American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

This is slightly O/T, but it concerns AI so...

I'm at a hotel on Long Island since I have orientation tomorrow, and as soon as me and my mom step off the elevator, right against the wall across from us is a whole bunch of Broadway fliers and shit...

and I literally half-screamed, walked over, and grabbed a whole stack of American Idiot brochures. My eyes like automatically locked onto the colors and I like jumped and ran over. :lol:

I did the exact same thing, there's a stack of them on my desk

:ninja:

Tony is out tonight. Kobak will be going on as St. Jimmy.

plaid, do you know if tony is back in tonight? im considering hopping over for a show but only if tony is in it... thanks, abbey

Someone mentioned that Kobak's still on. I haven't seen his Jimmy personally but I've heard great reviews so don't let him being on as a deterring factor. :)

Honestly, this cast is so freakin' talented that the understudies are also amazing. I haven't heard complaints of any understudy for a lead so far. Heh...

plaid, do you know if tony is back in tonight? im considering hopping over for a show but only if tony is in it... thanks, abbey

tony is out again tonite.

Wow, it would be so weird to see someone else in that role. But I'm sure he will be great!

I've seen him do St. Jimmy before. He's ok at it, but Tony has the voice.

Too bad I didn't read this earlier. I think Kevin and some of Prima Donna are going to the show tonight.

Here's a review of Kobak's St. Jimmy from yesterday from another board:

Josh's St. Jimmy was really really good. He's very different than Tony in that he is obviously physically much bigger, but his characterization is also very different. Since St. Jimmy is suppose to be (at least in some small form) Johnny's alter-ego, then Josh's St. Jimmy is this hot, sexy, rock god who bangs and leaves ladies left and right, while also doing massive amounts of drugs. With Tony, you always get this creepy-mysterious vibe, which you get some of with Josh. With Josh, he just oozes confidence and sex, which make it seem like that when he's St. Jimmy, Johnny wants all of that. He wants to be a rock god. He wants to bang girls and leave 'em wanting more. I loved the whole change in dynamic of it, it was just so refreshing and great to watch.

Josh's voice is great, he's got a very strong and rock tone to his voice, which was wonderful. He tried to do the 'nasally Jimmy' voice in the beginning (which may be how it's always done with both him and Andrew), but he came into his own once he dropped it.

tony is out again tonite.

Too bad I didn't read this earlier. I think Kevin and some of Prima Donna are going to the show tonight.

thanks ingrid - i took a pass on it sans TV. tanya, kevin mentioned that they were going to try and see it yesterday, im not sure what that would have meant for me tho.

Thanks for sharing that Holiday video with Alysha and Josh! Jazz is not my thang but you can't deny this girl's voice kicks ass. Nice guitar playing as well. :)

thanks ingrid - i took a pass on it sans TV. tanya, kevin mentioned that they were going to try and see it yesterday, im not sure what that would have meant for me tho.

probably nothing but a hello, howdy do! lol.

did anyone take a recording of tony's interview with sirius radio? i did, (a really good one), BUT lost 1.5 mins in the middle somewhere when the player screwed up :-/

would be grateful for a copy if anyone snatched the full audio.

best

ingrid

Aww... Michael... :hug:

His video for the Responsibility Project- http://sharerp.com/hh

ETA: Alysha and Joshua Henry with their own arrangement of "Holiday"... jazz version...

RP vid: aw, awkward and lovable Michael. :wub:

and the Holiday vid, luscious! wow :)

thanks plaid.

ETA: Alysha and Joshua Henry with their own arrangement of "Holiday"... jazz version...

That's.. very interesting. Pretty cool. Thanks for posting! :)

I saw the musical on July 21st, and it was absolutely incredible, as everyone has said. =D

I particularly liked Homecoming and When It's Time, but the entire intro with American Idiot just blew me away. Afterwards, I went outside to where they all leave from the stage, and me and about 20 other people got autographs and pictures with the cast. It was a great experience and they were all very nice.

So all in all, if you haven't seen the show, get there and do it. It's well worth the money and the trip.

omg the video of Michael :wub: I can't imagine that it's possible to have a sweeter personality than that. I met him twice and both times he were so adorable, and he had this permanent smile on his face.

My Orientation Group Leader said she saw the show and loved it. She said the dancing and vocals were amazing.

This was just randomly brought up when eating lunch the first day. :lol:

omg the video of Michael :wub: I can't imagine that it's possible to have a sweeter personality than that. I met him twice and both times he were so adorable, and he had this permanent smile on his face.

Michael's the sweetest. He's so friendly and love talking to people even before the show at his stoop. LOL. :happy:

Michael's the sweetest. He's so friendly and love talking to people even before the show at his stoop. LOL. :happy:

He really is the sweetest. The cool thing about meeting him before is that few people recognize him, it's a lot easier to talk to him then. Stark is also unbelievable sweet. They both give amazing bear hugs :wub:

Is something afoot? Aspen just tweeted that people should buy ticket tonight but that's all she could say... The boys are probably in town... Hmm...

Is something afoot? Aspen just tweeted that people should buy ticket tonight but that's all she could say... The boys are probably in town... Hmm...

In town and not live on Jimmy Fallon? Hmmm.....really??????

i tweeted her back (not that she'll answer) that tweets like that make green day fans freak the f*ck out!

In town and not live on Jimmy Fallon? Hmmm.....really??????

The Fallon thins is pre-taped, it was never going to be live.

Van is on for Johnny tonight. :D

I read your previous tweet and I'm asking why she would say to buy tickets for Van being in Johnny's place. Thanks. I know you're the expert, but I have heard from others and not just you. So, I'm just wondering.