American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

You can still get tickets through www.americanidiotonbroadway.com. I keep getting emails about reduced rate tickets from a few Broadway related sites as well. I know they were promoting reduced rates for this past holiday weekend for the show, so perhaps you can luck into something like that. Also, last minute, there is always the ticket lottery on the day of show.

Ticket prices still range from $49 to $122 per, I believe, with some shows and seating costing more.

Have a great time!

also, check TKTS in duffy square for day-of performance half price tickets. when i was there a few weeks ago they had great mezz seats.

Guest Shangri-La

FTS = fuck time sally. all that fucking has resulted in a massive loss of brain cells?

clearly the 28 reasons for him to take me were not compelling enough, may need to come up with another 28.

Oui! I'd probably remember if Andres would stop dicking around and change my username already.

Oh, and I agree!

You can still get tickets through www.americanidiotonbroadway.com. I keep getting emails about reduced rate tickets from a few Broadway related sites as well. I know they were promoting reduced rates for this past holiday weekend for the show, so perhaps you can luck into something like that. Also, last minute, there is always the ticket lottery on the day of show.

Ticket prices still range from $49 to $122 per, I believe, with some shows and seating costing more.

Have a great time!

also, check TKTS in duffy square for day-of performance half price tickets. when i was there a few weeks ago they had great mezz seats.

Thanks so much I'll check them out

A new little Q&A with Johnny (New York Magazine)

Snippet:

In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?

I sweat.

How much is too much to spend on a haircut?

I always let my hair go until I get a job and someone cuts it for me.

When's bedtime?

I'm filling this questionnaire out at 2 a.m. if that's any indication.

When's the last time you drove a car?

February in Los Angeles. I drove a rental into the wall of a rehearsal studio in Burbank. I thought I'd put the car in reverse.

Every time I read something about him, it just confirms what a nice guy he is. :wub:

He really is a sweetheart. I know that a lot of people (not here) complain that he doesn't stage door but honestly, if he had enough energy to do so, he would after every performance and stay until he talked to everyone who wanted to talk to him. I'm going to be very sad when he leaves the show, but I doubt he'll be unemployed for long. LOL. I hope that he does a play next. :)

I admit, I was sad that he didn't make it out after the show we saw, but I also wasn't expecting him to after reading (on here) that he usually doesn't. And I totally get it. It's a hard performance and he needs time to regroup and live his own life besides the show.

I really hope he's in this show for a very long time. I know it's done all the time, but it'll be hard to imagine the show without him.

I admit, I was sad that he didn't make it out after the show we saw, but I also wasn't expecting him to after reading (on here) that he usually doesn't. And I totally get it. It's a hard performance and he needs time to regroup and live his own life besides the show.

I really hope he's in this show for a very long time. I know it's done all the time, but it'll be hard to imagine the show without him.

I am really hoping that the named-after-him-role he plays and the circumstances of the show (Green Day and stuff) will be enough reason for him and the PTB to have him on the show till the end of the run, which i hope will not come soon :)

Snippet:

In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?

I sweat.

:lol: Nice little interview! Thanks for posting :happy:

I am really hoping that the named-after-him-role he plays and the circumstances of the show (Green Day and stuff) will be enough reason for him and the PTB to have him on the show till the end of the run, which i hope will not come soon :)

Unfortunately, as much as I would like him to stay the entire run (however long that is), it's not very common for cast members to stay, especially leads. "Spring Awakening" was on Broadway from November 2006 to January 2009 and Gerard & Frances, who was the Adult woman understudy, were the only ones who stayed the entire time. For a high-energy show like "American Idiot," I wouldn't be surprised about people getting burned out easily, especially if they've been attached with the project since the beginning like John.

I'd like John to stay for as long as he likes and is deemed healthy. I remember people said he didn't want to leave Spring Awakening that early as he did but he had the possibility of another job, decided to give his notice but then the strike screwed him over and they already had a replacement in rehearsals. I know it's most likely untrue but that's what I heard.

I love his answers to those questions. So simple but funny.

No, Moffie. That's basically true. He was cast in Starry Messenger that was suppose to take place off-Broadway in 2007 and then Broadway afterward, but not only the strike but other scheduling factors got the production canceled. They had already hired Blake so John just went and did other projects.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like him to stay the entire run (however long that is), it's not very common for cast members to stay, especially leads. "Spring Awakening" was on Broadway from November 2006 to January 2009 and Gerard & Frances, who was the Adult woman understudy, were the only ones who stayed the entire time. For a high-energy show like "American Idiot," I wouldn't be surprised about people getting burned out easily, especially if they've been attached with the project since the beginning like John.

All that is no news to me *is seasoned SA fan* :)

Though a girl can hope, can't she ? All to do with dreaming of flying to New York and see the show myself someday :)

A new little Q&A with Johnny (New York Magazine)

Gah! He seems like such a sweetheart. :wub:

I remember reading something about him not being able to meet the fans after shows on his blog (which I can't seem to find anymore).

I was talking to my mum when we were on the train today and she asked me if I wanted to go to LA for a family holiday this year. She quickly corrected herself and asked if I wanted to go to "Broadway". :lol:

I told her I would love to go to New York, especially before 'American Idiot' closes. Unfortunately flights from Sydney to New York aren't cheap but this isn't the first time she's asked me so I might have a chance! :woot:

I'd do anything to see this musical while most of the original Broadway cast is still in it.

I hope the european people can have a chance too, to see it in London or.. somewhere in Europe!

I hope the european people can have a chance too, to see it in London or.. somewhere in Europe!

It'd be cool for it to hit up the West End but shows that did well on Broadway aren't quite as a hit to the West End crowd, at least recently with shows that appeal to younger crowds.

It'd be cool for it to hit up the West End but shows that did well on Broadway aren't quite as a hit to the West End crowd, at least recently with shows that appeal to younger crowds.

Spring Awakening for example was in and out in 10 weeks in the West End, after a run of 2 months i think off-WE in Hammersmith :)

Here's the official announcement of Josh Henry leaving "American Idiot." He'll be joining the Broadway production of Scottsboro Boys. His last day is said to be the 17th. Congrats to him.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Initial_Casting_Announced_for_THE_SCOTTSBORO_BOYS_IDIOTs_Henry_Joins_Cast_20010101

Here's the official announcement of Josh Henry leaving "American Idiot." He'll be joining the Broadway production of Scottsboro Boys. His last day is said to be the 17th. Congrats to him.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Initial_Casting_Announced_for_THE_SCOTTSBORO_BOYS_IDIOTs_Henry_Joins_Cast_20010101

I was just about to post that :happy: but good luck to him, the prjoect sounds amazing! it will be interesting to see how they take a subject like that and turn it into a musical.

Didn't know if everyone show this interview with Tony Vincent:

Tony's dressing room

so cool that the ice bucket and dom perigonon champagne he received as gifts on opening nite from his TVW (Tony Vincent World) fans were listed by him as his top 5 dressing room keepsakes and goodies :)

-ing x