American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Just an FYI: the earliest date that they have is August 4th Matinee so if you're trying to getting earlier then it's not going to work.

Samoco, hello. Any of those days are good. Go look at BroadwayBox.com for discount codes to get good seats for cheaper. I would suggest you getting tickets beforehand but if decide not to, you can try lottery beforehand for the possibility of getting front seats for $27 and if you don't win those, you can get partials for $37.

Thank you! We just ordered two tickets for the show on Thursday, September 2. Now I have something to really looking forward to for I won't see Green Day for maybe some years.

I honestly loved the musical. I saw it at Berkeley Rep, so maybe it changed a bit on Broadway. Amazing. I applaud Green Day for doing something so amazing and not listening to people saying that that's not what punk is about and all these rules. Isn't punk about going against the rules?

I wish that they could give the people who saw the Berkeley Rep production that extra track. Just saying. It'd make me feel so much better. I mean, I saw the show too.... just at a different theatre.

You can still download it even if you haven't seen the show on Broadway. I saw the show on Tuesday so that's not an option for downloading. And yeah, I kinda wish they did this with the Original Broadway Cast (all three weeks worth of them) but the only noticeable difference is Joshua Henry is no longer in the show; Wallace took over his vocal solo and Johnny took over his guitar solo.

Speaking of Johnny, he has a gig tonight at Rockwood Stage 2 at 8 PM. Declan has a gig next Sunday, as well, with special guests including Rebecca, Alysha, and Theo. I think his is at 10.

40808_417449806361_600671361_5139329_7060536_n.jpg

American Idiot News: The Idiot National Tour 2011 will launch in San Francisco. Casting notices in LA and NYC soon - More info to follow. No 2011 date announced, and no West End information at this time ,,

Marie, just curious, where did you see that information?

I was told the they'll be performing Letterbomb, LNOE, and AI at Bryant Park on Thursday. Subject to change, of course, but that's the line-up right now. :)

I talked to June tonight and she, Johnny's dad, and Johnny's sister had a blast at Green Day on Tuesday. They were given VIP tickets and everything. She said that she would love to go again. I told her that DC was on Wednesday and she got all excited. LOL.

I dont know if this has been posted... sorry if it has.

and also I dont know about theater, but in my opinion they're doing well :D

wowfh.png

Woah woah, they're going to tour?! That's great! Although that does mean that my plans for trying to go to the musical aren't going to happen :(

Wow, if that's true about the touring over on the West Coast - that's excellent for people out there who couldn't make the trip to NYC! Keeping fingers crossed for you Brits for it to move across the pond.

I hope they do play LNOE at Bryant Park. That's a nicde change and one that showcases a lot of great voices. Letterbomb, too.

So, I saw it again tonight with my daughter and her friend - they both loved it. :) Our seats were awesome - I would recommend the mezzanine to anyone! We could see everything from there, from top to bottom, and we were still close enough to see spit, lol.

Leslie was in for Mary, and she did great I thought! There were some other minor changes, too, but basically the major roles were the same. The new 'Favorite Son' (Wallace Smith) was excellent! I also loved Gerard's 'Holiday' bit! I could appreciate the bus from where I sat so much more than ever tonight, too.

Still seeing little things I didn't see before - there is just so much to look at at once. Letterbomb is getting to be a real favorite part of the show for me; it just has so much energy, and Rebecca sings that song just so perfectly. WAKE UP!!! lol I never thought I would think that about someone else singing it, but wow - her spin on it is just...wow!

I have to say, too, that the 'Extraordinary Girl' scene gets better and better every time I see it.

September just gets me every time, and also is a highlight for me. I watched the ensemble this time during September, and it blew me away - their 'dance' is so simple but horrifying at the same time. I dunno how to explain it - I watch but I want to shut my eyes at the same time. That song is so powerful and full of meaning, and it amazes me how it can reinvent itself every time I see it.

Someone in our row (a mom and her 15 year old son) decided to leave after Novacaine - too much sex and drugs for her, she said...

And also - I wish people would just have more respect for others. There were a few people behind us that kept giggling and talking - so annoying and distracting. I don't understand what was so funny, and even if they found it funny, you think they could've held it in for a bit.

NYLON Magazine is have a contest/giveaway/sweepstakes for tickets to AI in August. Details are here and you can enter here.

However, what cracked me up were the rules & regulations for the contest:

2jc6o86.png

:happy:

:lol:

thats hilarious, thanks for posting

I would rather try to date Esper :ninja:

PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCEMENT: Tony Vincent will be joining the cast of American Idiot on Broadway for a performance of "Last Night On Earth" at "Broadway In Bryant Park", Bryant Park, NYC this coming Thursday --Here's the info! --> http://www.bryantpark.org/plan-your-visit/broadway.html

If anyone is fortunate enough to be at this gig, and is able to take some pics / record a video of Tony's performance for hosting on his official fan site, I'd be very very grateful to hear from you!

~ingrid x

Edited by miss_ing

Haha...that's great! I love people with a sense of humor. :lol:

PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCEMENT: Tony Vincent will be joining the cast of American Idiot on Broadway for a performance of "Last Night On Earth" at "Broadway In Bryant Park", Bryant Park, NYC this coming Thursday --Here's the info! --> http://www.bryantpark.org/plan-your-visit/broadway.html

If anyone is fortunate enough to be at this gig, and is able to take some pics / record a video of Tony's performance for hosting on his official fan site, I'd be very very grateful to hear from you!

~ingrid x

I wish! I'm so sad that I'm not going to be able to go. I am going to Hartford to see Green Day and I'll be on a bus to one of the most boring cities in America. But at least there will be a Green Day show at the end of it.

Damn it...

Living in Florida sucks when anything that has to happen on the east coast is in New York. -_-'

Damn it...

Living in Florida sucks when anything that has to happen on the east coast is in New York. -_-'

This.

Aww... Billie was at American Idiot tonight and he liked Wallace. :happy::)

From the GD Twitter: I saw A.I. On broadway. New favorite son, Wallace, is great!

Ingrid, I'll be at Bryant so I'll take some video.

Here are some videos from Johnny's gig on Sunday; he's experimenting with other musicians and he mentioned that next month he'll try electric. Heh... :cool:

The set list:

Two Fists Full

Brittle Bones

So Many Things (No full video... sorry...)

Waiting At The Bus Stop

Dead For A Year

Close To The Cusp

I Thought Of You

Three Out Of Five Ain't Good

The Buried Boy

Yes, I Guess They Oughta Name A Drink After You

Don't Fix It

OMG, who wrote that rules thingy part :lol:"You can't sue us if you win. You can't sue us if you don't win" :lol: :lol:

Aww... Billie was at American Idiot tonight and he liked Wallace. :happy::)

Ingrid, I'll be at Bryant so I'll take some video.

thank you so much! :)

sorry I'm a little late with the news (and co) but I don't understand one thing. Why Joshua Henry left American Idiot Musical?

I loved him so much :(

sorry I'm a little late with the news (and co) but I don't understand one thing. Why Joshua Henry left American Idiot Musical?

I loved him so much :(

He got a cast in a Broadway-bound show called, "The Scottsboro Boys."