American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Someone should tell Wallace Smith to fix the background to his twitter account so people can actually see he's in a picture with Sting :)

I wasn't going to mention this, but then Broadway Critic and Vince Mediaa splashed this all over the Facebook and the American Idiot on B'way page today. There are rumors that the show is closing. They heard as soon as this weekend, I heard earlier today at the beginning of September.

American Idiot on B'way responded that it's an unverified rumor, so before anyone gets panicky, it is probably best to wait for any official word. Rumor mode is just rumor mode.

^

let's put the rumors to rest - nope, we are not closing! Rest assured, "Idiots," we are still rocking the socks off of the St James nightly!

Case closed. :)

In other news, apparently Declan is back! Yay.

I wasn't going to mention this, but then Broadway Critic and Vince Mediaa splashed this all over the Facebook and the American Idiot on B'way page today. There are rumors that the show is closing. They heard as soon as this weekend, I heard earlier today at the beginning of September.

American Idiot on B'way responded that it's an unverified rumor, so before anyone gets panicky, it is probably best to wait for any official word. Rumor mode is just rumor mode.

Wow - I read that earlier, and honestly, I'm surprised. I hope, if it's true, they at least wait til Monday - I'm taking two teenagers that have been anticipating this for months!

^

In other news, apparently Declan is back! Yay.

Oooh, lol - thanks! :)

^

Yes, thanks. That's what I said, if you read what I posted.

Wow - I read that earlier, and honestly, I'm surprised. I hope, if it's true, they at least wait til Monday - I'm taking two teenagers that have been anticipating this for months!

It's been a whacked out day for rumors! Sometimes, it's hard to be a fan, lol.

Yes, thanks. That's what I said, if you read what I posted.

Ooh, snarky. :whistle I read it but you wrote it like you weren't sure and I didn't want some sort of panic to start again.

Oh, I read it but you wrote it like you weren't sure and I didn't want some sort of panic to start again.

Nope, I wasn't panicked at all. Sorry if it came off like that. I thought I was doing the opposite, lol!

Anyway, earlier today was the rumor about a "secret GD show," and I got texts from folks about it, and they were all in a panic, lol, I've been calming people down all day, ha! And then not two hours after that ended, I heard about this rumor. I brushed it aside until a few hours later Vince and the B'way Critic put it on the official and unofficial fansites on FB. I was like, "no, don't say that in public, don't you know what could happen?" lol. :blink:

Anyway, I dunno, two fires at once, and then the rumor today about a secret show. It's been one of those days!!

:bunny::happy::pinch:

God only knows what the next rumor will be that pops up...

Broadway World thread on this.

Very catty, as usual.

Anyhoo, it is going to close one of these days, just hopefully later than sooner. They are making good bank, though. Ack. We'll see.

June, Johnny's mom, mentioned to me that she was going to the GD concert last night so I was cracking up when I saw John's tweet:

' My mother is totally "cell phone in the air at a concert" dialing me from the Green Day show in Camden!'

:wub:

Ooh, snarky. :whistle I read it but you wrote it like you weren't sure and I didn't want some sort of panic to start again.

Sorry if it sounded snarky. Just responding the way I read it. This thread is like that sometimes.

Sorry if it sounded snarky. Just responding the way I read it. This thread is like that sometimes.

No, no, it's totally cool. I took no offense. :)

@ plaid: Johnny's mom sounds awesome. Haha.

No, no, it's totally cool. I took no offense. :)

@ plaid: Johnny's mom sounds awesome. Haha.

No worries. That was pretty great about his mom.

The Idiots are in the finals for softball so they'll be playing next week... as well as perform at Bryant Park. Go support them at both. :dance:

And you Tony Vincent fans should be pleased at the selection of a particular song for Bryant Park... :thumbsup:

The Idiots are in the finals for softball so they'll be playing next week... as well as perform at Bryant Park. Go support them at both. :dance:

And you Tony Vincent fans should be pleased at the selection of a particular song for Bryant Park... :thumbsup:

Nice! Is that show on Sunday or Saturday? I can't remember.

And congrats to them for the finals!

Nice! Is that show on Sunday or Saturday? I can't remember.

And congrats to them for the finals!

we'll be in hartford :/

we'll be in hartford :/

You'll be in Hartford, you mean? It's not this weekend?

Ah, nevermind, I see it's Thursday. Yea, I'll be in Hartford, too. :ermm:

Ah I had the privilege of seeing American Idiot last night... amazing. I think I've told half the population of Manhattan about it, or sang at them about it heh, I find myself now mesmerised by the guy that plays St Jimmy though :) x

well this thread is quite confusing if you come in at page 222 but still awesome

tony and michael are the best and michael is really so...well... um .... sweet :dance:

but not working for me :pinch: I want a version !! :pinch:

How do you mean it's not working? Just pick a date, and above that player thingy you see something like 'download this song', and then you can save it on your pc! :)

but not working for me :pinch: I want a version !! :pinch:

It's not working for me either, I want a version from the show I went to :(

Hi,

I'll be in Manhattan in the first week of September and of course I wanna see the musical. Is there a difference if I go there Thursday, Friday or Saturday? Which seat category is good (but not too expensive)? Do I have to order the tickets on the internet before my trip? What else is important to consider? I'm really excited because I'll see the musical but I've never been in New York before. pls help me.