American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

ok, the line up for tomorrow's gig is decided and is being rehearsed today, so no matter how much we stamp our feet and protest we're not gonna change THAT decision, but we can try to impact and influence the FUTURE decision making by the AI team, by expressing our thoughts and views on Tony being cut from public events on the official American Idiot on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/AmericanIdiotNY) and Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/americanidiotbroadway). if enough noise is made, maybe they will listen. the problem is that they don't see his role as making sense outside the context of the show, but he IS actually a part of this cast, and deserves the same opportunities to perform as the rest. ST. JIMMY RULES!

i just recieved this message from a fan.--wanted to share:

"In 2002 Tony Vincent was asked to join what was at the time touted as 'one of the most impressive collections of musicians on a single stage'. He sang alongside Sir Paul McCartney, Elton John, Annie Lennox, Ozzie Osbourne, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Tony Iommi and Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys to name but a few. He was accompanied by Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen who had picked him from hundreds of actors to star in their new musical. Where did this take place you may ask? In the garden of the Queen of England at Buckingham Palace in London. Who was in the audience? The British Royal Family, Prime Minister Tony Blair, 12000 audience members and a television audience of over 200 million. Of course, his performance was flawless as always and he brought the musical We Will Rock You to the attention of many, many people all over the world.

Given this impressive pedigree I cannot understand why the Producers of American Idiot would not take up the opportunity of inviting Tony to sing in Central Park. He is purely the only reason many of us would fly half way around the world to see your musical. In my opinion you are missing a huge opportunity to showcase this man's amazing talents and the strength he brings to your production."

John took part of a web series called "Battery's Down" back in 2008. He pretty much played douchebag version of himself. So, the total opposite of who he really is. Here's a compilation of his scenes (I think it's all of them). Enjoy! :happy:

John took part of a web series called "Battery's Down" back in 2008. He pretty much played douchebag version of himself. So, the total opposite of who he really is. Here's a compilation of his scenes (I think it's all of them). Enjoy! :happy:

Hehehe, I was watching that show the other night. I admit I only watched it to see Johnny. :P

130611243.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1279284888&Signature=GpgGvNK89bqFMk%2FXhe8fwCAgqY4%3D

I'm guessing they're going to perform 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams' on GMA?

http://twitpic.com/25rga3

That was a Boulevard of Broken Dreams/Holiday mash-up.

ETA: Tony performed, by the way. He sang "Good Riddance" with everyone.

Tony was part of the Good Riddance finale. It was only on for a little bit but he was there. I'm just a little pissed because the same person is spamming the AI status updates with a petition. We get it. You're pissed!

Yay I saw the last half of their GMA performance. By luck, even, I didn't know when it was and it was on when I came down for breakfast this morning. I only saw half of American Idiot and the whole of Good Riddance and I could barely hear anything, but it was definitely a nice surprise :happy:

Awesome! :lol: Thanks for posting (:

what's going on with tony?

Before it started, a bunch of people were yelling "WHERE'S ST. JIMMY?"

And when he came out everyone went wild.

Before it started, a bunch of people were yelling "WHERE'S ST. JIMMY?"

And when he came out everyone went wild.

that just put the biggest smile on my face :)

It was pretty great, Ingrid. David (son) and I were yelling it from the floor. David really got it going, though. I was so happy when we all spotted him with the cast in the backstage area. He seemed really happy.

The entire performance was really great. They rehearsed a bit of Holiday American Idiot (I knew I had that wrong, but also knew someone would correct it, as usual) acoustically, and their voices sounded amazing. I'm glad I got up so damned early. Good times! I think someone took a video of it, i'll try and find it. might be in the other thread about the performance.

i loved the show, love the soundtrack, their tv performances have been rad, but i think it's time they show off some st jimmy, i mean come on, the most recent one they did time of your life which was awesome, letterbomb was siiiick, but come on, lets show off st jimmy, he really stole the show, hell yeh tony vincent

3 days left!! I can't belive that I'm actually going to see the musical after all I've heard and read about it. I've had a pretty long trip, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

3 days left!! I can't belive that I'm actually going to see the musical after all I've heard and read about it. I've had a pretty long trip, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Awwww, I'm SO excited for you, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Just absorb the whole thing - from the moment the curtain rises till the moment it's down for good!

And if you're interested, be sure to hang around afterwards to meet the cast. They are simply wonderful people :wub:.

You're so lucky :wub: I'd do anything to see the musical, but unfortunately I live too far awat from Broadway :(

Maybe someday <3

Awwww, I'm SO excited for you, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Just absorb the whole thing - from the moment the curtain rises till the moment it's down for good!

And if you're interested, be sure to hang around afterwards to meet the cast. They are simply wonderful people :wub:.

aww thank you :wub: I'm really excited myself!

I would love to meet the cast, they seem so down to earth and lovely. Do the cast always hang around afterwards?

You're so lucky :wub: I'd do anything to see the musical, but unfortunately I live too far awat from Broadway :(

Maybe someday <3

I live pretty far away from Broadway myself so everything is possible. I had much luck this time, I hope someday you'll be as lucky as I'm and get the chance to see it! :wub:

aww thank you :wub: I'm really excited myself!

I would love to meet the cast, they seem so down to earth and lovely. Do the cast always hang around afterwards?

Most of them do come out and meet people afterwards. And they've all been absolutely wonderful every time I've been there. Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it :).

Most of them do come out and meet people afterwards. And they've all been absolutely wonderful every time I've been there. Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it :).

thanks for the info, I'm pretty sure I'll be hanging around afterwards.

I will :) I'm leaving to NYC tomorrow morning, I'll come on here ASAP after the show :)