I just signed up!

this is totally cool....

I am looking forward to keeping up with all the actors/actresses and musicians

I even made a binder for the play so I can write stuff about it as days go one...

I want to learn everything

xxoo

Musical theater is risky. But the music is the most important part of it, and we already know that's going to be great. I think the personnel who've been hired seem quite capable of staging a wonderful show. But, I know it could turn out to be a huge disappointment. I just don't expect that it will. I think it's going to be great, and I want to see it either way ... just so I can form my own opinion.

Okay this may sound, I don't know kind of stupid to ask but for those of us who LOVE Green Day and who don't live anywhere close to the Berkeley Theatre or California for that matter and really want to see this play, will we still be able to? I'm not one to go to plays normally and am not sure if people "bootleg" plays (lol) but will we be able to find this play when it starts on youtube or something? Professional DVD perhaps?

Okay this may sound, I don't know kind of stupid to ask but for those of us who LOVE Green Day and who don't live anywhere close to the Berkeley Theatre or California for that matter and really want to see this play, will we still be able to? I'm not one to go to plays normally and am not sure if people "bootleg" plays (lol) but will we be able to find this play when it starts on youtube or something? Professional DVD perhaps?

hopefully but probably not.