American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I was just about to post that :happy: but good luck to him, the prjoect sounds amazing! it will be interesting to see how they take a subject like that and turn it into a musical.

Wow! He will be missed. Yes, good luck to him. :thumbsup:

The Guthrie!!! :woot: I just might be able to go see this, since it will be in my neck of the woods! :banana:

If anyone is in NYC next week, the cast will be in Central Park performing for Good Morning America. David and I are going, hope to see you there, bright and early! I don't think this has been posted here yet.

American Idiot will be performing on Good Morning America next

Friday 7/16!! Set your DVRs now! You are invited to join the Broadway

cast of Green Day's American Idiot for a free, live concert on Good

Morning America in New York's Central Park! The intimate performance

is open to the public and will be at Central Park's Summerstage on 7/16.

Enter on 72nd and 5th Ave at 6am.

Hi guys.. Could anyone help me with searching? I'm looking for a cap like Billy was wearing at 21 guns video with the cast. Who can say me where can I buy a cap like that or give me some advice? If anyone knows some information, please tell me. Thanks for attention...

Hi guys.. Could anyone help me with searching? I'm looking for a cap like Billy was wearing at 21 guns video with the cast. Who can say me where can I buy a cap like that or give me some advice? If anyone knows some information, please tell me. Thanks for attention...

Hi. Are you talking about this video? :

If that's the video, he wears three or four hats in it. Which one are you thinking of?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

• Like 1

Spring Awakening for example was in and out in 10 weeks in the West End, after a run of 2 months i think off-WE in Hammersmith :)

That's exactly what I was thinking of. :happy: And HAIR is closing over there in September-ish.

I might be in the city around the 17th...I MAY swing by. Does anyone know the protocol with GMA events?

It'd be cool for it to hit up the West End but shows that did well on Broadway aren't quite as a hit to the West End crowd, at least recently with shows that appeal to younger crowds.

At the aftershow in Paris we talked with Bill Schneider, we asked about the Musical and he said it might come to London in 2-3 years, at least that's what they hope. :)

Would anyone recommend the musical enough for me to spend 2 months of my pay cheque to go to NY and see it? Hmmm.. I still really want to see it but it'll cost so much!

Gosh, I really hope does come to the West End even if its just for a short while because I'll never be able to go to America but in London I would be straight there.

Would anyone recommend the musical enough for me to spend 2 months of my pay cheque to go to NY and see it? Hmmm.. I still really want to see it but it'll cost so much!

Well, keep in mind, a trip to New York to see the musical is also a trip to New York! You could see and do so many things besides just the musical. You could see the musical more than once, maybe. It's not as if you spend two months pay and all you get to do is see the musical. But, of course, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it. We all have our own situations to deal with :).

Does anyone have advice on the best seats/section in the theater to see the musical? I'm going sometime around the beginning of August. When I searched online, the best available was row K in the Orchestra, 11 rows from the front. I'd really like to get closer, was in the front row for Jersey Boys a few years ago, and although expensive, it was definitely worth the money. And since this is Green Day related and I'm taking a big trip all the way from Dublin, I've saved up and am willing to spend to do it right!

Sorry if this has already been covered - I couldn't get through all 200 pages.

Does anyone have advice on the best seats/section in the theater to see the musical? I'm going sometime around the beginning of August. When I searched online, the best available was row K in the Orchestra, 11 rows from the front. I'd really like to get closer, was in the front row for Jersey Boys a few years ago, and although expensive, it was definitely worth the money. And since this is Green Day related and I'm taking a big trip all the way from Dublin, I've saved up and am willing to spend to do it right!

If you're seeing it for the first time, center mezz might be the best for you. You'll get a great overall view of the stage. For Orchestra, the front two rows (AA and BB) for AI is reserved for lottery so the closest that you can get via Telecharge is Rows A and up. You can try BroadwayBox and see what seats are available there. However, up until a certain date, the first few couple of center orchestra rows are considered premium and are $200+ but the closer to the date, premium seats can be released as regular seats reducing to $100+.

If you're seeing it for the first time, center mezz might be the best for you. You'll get a great overall view of the stage. For Orchestra, the front two rows (AA and BB) for AI is reserved for lottery so the closest that you can get via Telecharge is Rows A and up. You can try BroadwayBox and see what seats are available there. However, up until a certain date, the first few couple of center orchestra rows are considered premium and are $200+ but the closer to the date, premium seats can be released as regular seats reducing to $100+.

Yes - first timer. Thanks for the suggestions - not sure yet exactly what I'm going to do, but if those closer seats got released and were not $200, that would be great.

Right in this moment trying to decide whether I should get tickets for this or not. I'm thinking about going to New York in the beginning of October.

Should I go for it? Somebody please give me the push I need to get my act together and buy the tickets!! :P

Yes - first timer. Thanks for the suggestions - not sure yet exactly what I'm going to do, but if those closer seats got released and were not $200, that would be great.

Also, in my opinion, if you're in the orchestra, you should be at least back in Row C or D - not closer. The first few rows are just too close unless your neck is made of rubber :).

Right in this moment trying to decide whether I should get tickets for this or not. I'm thinking about going to New York in the beginning of October.

Should I go for it? Somebody please give me the push I need to get my act together and buy the tickets!! :P

PUSHES...

It's really an awesome experience. If you have the chance, take it!

• Like 1

ALSO PUSHES! It is AWESOMELY MAGICAL!

I flew in for one night from Minnesota just to see this on April 22nd!!! I don't regret it at all! Except that I wish I could've stayed just ONE more night! haha!

I have also heard that the first couple of rows in the mezzanine are the BEST to view the show. Hope this helps you! :)

I have also heard that the first couple of rows in the mezzanine are the BEST to view the show. Hope this helps you! :)

I got to see the show from 3 different spots, and first or second row mezz were definitely my favorite.

^but you have to admit you LOVED it when you sat inbetween me and cheryl. :banana::sherlock:

PUSHES...

It's really an awesome experience. If you have the chance, take it!

ALSO PUSHES! It is AWESOMELY MAGICAL!

I flew in for one night from Minnesota just to see this on April 22nd!!! I don't regret it at all! Except that I wish I could've stayed just ONE more night! haha!

Haha, thanks you two ;)

I've officially got tickets to see it on October 1st, 3rd and 6th!! :D

I'll be staying in New York for a week, and I'll be going with my brother and my mom. Never been outside Europe before. Eeek! :wub:

I'll be staying in New York for a week, and I'll be going with my brother and my mom. Never been outside Europe before. Eeek! :wub:

That's awesome! You'll have a blast :thumbsup:

Haha, thanks you two ;)

Wow! 3x!!!! Have a wonderful vacation. (I'm sure we'll hear more about it as it get closer.) Hope you enjoy NYC and your first trip to the States.

My dad told me that he was gonna take me for my birthday so I won't have to buy the tickets. Yay!

So, I'm really excited to go and he said that he wanted to see it when he saw the performance on the Tonys.

We'll have fun...he said that this will be our father/daughter bonding trip. We never had one of those in awhile. :happy:

My dad told me that he was gonna take me for my birthday so I won't have to buy the tickets. Yay!

So, I'm really excited to go and he said that he wanted to see it when he saw the performance on the Tonys.

We'll have fun...he said that this will be our father/daughter bonding trip. We never had one of those in awhile. :happy:

Green Day and Musical Theatre brings families together. :wub:

Sounds awesome. When are you going?