American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Bahahahahaha :lol:

Where the hell did they get that from? :lol: (the writers of the article)

They must've been really short on news...

It must have been one of those "news blurbs" in a music magazine or something. The poster at the IC didn't say what magazine it came from, unfortunately. :( And yes, slow news day, for sure!

It must have been one of those "news blurbs" in a music magazine or something. The poster at the IC didn't say what magazine it came from, unfortunately. :( And yes, slow news day, for sure!

No, I mean, where did the writer of the article get that from? Have they ever joked about that or something, or did the writer just make it up out of the blue. xD

No, I mean, where did the writer of the article get that from? Have they ever joked about that or something, or did the writer just make it up out of the blue. xD

Someone at the IC said that they remember GD making jokes about it while drunk in interviews (I think they said interview, will have to look for it later on)... not sure if it was "official" or just the guys talking off the top of their heads... as usual, lol. :) The article is from 1998, so I'm not sure where the actual "news" came from. But it was in print, so it must have been true, lol!! (j/k)

Someone at the IC said that they remember GD making jokes about it while drunk in interviews (I think they said interview, will have to look for it later on)... not sure if it was "official" or just the guys talking off the top of their heads... as usual, lol. :) The article is from 1998, so I'm not sure where the actual "news" came from. But it was in print, so it must have been true, lol!! (j/k)

Haha, okay.

Ah yes, of course it's true!! It's in a magazine, they're always right!!!! Just like when they said Green Day almost ended up in a hospital/almost died from making 21stCB...

I mean, now that 'She's a rebel' (sung by just Johnny ) is a mash up with 'Last of the American Girl' is there a major difference with how it was staged in Berkely ?

Well, they added LOTAG towards the end of the Berkeley run so from that to its current state, there isn't too much difference in the staging besides postcard, the violins at the beginning of the song and who sings the chorus.

If you went from the LOTAG/SAR of Berkeley to the Broadway preview version, then there were more differences, but they nixed that so it went to something more similar to the Berkeley version.

As far as "She's A Rebel" to the current version, the differences are:

- there's the postcard between Johnny & Will at the beginning

- the violins in the actual song

- Whatsername does the spray can on Johnny's shirt

- Whatsername does the pamplets

- Will & Chase do the "She's A Rebel" counter to Johnny's LOTAG

And that's basically it.

Well, they added LOTAG towards the end of the Berkeley run so from that to its current state, there isn't too much difference in the staging besides postcard, the violins at the beginning of the song and who sings the chorus.

If you went from the LOTAG/SAR of Berkeley to the Broadway preview version, then there were more differences, but they nixed that so it went to something more similar to the Berkeley version.

As far as "She's A Rebel" to the current version, the differences are:

- there's the postcard between Johnny & Will at the beginning

- the violins in the actual song

- Whatsername does the spray can on Johnny's shirt

- Whatsername does the pamplets

- Will & Chase do the "She's A Rebel" counter to Johnny's LOTAG

And that's basically it.

Thank you :)

I only saw the bootlegs of the Berkely version though. What does Whatsername do with the spray can and the pamphlets ?

Thank you :)

I only saw the bootlegs of the Berkely version though. What does Whatsername do with the spray can and the pamphlets ?

In the current version, Whatsername takes the spray can and draws a heart on Johnny's shirt. The pamphlets which says "Love Happened Here" are thrown out into the audience; the ensemble also throws the pamphlets during the dance sequence of "She's A Rebel."

In the current version, Whatsername takes the spray can and draws a heart on Johnny's shirt. The pamphlets which says "Love Happened Here" are thrown out into the audience; the ensemble also throws the pamphlets during the dance sequence of "She's A Rebel."

Thank you again :)

Guest Shangri-La

I'll be in NYC again in september so I have to see the musical a few more times! Is anyone else going? I'm going to be with my boy and musical theater isn't really his thing.. last time i drug him to AI he stayed in the lobbey and got suuuper drunk with the bartenders. I would rather go with someone who actually cares!

I might be heading to NY in 2 weeks and I want to see this show badly, how do you book tickets and what are the prices?

I might go and see this in September.

This will be my early birthday present to myself.

I'm going to see it with my friend.

He loves Broadway and he's like, uber excited to go. :happy:

I'll be in NYC again in september so I have to see the musical a few more times! Is anyone else going? I'm going to be with my boy and musical theater isn't really his thing.. last time i drug him to AI he stayed in the lobbey and got suuuper drunk with the bartenders. I would rather go with someone who actually cares!

FTS - pm me the dates you will be in nyc and perhaps I can find myself in nyc then.

Guest Shangri-La

FTS - pm me the dates you will be in nyc and perhaps I can find myself in nyc then.

I was just going to text you to let you know you're coming to NYC to see me! I haven't the slightest idea on the dates yet. We're driving, staying in Minneapolis, Wisconsin, and Chicago for a while but I'm guessing maybe the last week of September is when I'm in NY. I'll let you know in the next few days.

PS. What's FTS?

PPS. Maybe BJA will finally take you to the musical in september since they're not touring! You can bring me as your chaperone.

I love it! The Wall of Friendship. <3 Thanks for the link. :happy: How was the 'rival' softball game?

Mary is adorable. They lost, 3-4. :( But they were happy with the result. Close game. :happy:

PS: Ben went on for Favorite Son tonight (Omar covered the rest of Josh's track) and should be back tomorrow, as well.

I was just going to text you to let you know you're coming to NYC to see me! I haven't the slightest idea on the dates yet. We're driving, staying in Minneapolis, Wisconsin, and Chicago for a while but I'm guessing maybe the last week of September is when I'm in NY. I'll let you know in the next few days.

PS. What's FTS?

PPS. Maybe BJA will finally take you to the musical in september since they're not touring! You can bring me as your chaperone.

FTS = fuck time sally. all that fucking has resulted in a massive loss of brain cells?

clearly the 28 reasons for him to take me were not compelling enough, may need to come up with another 28.

I might be heading to NY in 2 weeks and I want to see this show badly, how do you book tickets and what are the prices?

You can still get tickets through www.americanidiotonbroadway.com. I keep getting emails about reduced rate tickets from a few Broadway related sites as well. I know they were promoting reduced rates for this past holiday weekend for the show, so perhaps you can luck into something like that. Also, last minute, there is always the ticket lottery on the day of show.

Ticket prices still range from $49 to $122 per, I believe, with some shows and seating costing more.

Have a great time!