American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Sounds awesome. When are you going?

January 22.

Since my birthday is on the 20th, which falls on a Thursday and I have class and he has work.

He decided to make it a weekend adventure. Spend the whole day in New York and then go the show.

He said this will be my birthday present for when I turn 21. Great birthday present indeed.

January 22.

Since my birthday is on the 20th, which falls on a Thursday and I have class and he has work.

He decided to make it a weekend adventure. Spend the whole day in New York and then go the show.

He said this will be my birthday present for when I turn 21. Great birthday present indeed.

Great gift and great dad!! :)

Wow! 3x!!!! Have a wonderful vacation. (I'm sure we'll hear more about it as it get closer.) Hope you enjoy NYC and your first trip to the States.

Thank you! <3

I'm so excited right now :)

Thank you! <3

I'm so excited right now :)

I'm excited for you, Ingrid! You're going to love it SO much :wub:!

I'm excited for you, Ingrid! You're going to love it SO much :wub:!

Thank you :happy: And I surely hope so, as I'm flying across the Atlantic to see it! XD

Speaking of this musical being a Family Bonding Time, I saw it again this weekend and this time brought my 15 year old daughter with me. We flew into NY for her first visit to the City and her first Broadway show. Of course I wanted her first experience with a Broadway musical to be the best one ever, so there was no question that we would be seeing AI. :)

It was a real treat for me to see it again after so much time had passed. The last time I saw it was practically three times in a row back on Opening Night in April and the days before and after, so it was all fresh again. We sat Center Mezz and I must agree with everyone who said that is the place to be for the best overall view. I've sat everywhere from mid Orchestra to balcony to front row and I still vote for the first rows of Center Mezz given a choice. If you can only see it once, definitely try to get seats there.

I was pleased Josh Henry was still in the cast when we saw it. I knew he was leaving but hadn't kept track of exactly when. I saw that link above to his new project - sounds like a great opportunity! I enjoy him so much in the show - the next Favorite Son has some serious briefs to fill. :lol: It makes me sad to think about original cast members leaving, especially the principals, but it seems impossible that they will not burn out eventually, given the intensity of the show.

Libby was in for Mary, and she was all right. Lorin was in for Libby, I believe. Michael's microphone went out for the first part of the show(something that seems to happen on occasion from what I have read here) so he had to use a regular handheld mic throughout the end of JOS - a bit awkward but he pulled it off.

The whole show seemed more polished if that is possible. The flying scene was beautifully executed - whenever I watch it, I can't help but think back to opening preview night at Berkeley and seeing that for the first time. Not nearly so polished! Letterbomb remains one of my all time favorite performances.

The Good Riddance encore at the end was well-received by what appeared to be a nearly full theater. As I mentioned, Lorin was in for Libby, and she took Libby's spot and vocal in the encore as well. Unfortunately, it was really obvious that Lorin does not know how to play the guitar at all so she kind of stood there holding one while everyone else played and sang. Maybe no one else noticed it, but it seemed so glaringly obvious to me! If I were her, I would make it a priority to at least learn the chords to that one song.

My daughter loved the show! We waited for autographs in the bar area and got some wonderful photos. It was so great to see that, for the most part, the cast was as accomodating and friendly as several months ago. I am always so touched by Christina Sajous' kindness - sheis so sincere and always takes the time to chat and answer questions. She's just a lovely person and was so sweet to my daughter!

ALSO PUSHES! It is AWESOMELY MAGICAL!

I flew in for one night from Minnesota just to see this on April 22nd!!! I don't regret it at all! Except that I wish I could've stayed just ONE more night! haha!

I have also heard that the first couple of rows in the mezzanine are the BEST to view the show. Hope this helps you! :)

Center mezz it is, thanks everyone!

Just got my tickets this morning. Orchestra section, 12 rows from the stage. =D I'm so excited!

^How very exciting. For what date?

July 21st. =D Not very far away at all.

July 21st. =D Not very far away at all.

1.5 weeks away. That is exciting. Enjoy! I know you will.

Well, keep in mind, a trip to New York to see the musical is also a trip to New York! You could see and do so many things besides just the musical. You could see the musical more than once, maybe. It's not as if you spend two months pay and all you get to do is see the musical. But, of course, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it. We all have our own situations to deal with :).

I do love NY, I went for 9 days last October and fell in love with the city!! Its so difficult because i'm planning a trip to Oakland, Cali and NY next summer with my friend Ali, I just wish we were going sooner!!

Well i'm sure it'll come to the West End, even if I have to wait a couple of years :)

Thanks for the advice J'net,

Join host Julie James, of SIRIUS Satelite Radio's "On Broadway" channel for a live interview with Tony Vincent TODAY (14th July) at noon! If you're in the NYC vicinity come down and join the studio audience at The Broadway Concierge and Ticket Center inside the Times Square Information Center on Broadway between 46th and 47th Streets. It’s free and no tickets are required. Your front row seat awaits... On Broadway! If you're not able to attend, you can tune in to the broadcast on SIRIUS XM “Live on Broadway” this coming Friday on SIRIUS XM’s ‘On Broadway’ channel at 7 pm ET, with encore broadcasts being aired on Sundays at 11 pm ET, Tuesdays at 7 am ET and Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

Join host Julie James, of SIRIUS Satelite Radio's "On Broadway" channel for a live interview with Tony Vincent TODAY (14th July) at noon! If you're in the NYC vicinity come down and join the studio audience at The Broadway Concierge and Ticket Center inside the Times Square Information Center on Broadway between 46th and 47th Streets. It’s free and no tickets are required. Your front row seat awaits... On Broadway! If you're not able to attend, you can tune in to the broadcast on SIRIUS XM “Live on Broadway” this coming Friday on SIRIUS XM’s ‘On Broadway’ channel at 7 pm ET, with encore broadcasts being aired on Sundays at 11 pm ET, Tuesdays at 7 am ET and Wednesdays at 12 noon ET.

damnit, id go if i wasnt entering idiot lottery! it would be rude to have to leave and then yell

ITS OKAY, IM PAYING TO SEE YOU ANYWAY

Hey guys - so I waited too long to buy tickets for the AI Broadway Impact event that's this Sunday at Joe's Pub. Does anyone here have an extra ticket to sell? Please PM me. Thank you!! :)

Jill (ifmemoryserves) and I are going this Sunday (July 19th). I know it's last minute, but we wanna meet up with some GDC'rs (and have a party!) so please come if you can!!!

Jill (ifmemoryserves) and I are going this Sunday (July 19th). I know it's last minute, but we wanna meet up with some GDC'rs (and have a party!) so please come if you can!!!

Well, I can't meet up (not in NYC), but I really hope you both enjoy the show!

You mean, Monday, July 19th? :) They're dark on Sundays now.

Dear EVERYONE--an URGENT announcement! Tony (St. Jimmy) has, YET AGAIN, been snubbed of an opportunity to perform with the American Idiot cast and will NOT be included in the line up tomorrow for the GMA concert in Central Park. Tony is a core / principal member of the American Idiot cast, has been described by reviewers as being "louche and compelling, and the evening’s strongest vocalist", as having "mesmerizing vitality and piercing vocalism" yet has been cut out of EVERY promo / publicity event involving American Idiot on Broadway thus far--EVEN THE TONY AWARDS!! Enough of this!! We, as his fans, as his support network, need to rally together to protest this crazy decision by the AI producers, and so, I look to you all for your support--we must act TODAY! If you are as disgusted as I am right now, and want to see Tony perform tomorrow, and for the producers to give Tony the respect, the recognition and the opportunities he deserves as an outstanding attribute to this production, then please send a message (addressed to, and directed at, the "American Idiot producers") expressing your views / opinion, and OUTRAGE to the Tony Vincent World inbox on Facebook or via email to admin@tonyvincentworld.com, NOW, and we'll forward all the messages on in the form of a petition, later today, and make some noise about this TOGETHER!! Please spread the word to every Tony Vincent and American Idiot fan you can. There is amazing power in numbers, SO LET'S DO IT!!

Always,

-Ingrid x

Edited by miss_ing

Dear EVERYONE--an URGENT announcement! Tony (St. Jimmy) has, YET AGAIN, been snubbed of an opportunity to perform with the American Idiot cast and will NOT be included in the line up tomorrow for the GMA concert in Central Park. Tony is a core / principal member of the American Idiot cast, has been described by reviewers as being "louche and compelling, and the evening’s strongest vocalist", as having "mesmerizing vitality and piercing vocalism" yet has been cut out of EVERY promo / publicity event involving American Idiot on Broadway thus far--EVEN THE TONY AWARDS!! Enough of this!! We, as his fans, as his support network, need to rally together to protest this crazy decision by the AI producers, and so, I look to you all for your support--we must act TODAY! If you are as disgusted as I am right now, and want to see Tony perform tomorrow, and for the producers to give Tony the respect, the recognition and the opportunities he deserves as an outstanding attribute to this production, then please send a message (addressed to, and directed at, the "American Idiot producers") expressing your views / opinion, and OUTRAGE to the Tony Vincent World inbox on Facebook or via email to admin@tonyvincentworld.com, NOW, and we'll forward all the messages on in the form of a petition, later today, and make some noise about this TOGETHER!! Please spread the word to every Tony Vincent and American Idiot fan you can. There is amazing power in numbers, SO LET'S DO IT!!

Always,

-Ingrid x

Ingrid, Ive noticed how TV doesnt get screen time at any of these and it always strikes me as strange. While I wouldnt call myself OUTRAGED, I am certainly disappointed when I dont see him on one of these PR performances. Perhaps the marketing machine deems his character's performance as too dark for PR?

I like Tony, don't me wrong, but there really isn't much that can be done.

For his character, there just aren't songs that the majority of the cast can perform with him. His songs as SJ, LNOE, KYE, and the first portion of Homecoming. These aren't group numbers that can be performed like AI or Holiday. BTW, Tony would have performed on the Tonys if the show had won.

It's unfortunate that his storyline doesn't give better options for group numbers, but writing to the show or ABC, I doubt would do anything. He has done promo before, as noted with the radio interview yesterday. He's does the Bloomingdale's event and the Grammys. They (the cast) honestly haven't performed *that* many times and about each time people didn't perform, so it's not that the publicity peeps don't like Tony or don't know what an asset he is, but that for performing options, he just isn't in 'proper' group songs.

IMHO.

But that doesn't mean that he can't perform at least one song during a cast show, particularly with the entire cast at Good Morning America. Truthfully, I don't get it. And yes, while I'm not "outraged," It just seems strange.