American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Tony Vincent ‎...oh if i could be a fly on the wall at tonite's gig...

just posted on facebook. Then he said something about playing Whatsername from a remote location.

Tony Vincent ‎...oh if i could be a fly on the wall at tonite's gig...

just posted on facebook. Then he said something about playing Whatsername from a remote location.

haha, too funny. he could phone it in.

Anyway, I gotta go and see the Avengers play tonight at the Bell House. That is going to rock. If GD is in town, they should come to that! Anyway, have a great night, folks, have fun whatever you do!

The Fallon thins is pre-taped, it was never going to be live.

Yes, I knew that. I was just thinking that IF they are in town and going to be at AI, why wouldn't they do JF live? Just thinking aloud. That's all.

Yes, I knew that. I was just thinking that IF they are in town and going to be at AI, why wouldn't they do JF live? Just thinking aloud. That's all.

Ah, yea, I can see that. I don't watch Fallons show, but I think it's always taped? I dunno.

Haha, I think the Broadway babes got Jimmy Fallon and AI mixed up tonight, that's what wad going on. Love it.

It sounded from Aspen's tweets that a lot of the usual cast members were out tonight/lots of substitutions? Anyone see the show? I'd be curious to see someone else in Johnny's role but disappointed if that was the only time I could see it.

From Aspen's Twitter:

http://yfrog.com/hqmavmj

That was the fuss. If the boys were in town, EVERYONE would be tweeting. I think Billie is being the loveable father for the EA Tour on the other side of the country for the time-being. :)

A lot of people that I knew were freaking out because they love Van and want to see his take on Johnny.

I just looked at that myself. Wow, that is a lot of people out.

I would quite like to see Gerard and Aspen as Theo and Alysha during Too Much Too Soon. :)

I know Theo's out because he hurt his shoulder and TV's still out for the infection. Johnny must be dying if he missed a show. I hope he's okay. =/

According to one tweet, Tre was at the show tonight. Don't know about anyone else.

Mary, Tony, Theo, Dec, and Alysha will be out this weekend. Alysha's filling in for Michael Mayer's workshop in Vassar so Aspen will be on in her place. Leslie switches with Libby for Heather.

The actual understudy board looks quite impressive considering how much they put on it. :happy:

x2_223bd24.jpg

A couple of my friends went and they said that Van was great as Johnny. And Aspen & Gerard were so adorable during Too Much Too Soon due to the height difference between them and Michael & Libby. :wub:

HOLY FUCK, TRE WAS THERE LAST NIGHT? I went on Tuesday night (the 27th) and was definitely looking around for the boys, even though the possibility was next to nothing. I CANNOT CANNOT believe I finally got to see it. Whatsername was phenomenal, good god she has the voice of an angel. I loved seeing these songs I know like my fingerprints manipulated into new meanings and story lines that I never pieced together.

I saw John Gallagher Jr. twice on the street, but I didn't say anything to him because it was before I'd seen the show and didn't really know what I'd even say. The first time he was rushing past and then the second time I was standing next to him at the crosswalk and it was weird knowing exactly who he was and me just being some passerby stranger. I'm pretty sure he was headed to the theatre though, because he popped into a convenience store near it.

I sat in front of a little old lady who said "I don't know much about this one, but I hope it's good. My son wanted to come." She was the sweetest person and told me all about how she adores theatre and had wanted to come to NY since she was four. I remember Billie saying regular theatre people come to AI, and it was amazing to meet one of them! I felt nerdy with joy as people filed out of the show and gushed about how good it was. It was as if they were praising my own child or something!

Oh and St.Jimmy was an understudy and he was dang gooood.

I love that recap! It's so great to hear the excitement from people when they see it for the first time. I know what you mean about being happy when non-GD fans love it, too. It's almost like getting some affirmation that it really IS great, that I didn't just blindly love it because of the songs and GD involvement. :)

I love that recap! It's so great to hear the excitement from people when they see it for the first time. I know what you mean about being happy when non-GD fans love it, too. It's almost like getting some affirmation that it really IS great, that I didn't just blindly love it because of the songs and GD involvement. :)

Exactly this! My best friend isn't really a Green Day fan and never heard the album, but she is a fan of theater so she agreed to come to NYC to see the musical with me. The first night we saw it, she just kinda took it all in, and at the end she said she loved it. The second night we saw it she was kinda singing along and bopping her knee the whole time! :)

Now she agreed to go see the show in Dallas with me! :woot: She's converting to the dark side :lol:

According to one tweet, Tre was at the show tonight. Don't know about anyone else.

Mary, Tony, Theo, Dec, and Alysha will be out this weekend. Alysha's filling in for Michael Mayer's workshop in Vassar so Aspen will be on in her place. Leslie switches with Libby for Heather.

The actual understudy board looks quite impressive considering how much they put on it. :happy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/x2_223bd24.jpg

A couple of my friends went and they said that Van was great as Johnny. And Aspen & Gerard were so adorable during Too Much Too Soon due to the height difference between them and Michael & Libby. :wub:

Who tweeted that? Huh, I didn't hear about that but that's cool.

I heard the awesomeness that is Van!Johnny and Gerard!Theo. I just hope everyone feels better soon. :)

The tweet was:

@RoryOMalley: After @AmericanIdiotNY tonight a fan grabbed Tre Cool's sleeve to keep him from leaving! Hands off the legendary drummers people! #notcool

Alysha, Declan, and Tony are said to be back by Monday, which frees up Aspen, Sydney, and Kobak.

Apparently, Stark will/might be out on Monday & Tuesday due to the HBO pilot he's in which means Van will be on for him since Ben's getting married on Monday (congrats to him & Kat). However, that would mean that Johnny's better because due to his injury, Chase never finished learning the track thus leaving Van the only person available to cover Johnny and Tunny (and technically Will since Dec probably doesn't quite have that track ready with his injury but Esper's not going anywhere ;D).

The tweet was:

@RoryOMalley: After @AmericanIdiotNY tonight a fan grabbed Tre Cool's sleeve to keep him from leaving! Hands off the legendary drummers people! #notcool

Alysha, Declan, and Tony are said to be back by Monday, which frees up Aspen, Sydney, and Kobak.

Apparently, Stark will/might be out on Monday & Tuesday due to the HBO pilot he's in which means Van will be on for him since Ben's getting married on Monday (congrats to him & Kat). However, that would mean that Johnny's better because due to his injury, Chase never finished learning the track thus leaving Van the only person available to cover Johnny and Tunny (and technically Will since Dec probably doesn't quite have that track ready with his injury but Esper's not going anywhere ;D).

Whoever Rory is, I want to give them a high-five. People grabbing Tre Cool is seriously a no-no. :thumbsup:

That's good. Hopefully Johnny will be back soon. He must be dying if he called out. And Theo still has shoulder issues so that leaves Gerard in his track and Omar still in Gerard's?

Congrats to Ben! Chase will finish learning Johnny's track soon, probably. Of course, I had to read that twice and all I have to say is, "In conclusion, thank God for Michael Esper."

On Tuesday, apparently, Miguel will be on in Theo's track. *That* I would love to see! :D

Chase should be finishing learning the track this week so when Gallagher does take an actual vacation, he and Van will be able to split the time.

And yes, thank God for Michael Esper, indeed, especially for his hilarious tweets last night among that "Twitter-beef."

I want a Team Esper shirt. I didn't think I could love him anymore until his awesome tweets. But that was SO ridiculous and unnecessary. :rolleyes: Actors who enjoy their work apologize for missing a show all the time. Johnny did not need those comments from those who completely overreacted. He is respectful. If Twitter existed back in the beginning of SA, he would have done it there too if he missed a show. /rant

I would love to see Chase as Johnny. Can't wait until he gets the chance! Miguel!Theo? Ooh.

Gah... Esper rules. One of my favorite tweets was the "Also, I just want to apologize to everyone for being in the show tonight" one. :lol:

Johnny did the same thing when he was out in Berkeley so it's not even something that's new. She just completely overreacted and took it too far, especially if she admitted that she understood what he meant. What was the point of ranting then?! /rant

I've heard a snippet of the three (Johnny, Van, and Chase) and Johnny & Van sound very similar with Chase sounding younger/less raw than the other two. I would love to see Van on for anything; lucky for those in NYC to get a chance to see him on for Johnny & Tunny this week. I love Chase's voice in Fran Sancisco so I would be very happy to hear him sing as Johnny.

Words cannot describe how amazing Esper is. And talking about N.W.A. :wub:

I bet Aspen just didn't want to seem as dumb as she sounded. I bet she was lying when she "admitted" that she knew what he meant. She obviously didn't and should just cool it with the tweeting.

Oh these boys...Are Chase and Van the only Johnny understudies?

Gah... Esper rules. One of my favorite tweets was the "Also, I just want to apologize to everyone for being in the show tonight" one. :lol:

She just completely overreacted and took it too far, especially if she admitted that she understood what he meant. What was the point of ranting then?! /rant

that was so hysterical. kind of confirms my suspicions that actors, in general, are a bunch of babies. and i want an esper-disapproving-bunny t-shirt if anyone makes those up for real. i got me some esper looooooooooooooove.

that was so hysterical. kind of confirms my suspicions that actors, in general, are a bunch of babies. and i want an esper-disapproving-bunny t-shirt if anyone makes those up for real. i got me some esper looooooooooooooove.

Yes on both all counts. That t-shirt was hysterical.

Oh these boys...Are Chase and Van the only Johnny understudies?

Chase is the Johnny understudy and Van is the standby. Van is also standby for Will and Tunny, which Declan and Ben are understudies, respectively. All the leads have two people that can go on for them. Unfortunately, for the three guys, their understudies have been plagued with injuries (Chase with his knee, Ben with his shoulder, and Dec with his foot). :o